Thread: Getting a printer

Default Getting a printer

Getting a printer for home use with all in one function needed for kid schooling but good enough for photo printing too.

I was told that most brands of printer come with timer/counter preset to break down.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Default Re: Getting a printer

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN LEE View Post
    Getting a printer for home use with all in one function needed for kid schooling but good enough for photo printing too.

I was told that most brands of printer come with timer/counter preset to break down.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!
    I just bought the Canon Pixma MP210, an all-in-one printer, that's the cheapest i could find in the UK. Its the bottom of the line, but Its amazing. prints fast, good quality print. good scanner. In all, its value for money.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I can recommend the Epson CX7300 series. Great stuff, good price.
    Alpha

I'm much happier with my Canon MP600 than I was with either of my Epson models. I don't want another machine that clogs so easily.

I'm using Canon Pixma MP610. Great price for a great printer. Used HP printers before, don't really like it as the ink used up for printing is quite a lot. And if you didn't use the printer for sometime, the ink will be dried up. Sell it after 3 months of usage.

http://site-sg.canon-asia.com/index....rod_type=mp610

If you want to print photos, try getting canon printers with individual ink cartridges as yellow and red usually used up faster then the other color.
    flickr
    Canon 450D, EF 50mm f1.4, EF-S17-85mm IS USM

Epson & HP are pretty good.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Thanks for all the recommendation.

I am using an Espon but with some 3rd party ink tank for sometime and this is the third Espon printer I use and the first with the additional ink tank.

With or without the ink tank, the print head clogged and head cleaning performed. After few rounds of head cleaning and printing, the system just refused to work and error code shows servicing needed.

For the one I use the ink tank, I sent it to the shop that I bought the ink tank and they told me they reset the counter and charged $30. The troubles for bringing the printer from one location to another and return is just getting too much for old man like me.

For me, is not the $ to buy a printer (from $68 to few hundreds) but creating waste that full the Earth.

Anyone knows any brand of printer that do not have such preset counter to breakdown?

Thanks and long live the Earth!

I have no trouble with canon printers with third party ink.
    flickr
    Canon 450D, EF 50mm f1.4, EF-S17-85mm IS USM