Thread: How about a 1 day photo RACE!!!!

Default How about a 1 day photo RACE!!!!

Hi All....

This is a wild Idea which i would like to see if there are people interested....

I'm thinking about having a "CS organised 1 day Competition"...

Here is the rough plan...

8.00am - Photographers gather at a designated location. Organizers than annouce the theme of the "Competition"

8.45am - Finalizing on any question or queries...etc...

9.00am - THE RACE BEGIN!!!!!!!!

(The race will be about 5 hours long.....where photographers will go anywhere ...out there to shoot based on the theme.....THEY WILL THEN GET A PRINT OUT DONE of one best shot for their entry for the competition at the end of the race......)

2.00pm - Photo submission Cum Exhibiton......Judges will conduct jugdging from this period.

4.00pm Announcement of Winner!!!!!.....All photos will be returned to their respective owners..after the competition...

.......So thats how things would be like....if the idea come true!!!...

Pen down your thoughts and see if there will be any CS members keen in such an event!!!!

Regards,
    Sulhan
    Last edited by sulhan; 29th June 2003 at 04:06 PM.

Default Re: How about a 1 day photo RACE!!!!

Originally posted by sulhan
    Hi All....

This is a wild Idea which i would like to see if there are people interested....

8.00am - Photographers gather at a designated location. Organizers than annouce the theme of the "Competition"

(The race will be about 5 hours long.....where photographers will go anywhere ...out there to shoot based on the theme.....THEY WILL THEN GET A PRINT OUT DONE of one best shot for their entry for the competition at the end of the race......)

2.00pm - Photo submission Cum Exhibiton......Judges will conduct jugdging from this period.

4.00pm Announcement of Winner!!!!!.....All photos will be returned to their respective owners..after the competition...

Pen down your thoughts and see if there will be any CS members keen in such an event!!!!

Regards,
    Sulhan
    Good idea

Got prize $$$???

Sounds good but the race timing too long.. shortening it to 3 hrs will bring out the real grit of our members...

I'm in if you are organising!!

Originally posted by SniperD
    Sounds good but the race timing too long.. shortening it to 3 hrs will bring out the real grit of our members...

I'm in if you are organising!!
    wah brother, 5 hrs is inclusive of getting your best shot printed leh! According to Sulhan la at least. Development of slides is already 3 hours, still got choosing somemore! Digital guys will be at an advantage.

I'm interested to join too if there is one, more for the fun than for the competition. It'll be damn fun!

hmmm, need to print ah .. i dont have printer leh. i dont mind taking part for the fun of it.

Hi, er.. can DC users join?

Default Re: How about a 1 day photo RACE!!!!

I have been involved in something similar here is Sydney a few times.

Instead of a Theme we were given cryptic clues to locations, landmarks etc around Sydney city (CBD) you had to photograph in the allotted time.

This was before the days of digital cameras and at the end of the time period you handed over your film (1 roll only) and the organisers processed them for you then did the judging.

Talking Re: How about a 1 day photo RACE!!!!

Hi All....

Regards,
    Sulhan
    good idea .....

but wat abt thoze uzing film / slidez ..... ?? .....

Great IDea...I have been toying ard with ideas like that. It could make photography more fun for you!

For example, I was thinking of shooting, for 3 months, on just anything related to the number 3. And then I'll shoot anything that is predominantly red for a month, and then a month on nothing but my 50mm lens....and the list goes on.

It provides a challenge and enables you to concentrate on certain aspect of your skills.

Cheers!

shiok idea. count me in if there ever is one!

Here's one idea that i would like to try:

Get a few, say 5 photographers. Get each one a kodak point n shoot, the kind with the film and camera combined. No flash. i think $12? Same lens, same film, same viewpoint. Just skill.

Give 24 hours. Only can use that camera. No external photographic equipment. No studio. Shoot anything you want. Don't have to finish the roll - 1 picture only also can.

Next day, 1 person develop the 5 rolls and print 4Rs. Shuffle all the photos.

5 photogs get together over a round table and vote for best 3 pictures - but cannot vote for own picture.

Winner gets... recognition from peers, who are themselves photogs. i think that's worth a lot.

How, anyone want to try?

sulhan, interesting idea! sounds like fun!!!

i got a suggestion though - instead of submitting prints after 5 hours, how about submitting the digital file/slide/neg to be printed instead? then we can get together and compare prints again another time... that would make it fairer for those using slides/negs...

Default Woohhh Hoo!!!! Great response!!

Hehee...

Its juz a wild idea popped up while surfing CS forum page with my wife....

Anyway...i think Larry idea is good.....Keep Ideas coming in....!!!!

regards,
    me

Originally posted by Larry
    sulhan, interesting idea! sounds like fun!!!

i got a suggestion though - instead of submitting prints after 5 hours, how about submitting the digital file/slide/neg to be printed instead? then we can get together and compare prints again another time... that would make it fairer for those using slides/negs...
    second that!

Sulhan, you have great ideas! your wife too!

The Amazing Photo Race?

i want to join!

Default Re: Woohhh Hoo!!!! Great response!!

Its juz a wild idea popped up while surfing CS forum page with my wife....
    waaaah so loviiiiing.... surfing together with your wife! and probably with your daughter in your lap right?

Talking

hmmm .....

sulhan ..... iz thiz still on ..... ?? .....