Thread: Moving Lights, still subjects.

Default Moving Lights, still subjects.

Not sure if i can describe myself, seen it somewhere, however unable find back the picture online. It's not the normal light streak where, you just open long exposure.

The one i saw was, candles and other lamp lights on the bg and fg moves as if the camera is moving, however the human subject is static and no motion blurs. It's not DI in anyway.

If you understand what i'm refering to, how do you achieve that technique?

Default Re: Moving Lights, still subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinlimlx View Post
    Not sure if i can describe myself, seen it somewhere, however unable find back the picture online. It's not the normal light streak where, you just open long exposure.

The one i saw was, candles and other lamp lights on the bg and fg moves as if the camera is moving, however the human subject is static and no motion blurs. It's not DI in anyway.

Its flash with rear curtain sync, i think. The flash flashed ta the end of the exposure to freeze the human subject.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Or panning at night?

Quote Originally Posted by edwinlimlx View Post

Sit on a swivel chair, hold the camera pointing at yourself, set a slower shutter speed eg, 1/8, swing the chair quickly and take the picture so that the camera/subject position remains relatively unchanged, the background and foreground (not much foreground to start with..) which are not rotating together will move.... Is this the kind of effect you're after?
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 11th June 2008 at 03:08 PM.

Not my photos - found using google. Something like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spectrapix/316077376/

Or this? (2nd photo, the one with the bride)

http://www.shortcourses.com/use/using6-6.html

Both using the technique that blive described.