Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I find good cheese?

Default Re: Where can I find good cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Thanks......that is one heck of a good place for cheese.

There is actually a chef there too and he is French of course.........to asked him on how to pair a good wine with good cheese.

http://www.lafromagerie.com.sg/
    is he the cute little blonde guy?

OT a bit.

Did anyone see the "worm cheese" that the Italians in Sardinia eat on Arts Central last night?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    OT a bit.

Did anyone see the "worm cheese" that the Italians in Sardinia eat on Arts Central last night?
    A colleague of mine has been to Sardinia and has actually tried it..... He says the taste is not too bad and has a burning effect on your throat.

The cheese is actually left in the open so flies can lay their eggs on them and the maggots will hatch and ferment the cheese. It's illegal I think but people still make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    Oh, me?
    ...you taste good?

Speaking of cheese, any idea how I can get the cheese normally used for nachos? I heard they came in liquid form but I can never find it off the shelf. Personally, I like those served in Golden Village Cinemas, those found in Cheers didn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo View Post
    Speaking of cheese, any idea how I can get the cheese normally used for nachos? I heard they came in liquid form but I can never find it off the shelf. Personally, I like those served in Golden Village Cinemas, those found in Cheers didn't even come close.
    You can use any kind of cheese you want to be honest. Up to the individual and his palate. But if you like those in GV cinemas, well, all I can say is that those are bad nachos. I don't expect good nachos to be served in a movie theater.

I usually use cheddar cheese and monterrey jack cheese, and sometimes cream cheese as well to make the cheese for my nachos.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    You can use any kind of cheese you want to be honest. Up to the individual and his palate. But if you like those in GV cinemas, well, all I can say is that those are bad nachos. I don't expect good nachos to be served in a movie theater.

I usually use cheddar cheese and monterrey jack cheese, and sometimes cream cheese as well to make the cheese for my nachos.
    sometimes people just want fast and good

there are liquid cheese, try to look for it around the chips section in cold storages

wow thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    sometimes people just want fast and good

there are liquid cheese, try to look for it around the chips section in cold storages
    Not really looking for fast and good
    Was never really a cheesy person . How do you guys actually prepare from the solid cheese yourself? Microwave it?

Not really looking for fast and good
    Was never really a cheesy person . How do you guys actually prepare from the solid cheese yourself? Microwave it?
    If u are not a really cheesy person, then u can try the liquid glass bottles ones usually found in the cold storage chips section.

IF I am doing a cheese fondue, I will boil it over the stove, if it's for nachos, most likely it will be the oven.

talk about cheese, has anyone of you tried "walking cheese" (aka rotten cheese/ casu marzu)? This is the highest level of enjoyment where the smell is at its peak. the sight of it can make one throw up though.

http://food.oregonstate.edu/ref/dairy/trofimov.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12