Thread: UV filter and circular polariser

Default UV filter and circular polariser

Can the two filters be used together??
    or they must be attached separately??
    cuz i read in one magizine which mentioned to allow maximum utilisation of the circular polariser, no other filter must be present.
    However from my optics physics point of view (which might be wrong) these filter should be able to go hand in hand, (thats wat confuse me.)

Pls advise

Why would you want to use both filters at the same time? What kind of shots are you planning to do that requires the use of both filters?

I can only think of vignetting as a potential problem, depending on the design of the lens.

There is a single filter that combines both, it cost about $87 for a 55mm thread.

i dun see anything wrong with it.
    fella used 2 cir-pol and a nd8 for his hill street pic.

Default Re: UV filter and circular polariser

Originally posted by tangoninazero
    Can the two filters be used together??
    or they must be attached separately??
    cuz i read in one magizine which mentioned to allow maximum utilisation of the circular polariser, no other filter must be present.
    However from my optics physics point of view (which might be wrong) these filter should be able to go hand in hand, (thats wat confuse me.)

Pls advise

yes ofcourse! i've been using it ! in fact i like the effect with pl addons especially with our kind of sky- making it more contrasting. however do be careful with wide angle lens, with 2 filter add ons, vignetting might occur
    Last edited by jtnet; 29th June 2003 at 10:44 PM.

thanks folks