View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2008?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Italy

8 9.64%
  • Netherlands

20 24.10%
  • Germany

20 24.10%
  • Spain

13 15.66%
  • Portugal

17 20.48%
  • France

5 6.02%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Euro 2008 Prediction

Default Re: Euro 2008 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    this is a crazy euro...most favourites are out already...i'm starting to fear for spain as russia will have revenge on their minds...but looking at the state which turkey is in, i'm tipping germany to finish the game within 90 mins so that they feel fresher for the final. as for spain and russia, hope it doesnt go to extra time again cos the russians really look super fit to me.
    so much that the dutch defenders couldnt keep up with them in the 2nd half of the extra time.
    Not as crazy as the last Euro! Greece champions? Don't make me laugh!

Well, I'm still supporting Germany. Their performance against Portugal was very encouraging. I hope that there aren't too many fouls and injuries in the Turkey match...If they keep their wits about them they should be able to get through in the 90 min. I'm predicting a Germany - Russia final. That could turn out to be a fantastic match. Both teams have excellent stamina, so it could be a very intense 90 min (plus over time?)!
    Cameras: Rollei 35, Rolleiflex-T, FinePix F700, Nikon D60, D300
    Pics: Churchwolf's Album.

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    Not as crazy as the last Euro! Greece champions? Don't make me laugh!
    the last euro where greece won the champions, me and my friend fall asleep on the sofa watching them play...super boring team.
    stamia can be used in both ways, one is use it to soak and defend then break out lighting fast to counter or like russia use stamia to keep attacking from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwolf View Post
    Well, I'm still supporting Germany. Their performance against Portugal was very encouraging. I hope that there aren't too many fouls and injuries in the Turkey match...If they keep their wits about them they should be able to get through in the 90 min. I'm predicting a Germany - Russia final. That could turn out to be a fantastic match. Both teams have excellent stamina, so it could be a very intense 90 min (plus over time?)!
    Germany vs Russia would be like WWII all over again.

But that means my Spain won't be in! So I'm hoping for a Germany vs Spain final. And Spain to win.

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    Germany vs Russia would be like WWII all over again.

But that means my Spain won't be in! So I'm hoping for a Germany vs Spain final. And Spain to win.
    I don't know about it being like WWII...I would like to think that everyone has moved well past that. But it would herald back to some of the great Soviet - West Germany matches of the past.

I am so glad to see that the quality of football has been better this time around. The last championships were a total and utter snooze-fest. It is great to see the better teams having made it this far. Now for a nail biting next few games!

Only the Germans and the Spaniards remain from this list.... let's see what happens tonight and tomorrow night.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Ok Germans are on their way now........one more day of rest for them.......

Now I hope the mighty Russian will bulldoze their way thru the Spanish defence.

Huzzah!

Its my heart versus my brains in the finals! Spain VS Germany! Sure hopes Spain wins!

I think full time will be a draw game....... then extra time...... then panalty...........

Germany to win........ Lens to be the man of the match to keep the goals out during the shootout....... lets see........
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

This will be an interesting final with both teams having had their variable performances, lets just hope they both bring their A game! Sure hope Germany smokes the Spaniards!

i'm fine with any team winning the euro.
    but i dont want ballack or feb to go home with nothing...
    may the best team win afterall at the end of the day, is all about taking your chances and making your shots count in terms of goals.
    may likely be a tight game in the final with both teams stringing 5 across the midfield in order to cancel out 1 another...
    spain would want to keep more possesion against the germans and take the lead 1st so they can sit back and slow down the tempo of the game then go on the break again for the killer blow.
    the germany may try to hold spain till extra time in order to wear them out.
    but if it goes to penalties, spain's keeper has a better record over jens lehmann.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 27th June 2008 at 05:02 PM.

Final day final game...

Ever since the Italians were out, my money is on the Germans. It's going to be a very tight game, and will likely go into extra time...

Game ON.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

I say, 2-1 to Zee Spanish. Zee Spanish will lift zee Cup!

As Turkish from the movie Snatch would say,"Protection from what? Zee Germans?"

The Germans didn't play well, loose passing and poor defending....Spain are the deserving winners of this morning's game.

Congratulations to the Spaniards for lifting the Cup a second time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    The Germans didn't play well, loose passing and poor defending....Spain are the deserving winners of this morning's game.

Congratulations to the Spaniards for lifting the Cup a second time!!
    Amen to that!

P.S. I'm not religious.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234