Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best camera I have that I would never want to replace...

Default Re: The best camera I have that I would never want to replace...

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    i'm no doctor, but from what i know of the human eye (if you really want to put it in "camera" terms):

- The human can differentiate about 17 million colours, which is about 24bit, tops.

- We are unable to see individual still frames faster than about 30 fps. Which is why "video" looks like "video" to us... the frames merge in our minds.

- ISO is a measure of sensitivity. The f-number of the human eye varies from about f8.3 in a very brightly lit place to about f2.1 in the dark. At 1/30s ("human frame rate") i would guesstimate the best ISO of the eye to be around ISO800-3200.

- 100 gigapixel? Actually, iirc, the human eye resolution is very very low. It works differently from a camera, and can only make out details at the point where it is concentrated on, the rest of the scene is a blur of colours.

- The "built-in stabilizer" would be the brain, not the body. In fact, our beating hearts and jittering muscles are probably the reason why we need those mechanical stabilizers in the first place.

- The eye actually has weaker focusing than camera lenses. A camera lens can focus on one plane at a time (DOF is actually another term for "acceptable blur"); so can the eye, but the brain can only extract information from one tiny area at a time.
    Thanks for the info...learn something new. By the way, need not be so serious on jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    my sensor is faulty due to neglect and has only like 70-80 deg FOV with the aid of additional lenses in front.
    Hey uncle, heard of the "sticky filter"? It sticks nicely on your lens so you don't need to use the old "mount in front" filter anymore. It makes the cam looks much "pro" too. Hahhahaa

Quote Originally Posted by tunster View Post
    Hey uncle, heard of the "sticky filter"? It sticks nicely on your lens so you don't need to use the old "mount in front" filter anymore. It makes the cam looks much "pro" too. Hahhahaa
    using that sometimes, but a bit costly and maintainance is a chore. Thinking of modifying the front element for a more permanent fix.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12