Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guys, do u mind your spouse earning more than u ?

Default Re: guys, do u mind your spouse earning more than u ?

I always pray that one day in the future my wife can earn more than me...

Actually men will lose lots of bargaining power when his wife earn much more than him.
    as we know couple do quarrel sometime(for some almost everyday) & in this case men will lose out more
    like men love to social with friends a lot & buy expensive electronic stuff like camera and wife will start to nag like that
    In the long run, most men will feel inferior and under much pressure from family(those 3gu 6po) & friends(especially those pig pal dog friend)
    Both couple must be mature enough to handle this as life doesn't goes smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    I think when a couple is married, they should think as one for the family instead of keeping tabs on who paid what. This will just add strain the marriage
    I guess if you are the kind of person who can take money from wife for personal expenses like camera, PS3, etc, then it is ok lor. If you can't and insist on paying for your own stuff, I think 40k vs 150k lifestyle is DRASTICALLY different, and will put a strain on marriage when one spouse leads a good life while another leads a thrifty life.

It all depends on the guy whether he is happy taking money from his wife... if he is ok with it, then it should be ok.

That's a very interesting question. For the time being, I earn more than my gf. But I think if she does earn more than me, 50k vs 150k, I would still be happy. It is because of the way you guys handle your finance. If you, as a married couple, used to share expenses, then it should be alright. So at the end, it depends on whether the individual see money as a factor to 'dictate' authority, or just a means to have a happy joint life.

Cheers, Christophe

wife 55K, husband 54K

should the husband mind????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    I guess if you are the kind of person who can take money from wife for personal expenses like camera, PS3, etc, then it is ok lor. If you can't and insist on paying for your own stuff, I think 40k vs 150k lifestyle is DRASTICALLY different, and will put a strain on marriage when one spouse leads a good life while another leads a thrifty life.

It all depends on the guy whether he is happy taking money from his wife... if he is ok with it, then it should be ok.
    Both should be even lar. A husband and wife should fulfill one's needs in order not to have any kinda of tension in their marriage. Although it may seems men is spending more on IT gagdets and so on but women on the hand is spending $2,000 handbag.

There is no end to who is spending more. Wife maybe naggy on the things men spend but men can also do the same. Based on my experience, wife maybe naggy but at the end of the day she will let him have his toys and so on. Women just love to nag for the sake of nagging but sometimes their nagging helps me save money on things I should not spend on.

They help to save money on rainy days.

The worst part is always people gossiping about why is the wife earning more than her husband which sometime leads to misunderstandings.

The maturity the couples plays a very important role to a successful marriage be it she earns more than him. Marriage is a union. There is no yours or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by therat View Post
    wife 55K, husband 54K

should the husband mind????????????????
    Aiyo,

Why don't you put it to more exact amount like 55,999.99 (wife) and 55,999.98 (husband)......

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    let's say u made 40-50k a year but she made 150-200k a year.. will u feel low-self esteem.. embrassed ?
    Not at all bro. Why in fact I'd ask her to work more harder to reach 300k a year by which time I'll be retiring entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Not at all bro. Why in fact I'd ask her to work more harder to reach 300k a year by which time I'll be retiring entirely!
    That my friend is the smartest answer so far i have heard! Better don't let your wifey know about it if she is earning more than you.......and by a great margin.

$300,000 annually is not joke!

That's $25,000 per month before tax and CPF deductions.

let's say u made 40-50k a year but she made 150-200k a year.. will u feel low-self esteem.. embrassed ?
    dun talk abt men mind or not...why so many singles women nowadays...if u think they dun
    mind men earning less than them, think again..

wa lau, i straight away retire leh

dont mind, as long as all that money goes to my bank account. hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12