Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotoAid XXIII: The LUB Goes On!

Default Re: PhotoAid XXIII: The LUB Goes On!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u say the management on saturday got problem issit...

u like indirectly hooting tupi & nisa lor...
    aiyo, i mean chalet lar.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post

If anyone have a place that we can bum in, that also cool. Or any more other ideas??
    Actually I live near East Coast la... If u want to go EC play volleyball in the day, then later at night come to my place, should be ok. Parents usually not at home on Sat... maybe will come home 2-3am (rough estimate).
    I just have one request. If you play volleyball until sandy and sweaty, can take a quick shower at the public toilets in EC before coming my house? If not hor...

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    If really want to do a chalet then might pull it backwards to see how many can make it? but also need others to feedbacks. TIme, locations and blah blah blah

As till now, not many show any interests about it.
    I am not for chalet... extra cost la...
    Yahhh... not much interest also... think we can throw the chalet idea out.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    Pls state what food / drink you would like to contribute.[/B][/SIZE]
    If want to make it even easier, EC there got a lot of junk food outlets, etc...
    We can just grab some of these junk food and split the cost lor. Can make this the meeting point.

Btw, I can bring some mats to sit on.
    Who is bringing volleyball ah? Still dunno our volleyball is coming from where.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

14th june gathering
    time : tbc
    venue : East Coast or Sentosa (pls indicate beside your nick, will decide tomorrow, which ever got the most vote.)

1) tupid guy------(both Venue is fine for me but wont be able to stay "early" this time round as Sunday i have shoot)
    2) luval
    3) john teoh------(full day---------both also can)
    4) dm
    5) pixie
    6) denniskee------(full day---------both also can)
    7) razor-----------(afternoon------????)
    8) phoakm--------(afternoon-------East Coast)
    9) zhangyb--------(after 5pm------sentosa)
    10) WuffRuff------(maybe evening--East Coast)
    11) Exposure

hurry hurry, sign up and join us for a jolly good time (better no more alcohol this time round, too near to the sea liao, than again, maybe beer is ok.).

anyway, just nice, after 1 weekends out of sun, time to get back the tan.

pros and cons of the 2 venues

Mulan :
    I like the ideal of East coast or Sentosa, Sunshine day for everyone. healthy outing after your 1st drinking outing.

East coast - No valleyball I think , but Roller skating, Bicycle, water Skii, BBQ - Great makan area - food courts.
    (denniskee - can do picnic also lar, if we want to stay the whole day and night.)

Sentosa - KM8 - hang out place , Drinking lor, can do valleyball & picnic.

Tupi Guy :
    Sentosa will be a "better" place comparing to EC as it shd be lesser people at the KM8 and even if after sentosa that u all not tired or want somemore Kopi of bumming around at some Pubs or Lounge, St James is just next to it.

Or it the spirit just too high till cant control, we can go climb MT Faber too......

maybe not chalet lar, needs to book, no time liao, we are talking about this weekend you know.

Mulan :
    Hmm.. Chalet?
    but East coast or sentosa is nice la...
    I believe the young group of volunteer will join for such outing.

Dream Merchant :
    Chalet sounds like an awesome idea!

Pls state what food / drink you would like to contribute.

1) tupid guy------(???)
    2) luval-----------(???)
    3) john teoh------(???)
    4) dm------------(???)
    5) pixie-----------(???)
    6) denniskee------(???)
    7) razor-----------(???)
    8) phoakm--------(???)
    9) zhangyb--------(???)
    10) WuffRuff------(???)
    11) Exposure------(???)
    Last edited by denniskee; 9th June 2008 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Actually I live near East Coast la... If u want to go EC play volleyball in the day, then later at night come to my place, should be ok. Parents usually not at home on Sat... maybe will come home 2-3am (rough estimate).
    I just have one request. If you play volleyball until sandy and sweaty, can take a quick shower at the public toilets in EC before coming my house? If not hor...

If want to make it even easier, EC there got a lot of junk food outlets, etc...
    We can just grab some of these junk food and split the cost lor. Can make this the meeting point.

Btw, I can bring some mats to sit on.
    Who is bringing volleyball ah? Still dunno our volleyball is coming from where.
    r u going to chase us out when ur parents are back.

those junk food are $$$$, that why i suggest to bring own food.
    suggest we meet 3pm, so lunch can eat at home, also better since some work 1/2 day.
    maybe only tibits lor, maybe something light like last saturday night will be very good (hint hint), go food centre for dinner lor.

wah! u serious ah! imagine dm, john, razor, sudhir, rsm and me play volley i think more like volley play us.
    Last edited by denniskee; 9th June 2008 at 09:14 PM.

suggest we meet 3pm, so lunch can eat at home, also better since some work 1/2 day.
    maybe only tibits lor maybe something light like last saturday night will be very good (hint hint), go food centre for dinner lor.

wah! u serious ah! imagine dm, john, razor, sudhir, rsm and me play volley i think more like volley play us.
    i can just imagine the huge waves of sand kicked around or...

u guys just stand there and let the sand swallow u...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

No lah... can still stay when they come back but cannot be noisy lor...
    My mum is very paranoid about neighbours complaining... but I think they are ok lah.

maybe only tibits lor maybe something light like last saturday night will be very good (hint hint), go food centre for dinner lor.
    Quite a good suggestion for the lunch and tidbits/ light snacks.
    Food centre on Sat for large group might be problem. That place is super crowded on weekends. It's possible if you don't mind the waiting time to get table lor.
    Or if come my house can order KFC or pizza or what la...

Yahh... I thot many pple said wanna play volleyball?
    Yahhh... some exercise will do you good. Don't only your fingers exercise by pressing shutter.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Yahh... I thot many pple said wanna play volleyball?
    Yahhh... some exercise will do you good. Don't only your fingers exercise by pressing shutter.
    r u watching channel 5 "so u think u can dance"? wait people video the volley session titled"so u think u can volley" singapore style.

r u watching channel 5 "so u think u can dance"? wait people video the volley session titled"so u think u can volley" singapore style.
    Yahhh... I'm sure someone will 'video' the volley session using SLR, then later ask "How to do gif ah?"
    Sounds familiar? Ahem...

You think EC is expensive for foodies...wait till you hit Sentosa hehe. I had a friend who went there with a group recently ..this are well paid bunch in the banking industry and if they say their wallet was burn...they must be burnt..they say it is redicular what they have to pay when back at their home it cost way less heheheh but then bankers can be stingy too heheheh... Even bring mybike in kena charged more that much I know heheh... If you guys want to go Sentosa...get your main food before hand like at the hawker center or Vivocity..etc. IF want to take the rides and see the attractions...bring your life saving. heheheheheh....

Sentosa will also be crowded and you want to get a chance to play at the volley ball beach courts you got to get there early and well regulars have home advantage of muscling in as far as I recalled..I have not played or hang in Sentosa for sometime now at the volley ball beach. And no I have no ball too...volley ball that is heheh...

Wanna drink beers...get them outside of Sentosa. Cheaper outside the island.

Now my biking territory...

East coast you can get to more less crowded beach front if you rent bikes and cycle up towards the jetty or beyond. Those are mainly accessible to people who bike or roller blade or have a car to drive further up. Bring food though...as further up you have those 3 wheel motorbike that sell drinks and very light snack.

With bikes or roller blades( if you are really good at it if not...get ready to fall alot and get holler at by people like me for being slow coach and a nuisance on the biking path heheh) you can have access to alot of places up or down the coast. FOr the really adventurous...there is a path you can cycle all the way along side the airport runway up to Changi Point! It is safe as it is a bike track off the main road.

There is also the machine pull surfing lagoon at the former lagoon with all the seafood and the hawker center too is near by. Not sure if you don't have a board you can surf or fall mainly since you have no idea how to surf heheheh.

The really crowded portion will be near those places with lots of food, bike rental, skate rental like near the former big splash. Another would be the hawker center where you can rent bike too just before you reach the Jetty. And further down there is a twin jetty and a good stretch of beach with very little people...good place to play volley for those incline.
    Wanna bike, my advice get hold of a haversack..it is the best means to not restrict your biking. NOt hard to find a spot to hang and then some get go bike out to get food and come back.

Compare to EC I guess going back is easier unlike at Sentosa where you either walk across the bridge or you take the train or you drive out if you drove in or like me bike out heheh.

In both places it's school holiday....everywhere will have crowd heheh....

I checked...you want a chalet ...the only weekend still available as of 5pm just now is end of the month of June....28th I think.

Me no longer member of the Safra Golf Country Club so can't book those Chalet now...those are some pretty nice ones too.
    Last edited by sammy888; 9th June 2008 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You think EC is expensive for foodies...wait till you hit Sentosa hehe.

Sentosa will also be crowded and you want to get a chance to play at the volley ball beach courts you got to get there early and well regulars have home advantage of muscling in as far as I recalled.

East coast you can get to more less crowded beach front if you rent bikes and cycle up towards the jetty or beyond. Those are mainly accessible to people who bike or roller blade or have a car to drive further up. Bring food though...as further up you have those 3 wheel motorbike that sell drinks and very light snack.

With bikes or roller blades( if you are really good at it if not...get ready to fall alot and get holler at by people like me for being slow coach and a nuisance on the biking path heheh) you can have access to alot of places up or down the coast. FOr the really adventurous...there is a path you can cycle all the way along side the airport runway up to Changi Point! It is safe as it is a bike track off the main road.

There is also the machine pull surfing lagoon at the former lagoon with all the seafood and the hawker center too is near by. Not sure if you don't have a board you can surf or fall mainly since you have no idea how to surf heheheh.

Compare to EC I guess going back is easier unlike at Sentosa where you either walk across the bridge or you take the train or you drive out if you drove in or like me bike out heheh.
    Yahh... sentosa more ex and inconvenient for transport...
    think go EC better.
    If EC really too crowded and cannot find a place... at least can still come to my house.
    It is 5 min walk from the SKI360, hawker, seafood restaurants area.

Do note, many of the cycling routes you have mentioned are closed for construction.
    I have cycled to both ends of EC cycling track and both were closed.
    Not sure if the Changi Point side is still closed as haven't been there recently but I suspect the construction is still on... will not be so fast. They are constructing park connectors to link up all the parks in Singapore. Cool stuff!

Btw, the "machine pull surfing lagoon" is actually called SKI 360. It is a cable skiing park. You don't need to have a board. Boards, lifevest, everything you need is provided but it is not cheap to play. Recently price has gone up, as with everything.
    And it's more ex to play on weekends. Wanna play, go and weekdays cheaper.

sammy, u joining this time round?

do KFC deliver to EC if we tell them where we r?
    Last edited by denniskee; 9th June 2008 at 09:26 PM.

Yahh... sentosa more ex and inconvenient for transport...
    think go EC better.
    If EC really too crowded and cannot find a place... at least can still come to my house.
    It is 5 min walk from the SKI360, hawker, seafood restaurants area.

Do note, many of the cycling routes you have mentioned are closed for construction.
    I have cycled to both ends of EC cycling track and both were closed.
    Not sure if the Changi Point side is still closed as haven't been there recently but I suspect the construction is still on... will not be so fast. They are constructing park connectors to link up all the parks in Singapore. Cool stuff!

Btw, the "machine pull surfing lagoon" is actually called SKI 360. It is a cable skiing park. You don't need to have a board. Boards, lifevest, everything you need is provided but it is not cheap to play. Recently price has gone up, as with everything.
    And it's more ex to play on weekends. Wanna play, go and weekdays cheaper.

Well I saw no contruction at the path leading to Changi. You have to get off your bike to cross over to connection path here and there but it was smooth sailing once you get on the track just after the main gate to Safra Golfing Country Club... The one leading toward the Marina Golf course and Ferries wheel at Marina...that one is closed and would be hard to get to for most weekend cyclists.

Ya SKi360 but those who have not see it might not know the name so I decribed it. I have been photographing around there just before the start of PhotoAIds. Which reminds me have not posted those shot yet heheh....

Working on Saturday...usually knock off 1pm but if boss delay me with last minute fire fighting...it can be 2 - 3pm so I only can make it later. EC I bike. Sentosa will have to figure out how to get there fast....not sure about the access. There are another kind of crowd you have to content with these days at both EC and Sentosa...foreign workers. Nightmare! and I am not talking the educated ones...we talking heartlands. Bane of my cycling route everytime I cycle at parks. On weekends..they come out in full force minus all the good manners and consideration out the window. Not all are like that mind you but at least 80% of them..... just gets my blood pressure up.

do KFC deliver to EC if we tell them where we r?
    KFC? you guys want to enjoy a healthier lifestyle and here you want to gorge on FRIED OILY CHICKEN!!! hahahahahahahahahahah

so can i put your name in, afternoon, EC?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    KFC? you guys want to enjoy a healthier lifestyle and here you want to gorge on FRIED OILY CHICKEN!!! hahahahahahahahahahah

I am sure dennis will bring along a few KGs worth of organic salad

so can i put your name in, afternoon, EC?
    No you can't! heheh...but ya I have a preference for EC heh.

Nisa, will you be joining?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    No thanks..I have organic dinner almost everynight at home heheheheh...I think wil have to call MacDOnald or KFC to find out if they will deliver to the beach. Wait they think crank call hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    the crackers dip u made very nice (hint hint).