Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

  1. #1

    Default Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Fire away.....


  2. #2

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

    the tread says that a short writeup is needed.
    hmmm, i feel that the light on the left is way too distracting for me. i believe taking the car from another angle or closing up on some of the parts of the car would have been better. just my 2 cents worth
    Last edited by HTCahHTC; 3rd June 2008 at 12:18 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

    the tread says that a short writeup is needed.
    hmmm, i feel that the light on the left is way too distracting for me. i believe taking the car from another angle or closing up on some of the parts of the car would have been better. just my 2 cents worth
    Thanks for the feedback and letting me know..its been a while since I posted and the change in rules.

    Well..this image was shot for another photo critique session.

    I basically wanted to shoot something interesting with an alternate/improvised lighting effect.


    I sure would like to know how i could improve on the lighting of the object..specially to get even lights throughout the car and also to improve the lighting on certain areas of the car.

    It was more of an experimental shot where I used CDs for reflection and I placed the toy car on a scanner. I turned the scanner on and let the light run from one end to the other. This way I could use long exposure to get streaks of light thru the holes in the cd rom which i didnt pretty much achieve here.

    I didnt want to go very close to the car as the details are not as good as what it would be on a real car.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    I kinda agree with the bright lights issue... the rule about bright light is that it draws the eyes to it; in this case, attention is drawn to them before you shift focus to the car... IMHO.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Maybe can try placing some color gel on the scanner so that the colors can be shone thru the CD?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Maybe can try placing some color gel on the scanner so that the colors can be shone thru the CD?
    Where I can find this color gel please? thanks

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Quote Originally Posted by funkydonkey View Post
    Where I can find this color gel please? thanks
    The only place I know that sell professional gels is Cathy Photos at Peni but I think you can use those translucent color film selling at art and craft shops since this is a just for fun project.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    There are indeed some undesired issues about your picture but what I think is commendable is the creativity that you have shown in taking this shot. We must not forget that taking photos is indeed an easy task (using point and shoot, its just press and fire away), but what makes us better photographers is the ability to take shots that others are unable to do so.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Reds and other colors...but mostly red

    Quote Originally Posted by k9sparx View Post
    There are indeed some undesired issues about your picture but what I think is commendable is the creativity that you have shown in taking this shot. We must not forget that taking photos is indeed an easy task (using point and shoot, its just press and fire away), but what makes us better photographers is the ability to take shots that others are unable to do so.
    Well..thank you for ur honest opinion...we probably share the same frequency of thought and not Freak-when-see!! lol ..cheers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •