Thread: help with my pics

Default help with my pics

http://www.pbase.com/image/18346171

why is the focus out...i focus on the ants but end up like this.....signs....me really no skill

Looks like the you focused the background. You also might have crossed the minimum focusing distance.

think i cross the minimum focusing distance.....sign... .... ... no money to get a better cam now....

dun have get a new cam for that....those close up filters shld do the trick?

Originally posted by jlpk007
    think i cross the minimum focusing distance.....sign... .... ... no money to get a better cam now....
    just take one step back.. cheap solution.

it's not the cam la bro.. u too near the branch.. like wad maddog said take a step back and it will turn out nicely

Deregistered

jlpk007

How dare you give up, keep shooting! Practice makes perfect.

Originally posted by espn
    jlpk007

How dare you give up, keep shooting! Practice makes perfect.
    ouch ouch...that hurts ........ok...but i just wanna have a big pic of the ants....regarding the closeup filter...it is out.cause my cam is panasonic lc20...so i doubt there is any for it.....

Try with a magnifying glass.

before u start thinking its your equipment's fault and that you should upgrade, consider the following possibilities:

1) From the pic, it may be that you crossed the MFD, or it may be that the camera just chose to focus on the background! The ants and pipe occupy a small portion of the bottom half of the frame, and the background occupies pretty much the rest of the frame. There is a high possibility that the AF system chose to focus on the very contrasty background instead. Use the LCD to shoot next time, and affirm focus using half-shutter before pressing the shutter fully.

2) your camera does not allow attachment of filters, but don't let that stop you! Get a closeup filter, and hand-hold it in front of the lens of your camera. Your camera is light enough for one-hand operation. Megaweb handheld the 250D with the C-750UZ and made heavenly macros.

in fact, you can even use magnifying glass, a reversed 50mm lens, etc etc, to let u have more magnification. People have done that with good results.

Don't give up, keep trying!

Originally posted by Tweek
    before u start thinking its your equipment's fault and that you should upgrade, consider the following possibilities:

1) From the pic, it may be that you crossed the MFD, or it may be that the camera just chose to focus on the background! The ants and pipe occupy a small portion of the bottom half of the frame, and the background occupies pretty much the rest of the frame. There is a high possibility that the AF system chose to focus on the very contrasty background instead. Use the LCD to shoot next time, and affirm focus using half-shutter before pressing the shutter fully.

2) your camera does not allow attachment of filters, but don't let that stop you! Get a closeup filter, and hand-hold it in front of the lens of your camera. Your camera is light enough for one-hand operation. Megaweb handheld the 250D with the C-750UZ and made heavenly macros.

in fact, you can even use magnifying glass, a reversed 50mm lens, etc etc, to let u have more magnification. People have done that with good results.

Don't give up, keep trying!
    i can get a closeup filter ? ..magnifying glass??that is the first time i heard of using it....gotta do some very steady act to hold both of them ....Thanks....

Deregistered

Megaweb was handholding the 500D, not 250D

Originally posted by espn
    Megaweb was handholding the 500D, not 250D
    ok..well...my point still stands.