Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Graduates pay

Default Re: Graduates pay

Just noted an ad saying $2,000 for an 'O' level holder with 5 yrs working experience (admin job). Very surprising! I note that some job ads for fresh grads for admin posts are not even offering $2,000. What kind of world is this?

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Just noted an ad saying $2,000 for an 'O' level holder with 5 yrs working experience (admin job). Very surprising! I note that some job ads for fresh grads for admin posts are not even offering $2,000. What kind of world is this?

For administrative position, I guess the value comes in the form of experience.

Furthermore, graduates may not have any relevancies to offer in terms of what they used to learn academically (i.e. engr grad applying for admin position).

being graduate doesn't necessarily mean must get high pay. if the position applied for is in line with academic background, then certainly due renumeration is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    For administrative position, I guess the value comes in the form of experience.

Furthermore, graduates may not have any relevancies to offer in terms of what they used to learn academically (i.e. engr grad applying for admin position).

being graduate doesn't necessarily mean must get high pay. if the position applied for is in line with academic background, then certainly due renumeration is reasonable.
    I don't really agree with the last statement. If u have always worked in a job that is administrative in nature (say: banking) then if u change to another job which is also administrative in nature (say: education), does it mean u have to get a much lower pay?
    Yes, u may not have the working experience in the education line but u have the administrative skills.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456