Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first try on Film SLR

Default Re: My first try on Film SLR

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Kirin View Post
    Try using positive film. It has more resolution and sharpness than film. More importantly, the colour will not shift so soon as film.

Since you are using DA lens, why there was no vignetting? Could you have croped the photo which would result in further loss in resolution and details?
    from what I tested, the DA40 is full frame, and I heard the DA 70 is too - not sure if the DA 21 is full frame
    Last edited by knyghtfall81; 4th June 2008 at 11:42 AM.
    Scene in Singapore
    Lens of the month: Mamiya Sekor 60mm f2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by knyghtfall81 View Post
    from what I tested, the DA40 is full frame, and I heard the DA 70 is too - not sure if the DA 21 is full frame
    I've tried DA70 on MZS, wide open there was no vignetting at all. But I'm not sure about edge sharpness ...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I've tried DA70 on MZS, wide open there was no vignetting at all. But I'm not sure about edge sharpness ...
    Don't tell me you got CBA also.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Don't tell me you got CBA also.
    Nah, I'm done w/ that. Got a nice SuperPROGRAM already, that's all I want for a film camera

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse View Post
    Time to consider a Pentax LX?
    Cannot afford that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Kirin View Post
    Try using positive film. It has more resolution and sharpness than film. More importantly, the colour will not shift so soon as film.

Since you are using DA lens, why there was no vignetting? Could you have croped the photo which would result in further loss in resolution and details?
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by knyghtfall81 View Post
    As ppl said, DA40 and DA70 have no problem. Actually I think DA40 performs very good on film.
    DA21 cannot, I have to crop out the edge out the middle square area.

u may want to try the old man Super Takumar on velvia etc. you'll love it. If you can land yourself with some eastern germans lens, you'll love the color saturation too.

Quote Originally Posted by aosis View Post
    u may want to try the old man Super Takumar on velvia etc. you'll love it. If you can land yourself with some eastern germans lens, you'll love the color saturation too.
    I used to have many M42 lens, takumar, CZJ, etc. But I sold them all already

Just for some causal film shots, I m not sure if it's worth to buy some back.

Nevertheless, I do have a S-M-C takumar 35/3.5 and a Exaktar 35/2.8 in hand, I tried the S-M-C takumar 35/3.5 with Kodak Portra 400vc last Sat. Will see the results soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12