Thread: Recommended SD card for LX-2

Default Recommended SD card for LX-2

i bought my lx-2 few months ago and was using my old 1GB SD card. It was able to take photos and record few secs of video.

i realised that with playback , my pictures were showing very slowly (there is a lag when i scroll between pictures)

For video taking , it stops after a few secs and says i need to get a higher speed sd card.

any SD card recommended on the market ? i wanna get one during the coming PC show.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item..._Card_8GB.aspx

will this be sufficient? its a class 2 speed sd card

Many thanks in advance
    Run and Gun All for Fun!
    Nikon D90/ Tokina 11-16mm / Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Default Re: Recommended SD card for LX-2

Well I'm using Toshiba's 2 Gb SD card and find no problem while doing playback with my picture and recording movie. It's just normally functioning even i fill up my SD until 11 Mb left for free.

I've been using this SD card since i bought my LX-2 on April 2007. I's not too expensive also..
    I'm just learning something that i don't even know....

Perhaps get a Extreme II SD card is better since it's quite cheap now.
    Let's get rolling :)

I just saw it selling at Cybermind (Funan and SLS) Lexar 8GB for around $57-$60.

Question Re: Recommended SD card for LX-2

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I just saw it selling at Cybermind (Funan and SLS) Lexar 8GB for around $57-$60.
    So is the fastest SD card in the market now the Sandisk Extreme III? How much is their 4GB and 8GB variant going for approximately?

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    So is the fastest SD card in the market now the Sandisk Extreme III? How much is their 4GB and 8GB variant going for approximately?
    Hmm.......not to sure but definately much more expensive than what I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    CP quoted me $100 for Extreme III 8gb & $75 for Ultra II (inclusive of gst).