Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Attempt on portrait

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Attempt on portrait

    hello everyone.
    i'm new in photography.
    i really need comment&critiques.
    thank you!

    This picture is titled LOVE.
    i'm trying to show the lovingness between the two siblings.
    Its basically my first few attempts doing portrait.

    I need some comments on my composition, lighting and focusing.
    Also, i wanna know if the picture gives a natural feel.
    or anything that can improve this picture.

    Last edited by larryboi; 1st June 2008 at 01:17 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    If you do not crop the pics to 1/2 it might work. And pls follow the rules and regulations.
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by nigel84 View Post
    If you do not crop the pics to 1/2 it might work. And pls follow the rules and regulations.
    sorry bro. editted already. =)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    I like how the lean of the girl makes a nice triangular slope and places both subjects at a point to follow the rule of thirds. The boy's expression looks kinda uneasy but i guess with ids its kinda hard to get them to cooperate hehe.. A few small things would be the chopping off of the girl's hand and the lack of catch lights in the eyes. Other than that its a good start
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    I like how the lean of the girl makes a nice triangular slope and places both subjects at a point to follow the rule of thirds. The boy's expression looks kinda uneasy but i guess with ids its kinda hard to get them to cooperate hehe.. A few small things would be the chopping off of the girl's hand and the lack of catch lights in the eyes. Other than that its a good start
    Thank you! i kind of dont understand that part saying the lack of catch lights in the eyes.
    how do i do that?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Catchlights are the "sparkles" you see in people's eyes sometimes. They are caused by the surface of the eye reflecting a bright lightsource or similar.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by peapilot View Post
    Catchlights are the "sparkles" you see in people's eyes sometimes. They are caused by the surface of the eye reflecting a bright lightsource or similar.
    Thank you for explaining!
    Any idea how to achieve that if i am point the flash on the ceiling?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Use a white card.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by dzignous View Post
    Use a white card.
    sorry i dont really understand you.
    could u explain further.
    where do i place the white card?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by larryboi View Post
    sorry i dont really understand you.
    could u explain further.
    where do i place the white card?
    Something like this


  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Attempt on portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by bangkuangz View Post
    Something like this

    OH! thank you so much! hahah!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •