View Poll Results: When somebody posts and often asked question about lenses/cameras what would you do?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't bother with the thread. I've seen enough and said enough.

33 24.26%
  • Help him along. He's probably new or just wants fresh opinions.

62 45.59%
  • Screw the bugger! He should read up more before asking questions or at least ask in an old thread!

11 8.09%
  • Screw the fella in Option 3 that screwed the bugger! This is a forum to help right?

39 28.68%
  • I don't have so much time to do stupid polls like this. (How ironic then! Haha! )

15 11.03%
  • Others.

14 10.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Screw the Newbie/Pointless-Question-Asker

Default Re: Screw the Newbie/Pointless-Question-Asker

nevertheless, you are still our famous, one and only ClubSnap inhouse lawyer.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

Hehehe, sorry, I didn't give you enough credit when it was due :P I thought you really anyhow whack one hahaah

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I know lar, you think I so dumb one meh? why show you Freddy Krueger's photo and not Darth Vader photo? drawing cartoon figure don't need to draw their intestine one lar

vince123123
    Guests

shhh ooi can't say that taboo word here!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    nevertheless, you are still our famous, one and only ClubSnap inhouse lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    If a person do not wish to 'Spoon Feed' or answer 'Pointless Question'....... Why post a reply at the 1st place ?? Why not just ignore the thread. Does it make your day just to post some 'nasty' or 'rude' remark ??

If the Newbie post such question outside the 'NEWBIE SECTION'..... then he is asking for it. But if the question is post inside the 'NEWBIE SECTION', then whats wrong with that ?? Don't feel like answering, don't feel like 'Spoon feeding'.... just ignore the thread. Let those who wants to help, helps.

If not, why does ClubSNAP have a 'NEWBIE SECTION' in the 1st place.....
    Totally agree with you, just ignore will be a good choice if one doesn't intend to help. Probably those who post "nasty" or "rude" remarks are tired of Kopitiam,WTS/WTB....sections.

Question Re: Screw the Newbie/Pointless-Question-Asker

Why, oh why, do "they" call it a lens?

Quote Originally Posted by 01dsk001 View Post
    Why, oh why, do "they" call it a lens?

Buy a good len, then you can use faster shuttle speed.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

there is nothing new under the sun, which questions in the world have not been asked before?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    there is nothing new under the sun, which questions in the world have not been asked before?
    The Question to Life, the Universe and Everything.

Oh wait a sec, Deep Thought has already got that one figured out.

42!

"A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer".

Quote Originally Posted by LuCiDaAl View Post
    "A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer".
    Who then, is the real fool?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjinnete Ross View Post
    One who never asks questions and the one who has the "know all" attitude. One who blasts his/her temper or unable to control their emotion in public !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    One who blasts his/her temper or unable to control their emotion in public !
    This is highly subjective and also based on cultural background. Behavior that appears rude or uncontrolled to you might be normal for other cultures. Therefore, taking your standard as being valid always and everywhere will make you the fool.
    A fool for me is a person who just brings up questions without thinking, without considering what was already said and written. Coming back to the context of this thread it means that people should read more in the various sections of the forum before they post their questions. The question then should give clear information about what the person has done already (reading, searching, comparing, trying settings etc.). The more information are given the better (and more useful) the answers will be. And sometimes... in the process of gathering information to post a good question the answer might appear

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    This is highly subjective and also based on cultural background. Behavior that appears rude or uncontrolled to you might be normal for other cultures. Therefore, taking your standard as being valid always and everywhere will make you the fool.
    A fool for me is a person who just brings up questions without thinking, without considering what was already said and written. Coming back to the context of this thread it means that people should read more in the various sections of the forum before they post their questions. The question then should give clear information about what the person has done already (reading, searching, comparing, trying settings etc.). The more information are given the better (and more useful) the answers will be. And sometimes... in the process of gathering information to post a good question the answer might appear
    Very true, some people are brought up in environment where "rudeness" or display of temper maybe a norm and would not perceive it to be negative. Just reminded me of tribes that ate their dead parents out of filial piety to prevent bodies from rotting. See you point here

Let be gracious to each other. Everyone starts off as a newbie. Screw and you will be screwed

There is no pre-requisite for that when a newbie joins the forum. I do not remember reading that in any terms and conditions. Now if you expect people to do such, that will be a personal expectation. There is no fault with that. but how is one going to behave when the expectation is not reached.

So is it acceptable in Singapore's context.

Ryan

very much depend on my mood on whether to help and answer or not
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Blog Entries

may i remind newbie and oldbie to re read the CS terms of use

to guide you in your postings

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    The Question to Life, the Universe and Everything.

Oh wait a sec, Deep Thought has already got that one figured out.

42!
    I thought question to life, how universe come about has always been a question most people have been pondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjinnete Ross View Post
    "Who is the more foolish? The fool or the one that follows him?"

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

"These aren't the droids we're looking for...."

I thought question to life, how universe come about has always been a question most people have been pondering?
    Thats what Deep Thought was built for! To find the answer to life, the universe and everything! But the darn computer came up with the answer 42!

And it had the nerves to tell us that we haven't been asking the right question! Tsk... Tsk... Now we gotta build a computer to find the right question to ask Deep Thought... Sheesh!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast