Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First touch with a DSLR

Default Re: First touch with a DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Did you juz come from the "screw you newbie" thread? aiyo dun be so harsh la, first time using a DSLR mah.

ok la, i get ur main pt la, erm greasy? does water droplets count? been to the merlion place then tiny water droplets got onto the lens(wind sibeh strong la) n i actually forgot to clean off, only realised it the next day then got some water stain on it. but it have since been cleaned off.
    Nope, never posted in that thread.

I mean, think about it... Do you think we're all so free that we can go through 70+ pictures??

Pick the 5 you think are best and only post those. And yes, it could be from salt spray. Try to be more aware of things like water spray, as the pretty much ruined most of your shots.
    Alpha

Default Re: First touch with a DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    got the sys i wanted non-canon that is.
    image parameters is the colour settings in your cam program (should be in the cam manual).
    do correct me if i wrong cos i remembered reading in dpreview that 350d have this program selection so presume that program wise 450d also similar.
    exposure setting is another separate function in the cam.
    eh, nt too sure, but will go through the manual once again to see(prehaps i missed out on it)

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Don't post up photos if you don't reckon you can take all forms of criticism, harsh or otherwise. Rashkae may be harsh, but I feel his comments do have an element of truth.

I feel this is a ridiculous amount of photos for critique, but generally, most of what the other posters have said are all relevant. Soft, either due to bad focusing or simply handshake, underexposed, and lacking a strong subject of focus. In simple terms, very snap-shot-ish.

Sorry if I sound blunt, but you have to be prepared for blunt comments if you want to learn; not everyone will flower their advice and critique nicely for you.
    erm, alright... will think abt what u say... i know u mean well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Nope, never posted in that thread.

I mean, think about it... Do you think we're all so free that we can go through 70+ pictures??

Pick the 5 you think are best and only post those. And yes, it could be from salt spray. Try to be more aware of things like water spray, as the pretty much ruined most of your shots.
    alright, pt noted. haha, asked u that qn coz jus read finish the screw newbie thread(from top to bottom)(btw, got time can go read oso, if u read from top to bottom, at times quite hilarious). then ur posting suddenly reminds me of that thread. no harm meant.

erm yea, will only take max 10shots to post aft being shoot by calebk. haha. jkjk. salt spray! interesting terminology. haha. at least learnt smth new! ok will take note in the future. thx anyway. and if u r offended by my previous reply in anyway, sorry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234