Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find good Yau Char Kway (aka Yau Tiew) stalls in Singapore?

Default Re: Where can I find good Yau Char Kway (aka Yau Tiew) stalls in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    aiya, old liao. read oso read wrongly.

oni know how to eat...
    ha ha ha..... for a minute i thought i was blind. i have been to the hawker centre near harbourfront before but so far never remember seeing such stall or such long queue before.

Arrow Re: Where can I find good Yau Char Kway (aka Yau Tiew) stalls in Singapore?

Looks like someone has been reading the Malaysia The Star newspaper.

Default Re: Where can I find good Yau Char Kway (aka Yau Tiew) stalls in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    bro, come down to KL lah. got nice ones here...
    which part of kl? i heard that jalan alor (somewhere near bukit bintang plaza) has one very good one. is it?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    anyone tried the one in AMK market, the newly renovated food centre near to AMK Hub.

i used to eat the one in the food centre somewhere aroung AMK Ave 4 but now that it has been closed down for renovation, i am sourcing for the next best place for my favourite breakfast hunt.
    for those who know about the stall i was talking about, i heard that it has moved to a coffeeshop in block 108 of ave 4.

i'll be making a trip there to check it out tomorrow. if i am able to find the place, i'll update the rest here.

Rochor! somewhere opp parklane, the tau huay and you tiao are fantastic! Great if u like crispy-on-outside and fluffy-inside kind

Blk 1 Joo Seng Road. Open from 10pm - morning. Satisfy your late night cravings

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    for those who know about the stall i was talking about, i heard that it has moved to a coffeeshop in block 108 of ave 4.

i'll be making a trip there to check it out tomorrow. if i am able to find the place, i'll update the rest here.
    Ok, confirmed. It has been relocated to Block 108, AMK Ave 4. But it is selling like hot cakes. I was there yesterday (Saturday) at about 11am but was told they have finished selling for the day. The lady told me that normally they finish at about 1pm but yesterday saw lots of customers. Hmmm..... I wonder which day they don't see many customers?

Anyway, I'll make another visit to the stall another day.

Thank you all who have suggested/contributed on the various locations in Singapore (not forgetting bro mohgui with his suggestion of places in KL. Perhaps we should organise a "Yau Char Kway" hunting trip to KL and meet up with bro mohgui and ask him to bring us to the location, huh? ). I have compiled a list of them all. Shall make it a point to drop by each and every one of them to give it a try.

Bukit Merah central food Centre recommended, by feetless

Yu Tiao Wang, Lorong 27A, recommended by khtee and Splutter

KL, recommended by mohgui

Taiwanese Yau Char Kway, Blk 233, at corner of coffee shop at Yishun, recommended by reachme2003

Telok Blangah Heights Food Centre, recommended by Galdor

Food Republic, Vivo City, recommended by Lynnesaur

Redhill hawker centre opposite the mrt station, recommended by jfoo

Rochor, somewhere opp Parklane, the tau huay and you tiao are fantastic! Great if u like crispy-on-outside and fluffy-inside kind, recommended by meanmin

Blk 1 Joo Seng Road, from 10pm - morning, recommended by sanguine
    Last edited by wee_ly; 1st June 2008 at 02:46 PM.

dou jiang you tiao... ooooomph!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrchua View Post
    dou jiang you tiao... ooooomph!!!!!
    bro, where is this shop lacated? can share with us, please?

thanks

There is one on Short Street, a short distance away from Selegie Rd. From Paradiz Center, walk *away* from Nat'l Museum to the first junction you get to. It's a four-way intersection; the idea is to get diagonally across from where you are (end of Paradiz Centre stretch), then continue walking abit. It's the first Tau Huay shop you see.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    There is one on Short Street, a short distance away from Selegie Rd. From Paradiz Center, walk *away* from Nat'l Museum to the first junction you get to. It's a four-way intersection; the idea is to get diagonally across from where you are (end of Paradiz Centre stretch), then continue walking abit. It's the first Tau Huay shop you see.
    Yes, I agree. I have been to that one and it was good. I heard that the owner's brother runs a similar business in Geylang. That was what I overheard when I was busy enjoying the yau char kway in the shop the other day. Where is this brother's shop in Geylang? I don't know. Any idea, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Yes bro. It's opposite the bus interchange. There is one at Telok Blangah Heights Food Centre too.
    Bro, I was at the food court opposite to the bus interchange just now. No lah, I went round and coundn't find such stall. Did I visit the right food court? It is the one next to the NTUC, right?

vince123123
    Guests

Clementi Central Hawker Centre, very fresh and tasty.

Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Blk210 Hawker Centre
    cheap(40cents per piece) & good
    always long queue as people always mass order

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yes yes this one's good!

used to buy it when i'm studying @ SP
    My flickr! Album - Sony a6000 (CZ 24-70) / CZ 85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/montoyasg/

updated the list

Taiwanese Yau Char Kway, Blk 233, at corner of coffee shop at Yishun, recommended by reachme2003

Rochor, somewhere opp Parklane, the tau huay and you tiao are fantastic! Great if u like crispy-on-outside and fluffy-inside kind, recommended by meanmin

Clementi Central Hawker Centre, recommended by vince123123 and agreed by calebk and MontoyaSG.

Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Blk210 Hawker Centre, cheap(40cents per piece) & good, recommended by soulxion

was about to say that too. goes well with pork porridge at the other end.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaSG View Post
    used to buy it when i'm studying @ SP
    Sorry, sidetrack a little.

Montoya, based on your nick, are you still into F1? If you are, look at this thread, especially post # 8, 9, and 38.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379669

updated the list

Clementi Central Hawker Centre, recommended by vince123123 and agreed by calebk, MontoyaSG, and dessinkee. sounds like a die die must try stall

Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Blk210 Hawker Centre, cheap(40cents per piece) & good, recommended by soulxion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast