Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1041

Thread: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

  1. #961
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    dun force me to chut power...
    Okie lah....forgive me the holy one.
    BTW, what is the overall sum PhotoAid had gathered for the Victims?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  2. #962
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    mai geh geh come here chiong post hor...
    i was thinking about that too.... i think once the last weekend's 4D results open liao can move back to kpt liao
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #963
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,481

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    =

  4. #964
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i was thinking about that too.... i think once the last weekend's 4D results open liao can move back to kpt liao
    I though opened liao?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  5. #965
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Well it is not that big lah by majority's status. The factor that your site I take it is more photo and graphic base then text base...actually I am surprise it has not balloon beyond that yet leh.
    in terms of sg and more developed countries 5mb is "ok" but there are still many in the world still dialing in with 56K like parts of china and m'sia. Also, flash is not available by default and there are ppl who refuse to install flash.

    Although flash offer great visual contents, it has zero content meaning to search engines and thus it is highly unlikely that people will visit your site by thru search engines, which means a lesser reach. It's usually better to do a text based equivalent as a fall back for ppl with slow net connection, no flash or are bandwidth clocked. Just part of good web design to make the web a better place to surf in.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #966
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    I though opened liao?
    open liao? damn.. got to track back so many pages.. can anyone update me on the latest amount?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #967
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    in terms of sg and more developed countries 5mb is "ok" but there are still many in the world still dialing in with 56K like parts of china and m'sia. Also, flash is not available by default and there are ppl who refuse to install flash.

    Although flash offer great visual contents, it has zero content meaning to search engines and thus it is highly unlikely that people will visit your site by thru search engines, which means a lesser reach. It's usually better to do a text based equivalent as a fall back for ppl with slow net connection, no flash or are bandwidth clocked. Just part of good web design to make the web a better place to surf in.
    tats y got HTML & FLASH wat... best of both world...

    actually the worse is use jpg poster... 0 search hits, only search file header...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #968
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by vivian View Post
    hehehehe...kidding lar, your animated gif quite creative also
    I know inside you thinking damned noob right?
    I promise I wun tell wai.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  9. #969
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    open liao? damn.. got to track back so many pages.. can anyone update me on the latest amount?
    tat kuku lah, previous week one he thought tis week... yesterday monday only leh..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #970
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    jpg can contain useful tags for search engines too.. but if the site is only 1 jpg poster.. then..er... the designer must be damned lazy
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  11. #971

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post

    Although flash offer great visual contents, it has zero content meaning to search engines and thus it is highly unlikely that people will visit your site by thru search engines, which means a lesser reach. It's usually better to do a text based equivalent as a fall back for ppl with slow net connection, no flash or are bandwidth clocked. Just part of good web design to make the web a better place to surf in.

    Just add meta tags to the HTML placeholder for the Flash template.
    Alpha

  12. #972
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Alamak, just list down any place you feel is good lah, then we do a poll see where to go.

    This Saturday is OK for everyone?
    This Saturday I got wedding dinner shoot...

    Anyway, if this gathering is gonna be very large turnout, i suggest we do somewhere private but open lah , like picnic at east coast, merlion park (lol!!) etc.. no restaurant will be good enuf to hold such a large one..

    If is just a handful, any kopitiam will do i guess.. anyway, my fav hangout is Arab street ,quite central, lots of alleys to chill and smoke shisha...
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  13. #973
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Haha...I guess we all enjoyed ourselves there!!

    BTW, is the official word out yet on how much we managed to collect during the last weekend?

  14. #974
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    tat kuku lah, previous week one he thought tis week... yesterday monday only leh..
    that's what i tot.. made me track back like 5-6 pages just to be sure i didn't miss the 4 golden numbers
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  15. #975

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    I know inside you thinking damned noob right?
    I promise I wun tell wai.
    hmm...so early morning then I feel like "SLAP" you! Come come let me slap you!

  16. #976

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    This Saturday I got wedding dinner shoot...

    Anyway, if this gathering is gonna be very large turnout, i suggest we do somewhere private but open lah , like picnic at east coast, merlion park (lol!!) etc.. no restaurant will be good enuf to hold such a large one..

    If is just a handful, any kopitiam will do i guess.. anyway, my fav hangout is Arab street ,quite central, lots of alleys to chill and smoke shisha...
    Quite agree with razor, actually this sat I have to shoot another charity events for sichuan earthquarke people, so may not able to join also, but see how first lor

  17. #977

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    lets go to the Zoo! last time we went birdpark haha

  18. #978

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    A body of a man was found floating in the S'pore River near the Merlion, yesterday 1.20pm.

    http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_main....bdate=20080603

    tupi,are you still around? Or are you drown by too much LUB?

  19. #979
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by vivian View Post
    Quite agree with razor, actually this sat I have to shoot another charity events for sichuan earthquarke people, so may not able to join also, but see how first lor
    Oh? Good for you.

    I will be doing a concert shoot in the East this Saturday.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  20. #980
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXII: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Final Weekend.

    Wow... one nite only more then 10 pages!

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •