Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

Thread: John 3:16 @ Funan

  1. #41

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    seems like v good service infused into their line of business.
    Will check them out soon!

  2. #42
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Departed....
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    I believe the salesman meant no harm though TS disliked his tone. IMO, he was trying to help you save $$ with his honest opinion.Last year, i went to John to buy a B&W filter for my kit lens. Sam told me in a friendly manner that i should not waste $$ on a B&W cos my kit lens is not that expensive. A hoya is good enough for my kit lens n i should splurge on B&W when i buy an expensive lens in future. Well, i was surprised but pleased with his honesty so that 1st trip to John gave me a good impression of them.

  3. #43

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    As the saying goes - One man's meat is poison to another.

    Personally, i think the service is great too. Almost bought the 55-250mm EFS from them last Dec if not for the fact that i waited 2 hours and stock still havent arrived(they said 1 hr).

    But they recommended and let my try the sigma 70-300 i think
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  4. #44

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Yes, from me for John 3:16. The sales persons there never show face.

    I hate to go to the shop at second floor (shop name start with A). The same person ( the one bold headed) always show face. Very KNS.

  5. #45

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by khyou99 View Post
    Yes, from me for John 3:16. The sales persons there never show face.

    I hate to go to the shop at second floor (shop name start with A). The same person ( the one bold headed) always show face. Very KNS.
    Plus a certain brothers shop too...it's already known over at HWZ that the SLS branch cheat people only. I'll advise people to steer clear of the Funan branch too
    Last edited by eosdigital; 19th August 2008 at 09:50 PM.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  6. #46

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by tallguysg View Post
    Wanted to buy a lens hood for my canon kit lens the other day.
    Asked the guy at the counter and I got the following reply:-

    Your lens is not very good so don't bother, just use it as it is.
    The hood will cost $25 but we don't have it. if you want, we can get it.

    I was kind of shock as my friend intro me to this shop as he used to go there last time.

    Has the shop changed management or something?

    All i wanted was to buy a lens hood to block sun light and this is the type of reply i get. shss.

    Anyone know where I can get the lens hood for Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens ? been looking around but seems like it's out of stock.
    For this, if i were you, i will say a big "thank you" to him, because he was actually telling you the truth ... for this lens you do not really need a hood, IMHO.
    always the Light, .... always.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Yes, I really love the service there. So far I have not purchase anything from them, as I went there just to enquire the price of EFS 55-250 + hood for a friend, the guy (I don't know his name) gave advices and even cracked some jokes, even though knowing that I was there with no intention of buying yet.

    But I'll definitely be going there for my future purchases!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    But all is not a bed of roses....

    In every shop, there will be its moments where the situation has gotten too out of control that might cause you to go to another shop permanently.

    However, if you're in a small kampung and there is only one or two suppliers then you're just boh bian but to take the situation as it comes and just bare with it.

  9. #49

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    hmm think the TS probably mis-interpreted what the sales was telling him. perhaps was trying to help him save a little.

    the attitude of the staff at John is thumbs up . i drop by every week to see see look look.
    haa one of my fav staff there is Samuel, who will give u give free cameras all the time. "bro, this camera is free. but ya sd card will cost u 650". funny guy.

    haha now he tempting me and my colleague to whack a d700.
    You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

  10. #50

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by Junye View Post
    hmm think the TS probably mis-interpreted what the sales was telling him. perhaps was trying to help him save a little.

    the attitude of the staff at John is thumbs up . i drop by every week to see see look look.
    haa one of my fav staff there is Samuel, who will give u give free cameras all the time. "bro, this camera is free. but ya sd card will cost u 650". funny guy.

    haha now he tempting me and my colleague to whack a d700.


    didn't he tell you it's very cheap now?





















    only $2200

































    in two easy payments, payable today.

  11. #51

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    john 316 is a very good camera shop.. i like their services.

  12. #52

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Again, good service at John 3:16.

    Unfortunately, i could not buy from them since they did not accept Capitaland(Funan IT Mall's under it) Vouncher except for >$500. But what amazes me that Samuel(who attended to me) apologised sincerly to me for that and even bowed to me.

    And for god's sake, out of the several camera shops in Funan why does only TWO shops carry the B+W Filter? John 3:16 has stock but dont accept vounch, Alan Photo(ignoring the kns face man of course ) accept vouncher but no stock

    Even went to less-than-desirable shops like Song Brothers and Bally's but also dont have.
    Only carry Hoya.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Balestier
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    TS, John 3:16 is the best around singapore and not juz said by me as you can see...i give 2 thumbs up but would give more if i had more than 2 but still sometimes you should take things lightly and try to hear the things behind what dey said...juz my 2 cents
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

  14. #54
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    hood or no hood....

    my hoods still in the box.

  15. #55

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    hood or no hood....

    my hoods still in the box.
    Why didn't you use the hood?
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    samuels really friendly, and the best part is he remembers you.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Got my camera and len from them on 2 separate trips and have since recommended a few friends to them... They are really a nice group of pple... You really feel like you are part of them from the way they served you. But just have to be wary as they are very good salesman with the gift of gab. However you can trust them to give you good and honest advice. Also if you are too busy to use your camera, they are more than willingly to help you out...

    Even now when I go there, we still TCSS a bit even though I did not get anything.

    Other than John, think i will prefer Cathay at Pennisula Plaza. They are rather nice too. If there is anything I will pick will be that they do not accept credit card unless you are willingly to pay for the charges... imagine paying cash for a few Ks item... hahaha

  18. #58

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    samuels really friendly, and the best part is he remembers you.
    I will second that. Good honest shop. Never got "burned" there. Very trustworthy.

  19. #59

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by tallguysg View Post
    Wanted to buy a lens hood for my canon kit lens the other day.
    Asked the guy at the counter and I got the following reply:-

    Your lens is not very good so don't bother, just use it as it is.
    The hood will cost $25 but we don't have it. if you want, we can get it.

    I was kind of shock as my friend intro me to this shop as he used to go there last time.

    Has the shop changed management or something?

    All i wanted was to buy a lens hood to block sun light and this is the type of reply i get. shss.

    Anyone know where I can get the lens hood for Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens ? been looking around but seems like it's out of stock.
    maybe it's like you being botak, and you go to a shop, buying a comb.
    The shopkeeper tell you "don't bother, you don't need a comb"

  20. #60
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: John 3:16 @ Funan

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    maybe it's like you being botak, and you go to a shop, buying a comb.
    The shopkeeper tell you "don't bother, you don't need a comb"
    Actually it's more like going to cosmetics counter, and having the lady there tell you "you're ugly, cosmetics will not help you"

    I think the salesman could have phrased it better without hurting feelings. For example, he could have said "We don't have the hood, but I don't think it is really necessary for this lens anyway".

    I wonder what he would say if you're there to buy the 17-85mm instead of the hood.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •