Thread: Lambency Flash Diffuser users

Default Lambency Flash Diffuser users

hey guys, i'm intending on getting a Lambency Flash Diffuser , but have some queries.

Do you guys use it to point at the subject? or always have it pointing up?

Default Re: Lambency Flash Diffuser users

I read somewhere that it should be used pointing up. Actually it make sense to point up. Because the diffuser is quite big (and bulky), if you point towards the subject, it blocks the flash sensor (the portion that shoots out the red light).

I read somewhere that it should be used pointing up. Actually it make sense to point up. Because the diffuser is quite big (and bulky), if you point towards the subject, it blocks the flash sensor (the portion that shoots out the red light).

Depends. If in a room with low ceiling, point it up and bounce it off the ceiling. If ceiling is high, can point it at 45 deg or point it up without the dome. If outdoors, point it forward with the dome installed. No hard and fast rules. Experiment with it.

yup.. i got good results when the ceiling is high... then i use the diffuser w/o dome...
    Pentax K100D Super

hmm, when i point the flash up with the diffuser, there's light travelling front and bouncing off the ceiling right?

yup... so ur subject will nt really hv that shadows if juz purely bouncing off the ceiling...
    Pentax K100D Super

okie thanks! i'll make the purchase =)