Thread: Cost of pumping petro around the world at today's oil price $135

Default Cost of pumping petro around the world at today's oil price $135

Countries that subsidises oil: Venuzela US$0.12 per gallon (ie you fill up HondA CRX at US$5) cheapest in world, Arabia 0.44, Indon 2.50, M'sia 3.07.

European countries: ranges from 7.88 in Germany to 8.73 in Norway

Singapore is roughly US$5.80 per gallon

USA is $3.45 to 4.00

Default Re: Cost of pumping petro around the world at today's oil price $135

Oil price going to $500 in next 4 years aCCORDIng to Simmons & co, a Houston-based bank.

Goldman Sachs said $200 in 2008.

Some pessimists (minority camp) said US$80.

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post
    Countries that subsidises oil: Venuzela US$0.12 per gallon (ie you fill up HondA CRX at US$5) cheapest in world, Arabia 0.44, Indon 2.50, M'sia 3.07.

European countries: ranges from 7.88 in Germany to 8.73 in Norway

Singapore is roughly US$5.80 per gallon

USA is $3.45 to 4.00
    So, what do you suggest?

switch to ethanol and used cooking oil (best kept secret that the big oil ****ers dun want you to know about.)

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    switch to ethanol and used cooking oil (best kept secret that the big oil ****ers dun want you to know about.)
    u used it in your car?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u used it in your car?
    not pure ethanol but used cooking oil (after its been strained for residue) yes.

not pure ethanol but used cooking oil (after its been strained for residue) yes.
    Guess it must be smelling like 'moving fryer'. Soon, we find Spore street smell like KFC, Fish & Chips and Pisang Goreng flavour

now we have H2O car mah
    also something Hybrid Car, rite?

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    now we have H2O car mah
    also something Hybrid Car, rite?
    But LTA does not allow H2O cars. Can consider CNG ....anybody tried? Is it worth the higher cost of purchasing these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    Guess it must be smelling like 'moving fryer'. Soon, we find Spore street smell like KFC, Fish & Chips and Pisang Goreng flavour
    might not be such a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    But LTA does not allow H2O cars. Can consider CNG ....anybody tried? Is it worth the higher cost of purchasing these cars?
    CNG converted cars are cheaper than the petrol counterparts. Thats cos the government gives a 40% subsidy on one part of the car value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post
    CNG converted cars are cheaper than the petrol counterparts. Thats cos the government gives a 40% subsidy on one part of the car value.
    But it's pretty much offset by the lower OMV that your CNG car will take on.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    you'll be surprised. my exhaust DOES smell like an oily hawker centre

I'm trying to find "pure" goreng pisang oil..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler