Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments directed to models, why not.

Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    As far as I know he was deregistered because of his comments on your thread. What he did before under a different name is another story. Some people chose to sugar-coat their comments, he chose not to and he paid the consequence (if you call it that) by being 'deregistered'.

If this is the reason given, I think it's more unfair to him to be judged on what he did before. I dont know this guy and as I have said before, I dont agree with what he did, but I just dont agree with the mods either.
    I agree fully with Jix.

Is the moderator saying that making a comment along the terms of someone looking "aunty" is grounds for deregistration? (irregardless if it's the first offence or third)

I would like the moderator to clarify this, for all the debate that's going on in this thread, ultimately the moderator's actions are representative of what is acceptable in Clubsnap.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    "wa, this model looks very slutty" - you can say this if its rephrased to "wa, this model looks very slutty in this photo" - this is a true representation of your opinion and it will be up to you to later elaborate, justify it if people challenge your opinion. Although this isn't a real issue even without amendment.

"this model looks like a transvesite, are you sure she's female?" - only the first part of the comment is acceptable. "are you sure she's female" has nothing to do with the photograph and is now casting aspersions on the model, and not how she looks in the photograph.

"this model looks like a prostitute i saw in geylang the other day, are you sure she's not a prostitute?" - same as for the 2nd statement, the second half has nothing to do with how she looks in the phtoograph. As for the earlier statement, that should be okay provided you can show a photograph of the prostitute you saw in Geylang for comparison. It is the same as saying "Hey this model looks like Lin Chi Lin (the model)" or the like.

However, without further substantiation, the comment only serves to say "Hey she could be a prostitute" and has nothing to do with how the model looks in photograph, or hte photograph itself, and provides grounds for a possible defamatory comment.

Hence, your analogies or attempts to bait DP are all off the mark.
    agreed, its totally the apples and oranges arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    Is the moderator saying that making a comment along the terms of someone looking "aunty" is grounds for deregistration? (irregardless if it's the first offence or third)

I would like the moderator to clarify this, for all the debate that's going on in this thread, ultimately the moderator's actions are representative of what is acceptable in Clubsnap.
    +1

I do agree that the "aunty" comment is inappropriate.

But look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Alright if that's the case then why are we all engaging MUA,hairstylist to enhance the make up since we are only suppose to comment on the artisit point of view and not the subject itself?
    You mate,are the one missing the entire point.
    yamapi did attempt to explain that his comment is nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Im not sure how my statement can be misleading. As far as I know he was deregistered because of his comments on your thread. What he did before under a different name is another story. Some people chose to sugar-coat their comments, he chose not to and he paid the consequence (if you call it that) by being 'deregistered'.

If this is the reason given, I think it's more unfair to him to be judged on what he did before. I dont know this guy and as I have said before, I dont agree with what he did, but I just dont agree with the mods either.
    Agreed.

And I think people are delving too deep into this issue. The bottom line is the guy said a woman in a picture looks like an aunty, and he gets deregistered. I mean, seriously, isn't that overkill?

In that case, you guys better not call me uncle. I'm going to consider that a personal attack and will get you de-registered.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    IMO, this statement is rather misleading and unfair to the Mods .....

This is the reason from the MOd >>>

This was her reply (obviously she treated that as a personal attack )

You have quoted out of context.

I feel the initial statement by yamapi has been twisted out of context by the initial knee jerk reaction. Let's not forget that you too called him a complete numbskull in your retort. I've seen another post where you chided someone for being "retard" (it should be retarded) too. No knee jerk reaction there.

Aunty versus complete numbskull and retard...hmm
    Tit for tat? I don't know. I just don't agree with putting words in someone else's mouth.

Let's see what the model has to say about the whole affair.

Originally Posted by xiaotinggg
    well, i didnt expect some of the photos to trigger off a netive comment, and a fierce dispute after which turns into an disscussion which everyone is activly participating.

Firstly, i thik since i has neevr objected to canoised in posting up my photos in Cs for comments and such, i am in a very willing position, of course to accept any comment, despite positive or negative

and being known to me, yamapi is infamous for his lack sensitiviy and the knack of speaking his feelings ( with or without thinking )
    maybe it feels like an embarrassing truth to me, but when i look at the photos, sure and behold i dont look like 17 years old, isn't it?
    and i think he commented that in the first place because he knows my age, and hence, result in the "aunty" impression.

As most of the model here have an account, i think its still alright to comment on the model's post/ makeup so they cn furthur improve
    UNLESS the photographer disallow it, which he has the responsiblity to clarify in the first place .
    1. The model has agreed with yamapi that she looks much departed from her actual age.
    2. She has relieved Canonised of his self imposed duty to "protect" her because he has not said that others could not comment on the model otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Friend, do not try to start a trolling bait here ....
    The TS has mentioned that in his first sentence and the discussion is of a general nature. Just move on ......
    Once again, action has been taken (whether fair or unfair is up to the individual to decide). The purpose of this thread is not for yamapi's saga even though it might have inspired it (the other thread is still open for that), but a general discussion at large about commenting on models. We have heard from one of the models her take on this.

I do not see the need to bring up yamapi's case anymore. Let's not OT anymore and move on. We had a pretty intellectual discussion going on here so let's stay focused shall we?
    Last edited by peapilot; 30th May 2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

On reading the later posts I'd like to amend my previous reply by adding that it would probably serve us good if the mods could give their take on this issue. Since the deregisteration of yamapi's account might have a chilling effect on the community at large.

I am however, still against digging it up for the sake of thinly veiled personal vendettas. (my personal opinion of course :P)
    Last edited by peapilot; 30th May 2008 at 12:23 PM.

I like to wish everyone here a happy weekend!

TGIF!

(irregardless if it's the first offence or third).
    regardless not irregardless

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I like to wish everyone here a happy weekend!
    wise uncle staying away from the children playground ah,

yup happy dubby weekend.
    save some energy and make my way to photoAid.

Blog Entries

I agree fully with Jix.

A decision is made and explanation is made on that thread, that's final. There is no need for me nor any moderators to answer to you.

Stick to the topic and do not attempt to make it into another moderators bashing thread.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 30th May 2008 at 01:01 PM.

Next time we should comment like this:

Pls PM me if you are open to negative comment on the model herself.

Maybe P&P shd not allow ppl to comment negative, only comments like good work, xmm very nice, very nice shot.

Then all can improve and learn from each other in good comments, negatives comments on pics, models, skills etc are not relevant and allowed. No more wars with words. No more deregistered.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Maybe P&P shd not allow ppl to comment negative, only comments like good work, xmm very nice, very nice shot.

Then all can improve and learn from each other in good comments, negatives comments on pics, models, skills etc are not relevant and allowed. No more wars with words. No more deregistered.
    I can't tell if you're for real or not.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Cannot tell??????
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Cannot tell??????
    Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's being sarcastic or not over the internet.

Because I've come across so many occasions where someone could actually be for real when it comes to saying stupid things.

But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt this time round, .

Will a member be praised if he comments:

Wow really good skills, this Aunty looks like XMM thru ur lens.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    He is as real as the auntie inside the viewfinder.

Will a member be praised if he comments:

Wow really good skills, this Aunty looks like XMM thru ur lens.
    I'll book him to do my portraits.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast