Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 358

Thread: Comments directed to models, why not.

  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Do you want see CS become a lousy photography forum when many of the better photogarpher refuse to post here because they felt it is an insult to them to post side by side with a lousy snap shot.


    I think it already happened. Many had stopped posting good photos here. Its sad but true. Why would a good photographer post their photos here in the 1st place?

  2. #302

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I think it already happened. Many had stopped posting good photos here. Its sad but true. Why would a good photographer post their photos here in the 1st place?
    I think the problem is the indiscriminate praises that were showered onto some absolutely CMI pictures of so call models that set the tone, and standard of this forum.

    These CMI pictures can be results of bad photography, substandard modeling, or most likely the case, a combination of both.

    The only way to change this is to give honest comments. If the pictures are bad, for whatever reason, the comments should reflect them, not sugar coating the problems, even if it's totally the fault of the subject.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  3. #303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I think the problem is the indiscriminate praises that were showered onto some absolutely CMI pictures of so call models that set the tone, and standard of this forum.

    These CMI pictures can be results of bad photography, substandard modeling, or most likely the case, a combination of both.

    The only way to change this is to give honest comments. If the pictures are bad, for whatever reason, the comments should reflect them, not sugar coating the problems, even if it's totally the fault of the subject.

    yes, upz for that

    being politically correct doesn't leave much room for honestly (and sometimes brutal) criticism

    Perhaps this is where the crux of the issues lies: not 'XMMs' or 'GWCs' ( we don't have a right to stop them anyway) but the 'inaccurate' comments some of us may make.

  4. #304
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I think it already happened. Many had stopped posting good photos here. Its sad but true. Why would a good photographer post their photos here in the 1st place?
    Eh... beats me?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #305

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Eh... beats me?
    well.. its true.. did met some photog whose not keen to post.. they tell me " aiya post liao wait kena slamm ah" sa

  6. #306

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Eh... beats me?
    well.. its true.. did met some photog whose not keen to post.. they tell me " aiya post liao wait kena slamm ah" sad sad

  7. #307

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by tionghan View Post
    well.. its true.. did met some photog whose not keen to post.. they tell me " aiya post liao wait kena slamm ah" sad sad
    Skin too thin or not interested in improving skill?
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

  8. #308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Skin too thin or not interested in improving skill?
    the photographer's or model's?

  9. #309
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    the photographer's or model's?
    well i suppose its the former since you dont see model's posting in the portraits section. Its the photog's who post.

  10. #310

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    the photographer's or model's?
    Both I'd say. The photog may say "NO comments about the model!!!" because he's afraid she'll get upset.
    Alpha

  11. #311

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Both I'd say. The photog may say "NO comments about the model!!!" because he's afraid she'll get upset.
    Agree. There was once I commented on the model in the Portraits forum and she PM'ed me, asking me why I think she CMI. There was no disclaimer saying "No comments about the model" what.

    Photogs don't want their photos to get slammed, they get attached to the models so the photogs don't want their models to get slammed either, and the models get offended easily. In the end, cannot slam anything. Everything must be positive.

    Might as well take away the 'Submit Reply' button in the Portraits forum.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

  12. #312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Agree. There was once I commented on the model in the Portraits forum and she PM'ed me, asking me why I think she CMI. There was no disclaimer saying "No comments about the model" what.

    Photogs don't want their photos to get slammed, they get attached to the models so the photogs don't want their models to get slammed either, and the models get offended easily. In the end, cannot slam anything. Everything must be positive.

    Might as well take away the 'Submit Reply' button in the Portraits forum.
    actually if the model's prefer, just pixelate (remind anonimous to save face) their face so honest comments would be more welcomed?

  13. #313

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    actually if the model's prefer, just pixelate (remind anonimous to save face) their face so honest comments would be more welcomed?
    portraitures with pixelated face?

    that in itself is one reason to slam
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  14. #314

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    portraitures with pixelated face?

    that in itself is one reason to slam
    But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture. :P
    Alpha

  15. #315

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture. :P
    can't agree more!! this is getting bad, I am agreeing with others
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  16. #316

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    can't agree more!! this is getting bad, I am agreeing with others
    More rounds at the WNDC maybe?
    Alpha

  17. #317
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Might as well take away the 'Submit Reply' button in the Portraits forum.
    They should change the mode of reply.

    To reply, please choose the following option:
    A)
    B)
    C)
    D) All the above

  18. #318
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    They should change the mode of reply.

    To reply, please choose the following option:
    A)
    B)
    C)
    D) All the above
    hahaha nice one. There should be a E) Others: pls specify ___________ included.

  19. #319
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    They should change the mode of reply.

    To reply, please choose the following option:
    A)
    B)
    C)
    D) All the above
    You forgot the classic : Nosebleed...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  20. #320

    Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    But, for many of the models, might even be an improvement on the picture.
    There should be a special thread for DI Artists- a monthly DI Contest! Photographers must edit the models so that they look like beautiful women. The entry must include side-by-side photos of the Before and After. The winner does the most drastic transformation with the most beautiful results.

    But seriously, maybe photographers should pay more attention to teeth, eyelashes, make-up etc.? Even Xiaxue does that to her photos and she's pretty dang good at it too. The photogs around here should hire her to make the CMI XMMs look pretty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    They should change the mode of reply.

    To reply, please choose the following option:
    A)
    B)
    C)
    D) All the above
    Last edited by Triazolium; 19th June 2008 at 12:48 AM.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •