Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments directed to models, why not.

Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Nope.. not driving at further censorship, just share my tots on why I have reservations on complete removal of censorship, as some have suggested here..
    I tot the idea is quite idealistic but may have some practical issues ..
    I admit that I'm 'Lost'.

Exactly where does censorship exist here in CS, both 'officially' and 'unofficially'?

Edit: I'm not saying that it does or does not, but I'm more interested in finding out where and to what degrees, and the different 'interpretations' of which.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 7th June 2008 at 02:34 AM.

Ermmm.. I must admit that I am also a bit 'Lost'..

I cant remember who started the "censorship" term, guess it happens earlier in the thread but too lazy to dig thru 14 pages to find out.. my apology if I am wrong.

I think you are right, the correct term should not be "censorship" (not sure if this happens..) but rather, should there be any form of moderation being perform on comments directed to models, or so call elements inside a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I admit that I'm 'Lost'.

Exactly where does censorship exist here in CS, both 'officially' and 'unofficially'?

Edit: I'm not saying that it does or does not, but I'm more interested in finding out where and to what degrees, and the different 'interpretations' of which.
    Further note:
    Even in my pbase galleries, I will also need to clean up the comments now and then, not on critques, but on obscene remarks regarding some XXX ideas towards the models posted by fellas from all over the places.. this is my main worry towards removal of moderation on comments to photos.. perhaps I am a bit conservative, I dunno..
    Last edited by Kongo; 7th June 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    If a model looks old, why is the remark "old" sound acrid? You are too politically correct in your approach! And that is a compliment.
    haha, sorry for not being clear! the acrid comments aren't related to the 'old' person

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

i would suggest that you make more logic as well

movie critics do not make movies, food critics do not necessarily cook

by saying that only someone who has shot something can comment on that thing is ridiculous and ludicrous.

pat pat, i have taken photos of children and people as well, you need to spend more time looking through my gallery. and if you do not consider swans, squirrels and people living things, time to look up the scientific dictionary

i am glad that you do not comment on landscapes, but you do not have to enforce your own ridiculous brand of logic on me. are you saying now that people cannot comment on your maggi mee stunt unless they have done it too? oh dear, talk about your preaching of free speech.. double standards.. (once again)
    This isn't a photo critique thread. This is a thread about the finer details and motivations behind the act of photo critique relating to images involving models. It helps to have an understanding of the motivations and reasons behind the act of photographing humans.
    The ratio of the number of words you type in this thread compared to your experience with this area of work is disproportionate.

I'm only wondering why you have such a passionate involvement in this thread when this is not your area of expertise. Are you just interested in proving how smart you are or do you really passionately believe in what you are saying in this thread?

btw you might want to be more concise in your writing style instead of going on a longwinded rant each time. Stop turning each comment into a personal attack upon yourself, because it becomes filler in a discussion. I have to sift through mounds of your ranting just to see what other people's opinions are on such a matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    This isn't a photo critique thread. This is a thread about the finer details and motivations behind the act of photo critique relating to images involving models. It helps to have an understanding of the motivations and reasons behind the act of photographing humans.
    The ratio of the number of words you type in this thread compared to your experience with this area of work is disproportionate.

I'm only wondering why you have such a passionate involvement in this thread when this is not your area of expertise. Are you just interested in proving how smart you are or do you really passionately believe in what you are saying in this thread?

btw you might want to be more concise in your writing style instead of going on a longwinded rant each time. Stop turning each comment into a personal attack upon yourself, because it becomes filler in a discussion. I have to sift through mounds of your ranting just to see what other people's opinions are on such a matter.
    I think night86mare is a low-key auntie shooter leh.

He dare not post his auntie photos here for fear of ears being pulled by aunties.

Since this thread is directed to models, here's something they might find useful (or not, depending on how stupid they are):

This is an example of good false eyelashes:

This is an example of bad false eyelashes:

Sion, better be careful of commenting directly on someone. Some people are very sensitive leh. If he's a tattle-tale and runs to the mods, you're screwed. Sometimes, CS reminds me of primary school/elementary school.
    Last edited by Triazolium; 8th June 2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post

This is an example of bad false eyelashes:

I always wear #NTR12.

People say I look nicer with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I always wear #NTR12.

People say I look nicer with them.

You're a fool not to trust Triazolium, I get way more stares with the #NTR06
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by peapilot View Post
    You're a fool not to trust Triazolium, I get way more stares with the #NTR06
    Thanks, peapilot, but it's not so much a matter of trust as it is a matter of COMMON SENSE.

MODELS: When you put on fake eyelashes, CURL YOUR REAL EYELASHES. If you don't, you get something like "2-tier lashes", which is when your fake eyelashes curl up and your real lashes point straight out. You look really stupid like that.

More examples:

Goodfalse eyelashes:

Bad false eyelashes:

Last edited by Triazolium; 9th June 2008 at 01:43 AM.

Just look at the Portraits section... NTR12, 8 and 15 are bestsellers! :P
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Just look at the Portraits section... NTR12, 8 and 15 are bestsellers! :P
    I don't dare look anymore, lest I vomit all over my computer... though I'm more prone to anger than sickness, so I may well punch my computer screen out instead. Either way, looking at the Portraits section is bad for my health and my computer's health.
    Last edited by Triazolium; 9th June 2008 at 12:27 PM.

I don't dare look anymore, lest I vomit all over my computer... though I'm more prone to anger than sickness, so I may well punch my computer screen out instead. Either way, looking at the Portraits section is bad for my health and my computer's health.
    You and DeadPoet should hang out.
    Alpha

Either way, looking at the Portraits section is bad for my health and my computer's health.
    erm... was that an umbrella statement, or are you refering to the majority of the threads there?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    erm... was that an umbrella statement, or are you refering to the majority of the threads there?
    Seems to be getting rather common these days....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Seems to be getting rather common these days....
    yea, on second thought, i kinda agree

to think i'm actually doing my first attempt at portraiture this week...
    the pressure... =X
    Last edited by Daedalus Trent; 9th June 2008 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Actually, yeah... I try to avoid the Services Wanted/Offered forum too. Too many CMI "freelance models", girls with very little experience asking for paid shoots.

Actually, yeah... I try to avoid the Services Wanted/Offered forum too. Too many CMI "freelance models", girls with very little experience asking for paid shoots.
    This i cannot agree more.

What to do, those XMMs are already pampered by those GWCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    What to do, those XMMs are already pampered by those GWCs.
    GWCs and XMMs keep each other in business. I don't know what can be done that doesn't involve a sniper rifle.

GWCs and XMMs keep each other in business. I don't know what can be done that doesn't involve a sniper rifle.
    i've completely changed my standpoint
    you are deadpoet were so right

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast