Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments directed to models, why not.

Default Re: Comments directed to models, why not.

garou12 is gone.
    Alpha

Want to know and learn how COMMENTS ARE DIRECTED TO MODELS? Go and watch

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Broadcasting at CHANNEL 5, RIGHT NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    Want to know and learn how COMMENTS ARE DIRECTED TO MODELS? Go and watch

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Broadcasting at CHANNEL 5, RIGHT NOW!!!!
    those giving critiques got no mods above them to hand out yellow card / red card le. where got same & not all are from modelling industry to begin with...

.. its a lead for newbie critiques non-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    However, criticising a model for undesirable phenotypical traits? Unless one expects the model to undergo plastic surgery to fit your perception of 'beauty', such comments are neither necessary nor respectful. imho, people who make such meaningless comments echo sentiments of chauvinism or even fascism.

Wait, does this mean that ANY girl can become a "model"? After all, one photog's beauty is another photog's troll. My mother thinks I'm pretty, but that doesn't necessarily mean I should be on the cover of Vogue.
    Last edited by Triazolium; 6th June 2008 at 01:04 AM.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Wait, does this mean that ANY girl can become a "model"? After all, one photog's beauty is another photog's troll. My mother thinks I'm pretty, but that doesn't necessarily mean I should be on the cover of Vogue.
    good question, what do you mean by model? A supermodel? A fashion model? or a subject in a portrait shot. I'm sure you've seen photographs in the NatGeog magazine of rather...old women/men (wrinkled skin, baggy eyes, the works =X). Yet, the photograph portrays the emotions of that elderly person so vividly. I'm not alone if I were to comment that those photographs are beautiful.

But alas, you are right, beauty is subjective. But, in response to instances of extremely acrid remarks made regarding the physical features of models, I think the model can find out for himself/herself how she/he looks in the eyes of others.

good question, what do you mean by model? A supermodel? A fashion model? or a subject in a portrait shot. I'm sure you've seen photographs in the NatGeog magazine of rather...old women/men (wrinkled skin, baggy eyes, the works =X). Yet, the photograph portrays the emotions of that elderly person so vividly. I'm not alone if I were to comment that those photographs are beautiful.
    Obviously, there are certain CONTEXTS in which the model can be "criticized". National Geographic is context completely different from the one we are referring to in this thread. Ugh.

Like I've mentioned before, if the model's appearance serves the purpose of the photographer... if the photographer wants a below-standard model... then who am I to criticize... La la la la!

Employer - Employee

Interviewer - Interviewee

Photograher - Photographee Not everyone can be called a 'model'

Whatever it is, enjoy the weekend (one way is to stay away from this thread ), I know I will cos I'm off to Hong Kong to get my hands on the new HTC Diamond!! And then return to catch the opening Euro 2008 game.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Dear garou12,

I miss u from the bottom of my heart, as u are very humor indeed.
    I wish u all the best in another forum, and pls let me know where u are so that we can be humor together.

Regards
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

I also can be a model.

You know those slimming advertisements in the newspapers? I can be the "Before" model. Anyone wants to be the "After" model?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    I also can be a model.

You know those slimming advertisements in the newspapers? I can be the "Before" model. Anyone wants to be the "After" model?

Quote Originally Posted by Triazolium View Post
    Obviously, there are certain CONTEXTS in which the model can be "criticized". National Geographic is context completely different from the one we are referring to in this thread. Ugh.

Like I've mentioned before, if the model's appearance serves the purpose of the photographer... if the photographer wants a below-standard model... then who am I to criticize... La la la la!
    oh dear, i seem to be on a different wavelength

anyway, i guess criticism isn't a bad thing always.

But alas, you are right, beauty is subjective. But, in response to instances of extremely acrid remarks made regarding the physical features of models, I think the model can find out for himself/herself how she/he looks in the eyes of others.
    If a person does not want his or hers pictures to be commented on, then, he or she better make sure these pictures are kept private, and especially not posted on a photography forum.

If a model looks old, why is the remark "old" sound acrid? You are too politically correct in your approach! And that is a compliment.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

For the sake of mankind, please, those guilty ones out there, for the love of all STOP with the analogies. They are just so putrid, immature and does not serve to get the message across. Just makes things more confusing.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    nightmare, I don't understand why you are so vehemently speaking up on this topic
    the closest thing I see to you taking a picture relating to a living creature's beauty is this
    http://www.pbase.com/night86mare/image/80401774

I would suggest being more selective with your battles
    i would suggest that you make more logic as well

movie critics do not make movies, food critics do not necessarily cook

by saying that only someone who has shot something can comment on that thing is ridiculous and ludicrous.

pat pat, i have taken photos of children and people as well, you need to spend more time looking through my gallery. and if you do not consider swans, squirrels and people living things, time to look up the scientific dictionary

i am glad that you do not comment on landscapes, but you do not have to enforce your own ridiculous brand of logic on me. are you saying now that people cannot comment on your maggi mee stunt unless they have done it too? oh dear, talk about your preaching of free speech.. double standards.. (once again)
    Last edited by night86mare; 6th June 2008 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khtee View Post
    Who can remember GOLD 95 FM advertisement.... on the boy that plays tennis like Agassi?
    Ironically we have an almost similar situation here.... Nightmare seem like the father of the boy and the coach is DP.....
    you know , i will say here that i take more offense at this than garou12's comment about me looking like a very cute monkey that i shot.

for one thing, khtee has no bloody idea what he is talking about, i don't see a single linkage between his post and the exchange between me and dp..

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I just ran into another thread, said model, rather famous or infamous depending on which side of the aisle you are on, but that does not matter. What mattered is, in the picture, I saw the following - ridiculously long bbq skewer eye lashes that can kill, extra large iris enlarging contact lens that will make anime babe proud, fake nails with grotesque growth on top ... meanwhile the heavy make up was expertly done ...

this was very amusing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    garou12 is gone.
    Getting a little too touchy here isn't it??

Hmmmmm.. everyone better watch what they type in here next....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

I have faith in most of the participants here alright..

But I noticed that some over there at EDWM seems to pay quite a close attention to the models or event pics posted here and linked our pics there now & then.. maybe I am a bit pessimistic, but I tot if a fraction of them decided to gang up here they may well outnumbered us by a few folds..

For example, your sentosa bird shooting thread which is so hugely popular gather around 100+ replies and 8000+ views here in CS, that is already consider a huge number by CS standards. But one check at EDWM and there are actually quite a number of threads with more than 10,000+ replies and 100,000+ views..

I am worrying the CS community may kena stampede if the moderation is removed...

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I would like to think that there is a certain amount of community moderation within the community itself.
    You will see that people do speak up when they feel that certain comments are unhleahty for the direction of a discussion.
    Have a little faith in the general intelligence of the participants here yeah?
    The reason why EDWM is screwed up like that is because people have given up on saying anything worthwhile there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I have faith in most of the participants here alright..

But I noticed that some over there at EDWM seems to pay quite a close attention to the models or event pics posted here and linked our pics there now & then.. maybe I am a bit pessimistic, but I tot if a fraction of them decided to gang up here they may well outnumbered us by a few folds..

For example, your sentosa bird shooting thread which is so hugely popular gather around 100+ replies and 8000+ views here in CS, that is already consider a huge number by CS standards. But one check at EDWM and there are actually quite a number of threads with more than 10,000+ replies and 100,000+ views..

I am worrying the CS community may kena stampede if the moderation is removed...
    What you are driving at is further censorship? Worst, it's censorship that pertains to comments on pictures and elements inside the pictures.

IF HWZ failed, does it means CS needs to become thought police?

I am absolutely using extreme examples here, but then purely to counter irreverent comparisons.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Nope.. not driving at further censorship, just share my tots on why I have reservations on complete removal of censorship, as some have suggested here..
    I tot the idea is quite idealistic but may have some practical issues ..

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    What you are driving at is further censorship? Worst, it's censorship that pertains to comments on pictures and elements inside the pictures.

IF HWZ failed, does it means CS needs to become thought police?

I am absolutely using extreme examples here, but then purely to counter irreverent comparisons.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast