Thread: ideas to distinguish batteries??

Default ideas to distinguish batteries??

believe many of us would have many sets of similar rechargeable batteries (i have 4 sets) and it would make sense to always group them in sets (2 or 4) and charge/use the batteries in the same set.

the question is how do you distinguish between the different sets so that you would not mix them up (eg charge fully charged batteries or place flat batteries into the camera). even if you were to use battery cases, there is still a possiblity of mixing them up.

was thinking of using them colour stickers for calender, but i think that the charging process would be so hot that the stickers would melt.

any ideas?

I have battery cases...
    For me, the charged batts will be all facing 1 direction, meaning the positives are all at 1 direction.

As for the used-befores and flat batteries, two of them wil face one direction and two of them at another.

I just try to remember if the used batteries are flat or not.

Deregistered

simple. since most items use 4 batteries, step 1 is to put them into battery cases.

step 2. used batteries, i personally put them in a Up-Down-Up-Down arrangement. if charged and unused, i use an all-Up position.

simple, isn't it?

I group my batteries in sets of 4 and label each battery with a number or character using a marker. As for determining whether a battery is fully charged or depleted or semi depleted, I use a multimeter to check te voltage. Fully charged or highly charged NiMH are in excess of 1.3V. Depleted batteries are ~1.2V.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

yeah, I think battery case is one of the easier way to manage tons of batteries, cheap and good.

Unless u r comfortable with using coloured tapes to identify which is which. There are thermal colour tapes I think u can try.

Originally posted by AJ23
    yeah, I think battery case is one of the easier way to manage tons of batteries, cheap and good.

Unless u r comfortable with using coloured tapes to identify which is which. There are thermal colour tapes I think u can try.
    Where can we get these battery cases?

what i do is to place small stickers with numbers writtem on them to identify them as a set..
    you can write set numbers on the battery with a marker too if you want..

Deregistered

I have 3 sets of batteries for my camera and 2 sets for my flash.

So I label them in sets of 1, 2, 3 and F1, F2. When it's half used, or used, I will turn them until the number face downwards in their casings.

I try to use Set 1, 2, 3 in order, so I can easily charge those expended.

I label using stickers.