Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    still must play semis abit of waste time lei... should go straight to finals!
    Might as well give Man Utd the cup then!

Hunter claims United interest
    07/07/2008 09:33

SAF u heard that move in now man!
    Everytime news report the same thing but still no move from Fergie. Think he isn't Fergie's 1st choice.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Might as well give Man Utd the cup then!
    Not a bad idea give us the cup first the game will carry on but we will field our 2nd team for exposure!

Our ex old boy Andrew Cole joined Nottingham Forest from Sunderland.
    And Dwight Yorke remains on Sunderland for 1 more year.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Our ex old boy Andrew Cole joined Nottingham Forest from Sunderland.
    And Dwight Yorke remains on Sunderland for 1 more year.
    Talking about old boy this is what he says to Ron.

Cole: Ron, please stay
    08/07/2008 08:36

Former United striker Andrew Cole says he hopes Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Old Trafford… because he and his son love watching the wing wizard.

Cole, who spent six years at United, was unveiled on Monday as Nottingham Forest’s new signing.

Now 36, he is quoted in the Daily Mirror, saying: “Manchester United is my team. I’ve got my season tickets and my son loves to watch them.

“I want Ronaldo to stay because United are a special team and, as a season ticket holder, I want to still be watching him.

"If I can help Forest get a good result on the Saturday and then we go to watch Ronaldo on the Sunday, even better.”

Round up by Nick Coppack
    A true
    Last edited by melvin; 9th July 2008 at 03:43 PM.

wa...... looks like Andy Cole is still a Man Utd fan at heart.

Papers: Moyes eyes Fletch
    08/07/2008 08:29

Moyes In Bid For Fletch
    David Moyes is in talks with Manchester United aimed at tempting them to sell Darren Fletcher. The Everton boss is preparing an official £4million bid for the midfielder, who has come through the ranks at Old Trafford. Moyes wants to kick off his summer spending by signing Fletcher, who played a significant part in United claiming the Premier League crown last season. He sees Scotland international Fletcher as a major player in Everton’s bid to crack the top four after his team narrowly missed out on Champions League football to arch-rivals Liverpool. Fletcher, 24, will be reluctant to move away from the current European and domestic champions. But fellow Scot Moyes believes he can offer him a package to rival the £25,000-a-week he picks up at United.
    Pat Sheehan, The Sun

In other transfer news, Aston Villa are apparently weighing up a season-long loan move for United goalkeeper Ben Foster, while Real Madrid's Ramon Calderon insists the Reds should be 'happy and proud' to negotiate a deal to take Cristiano Ronaldo to Spain.

With widespread reports suggesting Carlos Queiroz will be named manager of the Portuguese national side, The Sun puts forward United skills coach Rene Meulensteen as a potential successor from within.

Round up by Steve Bartram
    Why would anyone want Fletcher?

Ando on Olympic duty
    08/07/2008 08:53

Anderson is set to miss the start of the new season after being named in Brazil's squad for the Beijing Olympics.

The United midfielder is part of an 18-man squad which travels to China, with the 16-team football event taking place between August 6-23.

Should Brazil make their expected progression through to the latter stages, that schedule could rule Anderson out of the Community Shield, as well as the Reds' opening two Premier League games against Newcastle and Portsmouth.

The 19-year-old midfielder, a revelation in his first season at Old Trafford, could return to the Reds' fold in time for the UEFA Super Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg on August 29.

Anderson is joined by Liverpool's Lucas Leiva and new Manchester City striker Jo in the 18-man party. Brazil have been drawn alongside China, New Zealand and Belgium in Group C.

dun think he will miss much of the EPL cos i dun see Brazil goin all the way although i support them!

lol Andy Cole still got buy season tickets? Tot he dun have time to watch at OT if he is playing pro football, esp when he was in the EPL.

Nevermind what Brazil does, just hope Anderson returns fit and ready for the EPL title defence.

lol Andy Cole still got buy season tickets? Tot he dun have time to watch at OT if he is playing pro football, esp when he was in the EPL.

Nevermind what Brazil does, just hope Anderson returns fit and ready for the EPL title defence.
    Provided all our games on sun then he play on sat go watch on sun! if not his son can go watch!

Yeah man as long as Anderson come back in 1 piece good enough! I think our main contenders will still be chelski n pool

Provided all our games on sun then he play on sat go watch on sun! if not his son can go watch!

Yeah man as long as Anderson come back in 1 piece good enough! I think our main contenders will still be chelski n pool
    Haha most games are on Sat but now that he has joined a Div 2 club, maybe he got more time on his hands.

Fergie still not buying anyone, no news. Think just get that Hunterlaar can liao la. Dun need to think so much!

Papers: Ronny weighs in
    11/07/2008 08:59

Ronaldo agrees with Blatter that he is ‘slave’
    Cristiano Ronaldo said yesterday that he agreed with controversial comments by Sepp Blatter after the Fifa president claimed that United were effectively indulging in "modern slavery" by refusing their Portuguese winger a transfer to Real Madrid.
    Blatter provoked a storm of criticism from all corners of professional football in the wake of his remarks regarding United's treatment of Ronaldo, who entered the row by saying: "I agree with the statement of the president, he is right."
    The most fierce attacks on Blatter were launched by black former professionals such as former Watford striker Luther Blissett and United defender Paul Parker, who deemed Blatter's comments grossly offensive to those who had suffered during the slave trade.
    Andrew Fifield, The Telegraph

Ronaldo’s comments dominate the column inches devoted to Manchester United today. Elsewhere in The Telegraph, a report claims a Labour Party fundraiser saw more people bid to have lunch with Sir Alex than play tennis with Tony Blair.

Meanwhile, The Mail claim first-team coach Mike Phelan is the popular choice from within Old Trafford to succeed Carlos Queiroz, if Sir Alex’s assistant leaves to take the Portugal job.

In The Times, Tony Cascarino says he almost fell off his chair when he heard Eric Cantona had been mooted as Carlos’ potential successor. Cascarino’s advice? “Cantona is a United legend and should remain that way by staying clear of the role.”

Round up by Nick Coppack

SLAVE? What kindof comment?

The Gaffer's greatest

For all Sir Alex Ferguson's stunning achievements at the Old Trafford helm, his greatest feat remains guiding Aberdeen to European glory.

That's according to Neil Simpson, one of the Dons side which stunned Real Madrid in the European Cup Winners' Cup final 25 years ago.

Sir Alex's triumphant side were dubbed the Gothenburg Greats after their victory in Sweden, and former midfielder Simpson still sees the success as a sporting miracle.

"There's no doubt that Sir Alex is the best Scottish manager ever," he said. "He's also the best Britain has produced, given the trophies he has won and the players he has brought to the peak of their powers.

"But I would have to say that Aberdeen winning a European trophy was a better achievement than Manchester United winning the Champions League.

"They are a world-famous club and massive, whereas we are a provincial side with a maximum attendance of 20,000. I think Sir Alex, himself, said that beating Real Madrid was a miracle."

Sir Alex takes his United side to Pittodrie on Saturday for a friendly to commemorate the 25th
    anniversary of Gothenburg, a gesture that Simpson sees as typical of the Reds' manager.

"It's great that he is coming back for our celebrations with the current champions of Europe but it's no surprise, given the quality of the man," he said.

"Sir Alex is a class act who inspires players at his club by demanding high standards in everything they do.

"He has run United the same way he ran Aberdeen in that, if those standards slip, someone will take your place. You need that ruthless approach to be a winner at the very top."

Papers: Ronny weighs in
    11/07/2008 08:59

SLAVE? What kindof comment?
    Yeah, dumb comments, just like UEFA pointed out that slaves all over the world dun earn any money. Ronaldo is paid millions a year. This kinda slavery a lot of ppl also want but dun have!

Ronaldo dun respect the contract he signed last year at all. Man Utd should just get rid of him.

Yeah, dumb comments, just like UEFA pointed out that slaves all over the world dun earn any money. Ronaldo is paid millions a year. This kinda slavery a lot of ppl also want but dun have!

Ronaldo dun respect the contract he signed last year at all. Man Utd should just get rid of him.
    Cant belief the top guy calling players slave! Best part is Ronaldo himself admitted to being a slave! SAF is Gonna blow his top!

carlos queiroz is gone
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7488580.stm

i'd say sell ronaldo and suck 60m pounds out of RM.
    hes not worth keeping.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

seems like the whole world is siding real madrid huh?
    if i am SAF i will let Ronaldo rot on the bench.
    real madrid sucks nowadays y yearn to go there
    bh , zidane , figo, raul , ronaldo .. all of them lost form after joining them
    they are not invincible.yes they have great european record but in sixties..
    not now anymore. the uefa president sounds so childish

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    carlos queiroz is gone
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7488580.stm

i'd say sell ronaldo and suck 60m pounds out of RM.
    hes not worth keeping.
    honestly speaking Ronaldo worth alot in the long run,
    no amt of transfer fees is high enough to get him over.

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    seems like the whole world is siding real madrid huh?
    if i am SAF i will let Ronaldo rot on the bench.
    real madrid sucks nowadays y yearn to go there
    bh , zidane , figo, raul , ronaldo .. all of them lost form after joining them
    they are not invincible.yes they have great european record but in sixties..
    not now anymore. the uefa president sounds so childish
    No la, UEFA's comments was against Blatter's. Blatter said Ronaldo is like a slave if he is not allowed to join RM. UEFA countered that slaves dun earn money, so Ronaldo isn't a slave and has to respect his contract.

Its Ronaldo's ambition to join RM 1 day so I understand why he wanna go there but timing is wrong as he just signed a new contract. If he is nearing the end of his contract, then I dun think anyone will wanna stop him from realising his dream.

That shows how greedy and fragile this fella is no matter how best he is; you got high pay up front and many more years of job security ahead, people don't sign contract for fun or else what's the point

That Fifa guy must be a RM fan, MU should sets a 100 million pound take it or leave it price tag; RM LLBP got to match if they means biz, if not shut the **** up

In coming year, Fergie should play Nani more frequent and bench this SOTB, use him sparingly to signal no one is indispensable in a championship winning team

Petition to oust the Fifa moron:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1411473.ece
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 12th July 2008 at 08:41 AM.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast