Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Boss takes solace in draw

United may have been beaten in the UEFA Super Cup, but Sir Alex Ferguson still left Monte Carlo in confident mood.

Friday's one-off showpiece was preceded by this season's Champions League group stage draw and, having been drawn alongside Celtic, Villarreal and Aalborg, the United manager was optimistic of successfully navigating Group E.

"Obviously the fact I'm going back to Glasgow will create a bit of spice but, for me, this is a group we can progress from," Sir Alex told his post-match press conference.

"Although we will miss Paul Scholes in our first match against Villarreal because of his red card tonight, Michael Carrick should be fit.

"We should be okay in terms of qualifying for the knockout stages. The team is making progress and we should be strong enough to get through."

The Reds' defence of the Champions League crown begins against La Liga's Villarreal on Wednesday 17 September.

Hi bros.

we now have a Social Group to ourselves. Do join here.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Yeah but at least he can cover if players get injured. Although he was injured for much is last season, he still scored more than 10 goals. that helped in he title win.
    i think more like others covered for him
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    once again!

Knee trouble sidelines Owen
    Wah lao he is another Saha?!

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Hi bros.

we now have a Social Group to ourselves. Do join here.
    Join liao but what is that? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    i think more like others covered for him
    No la, dun think he is ever 1st choice at Man Utd although he almost made it when RVN left.

Papers: Berbatov D-Day

Ramos giving up on Berba
    Juande Ramos has given up hope of Dimitar Berbatov staying at White Hart Lane. The Bulgarian striker was left out of Spurs’ squad for yesterday’s 1-1 draw at Chelsea. And Ramos all but admitted he expected Berba to become a Manchester United player before the transfer deadline expires at midnight tonight. He said: “I don’t know where Berbatov is and he’s not in the right state of mind to play. Once the transfer window closes we will have more options with Roman Pavlyuchenko and any others who may arrive at the last minute."
    Ian McGarry, The Sun

United will have Cristiano Ronaldo back in the team by the end of September, according to the Daily Mail. "I am feeling fine. I am feeling really good and my recovery is going well," Ronaldo is quoted as saying. "I am more than happy with my progress and I hope to be back playing for United by the end of September - that is my target and it is a realistic one."

The Reds are considering a £7million offer from Hull City for 20-year-old striker Fraizer Campbell, who spent last season on loan with the Tigers (The Sun).

Round up by Ben Hibbs
    Rumours say that Berbatov might join Man C for 30million pound!
    Last edited by melvin; 2nd September 2008 at 01:30 AM.

Latest: Bebertov signs for Man U.

Wonder if he wear the 9 or 19 shirt

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post

No.9....very expensive....but I think is still a quality signing considering his strength and scoring ability which non of the current MU strikers posses

Blog Entries

OMG robinho joins man city Who would have tot of tat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Desperate move for a desperate man....no more Champions league football for him....and I don't quite understand too....I tot Chelski wants him badly

Maybe 3 months later City will sell him to the blues for 40m

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Join liao but what is that? lol
    I think it's for chatting within the members of the social group. Saw that there was a group for Chelsea and another for Liverpool so thought that might as well do one for Man United fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Desperate move for a desperate man....no more Champions league football for him....and I don't quite understand too....I tot Chelski wants him badly

Maybe 3 months later City will sell him to the blues for 40m
    Most likely the case lei.... Chelsea is doing the same what RM did to Ronaldo! What goes around comes around!

Man C got new oil owner from dubai!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post

At last for $30.75million pound!

01/09/2008 23:35, Report by Steve Bartram

Reds sign Berbatov

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Dimitar Berbatov.
    The Bulgarian international striker, 27, has signed a four-year contract after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.
    As part of the deal, United striker Fraizer Campbell will spend the rest of the 2008/09 season on loan at White Hart Lane.
    Upon becoming a United player, Dimitar told ManUtd.com: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."
    Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to finally capture the elegant striker and admitted: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.
    "His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and Iím sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Fans delighted by Berba coup

Talking Reds users are over the moon at the prospect of seeing Dimitar Berbatov in a red shirt following his deadline day switch to Old Trafford...

"Just picture this: Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo heading at you. God have mercy on our opponents."
    Posted by: Daniel Griminger

"I saw the pictures of Berbatov, David Gill and Sir Alex, but I didn't believe the deal was done until I saw it on ManUtd.com."
    Posted by: Scouthead_Ste

"I'm so excited that Berbatov is here. Can't believe it."
    Posted by: rachelmufc

"Great signing. I'm going to get Berbatov's name on my shirt. Surely he'll be our new No.9."
    Posted by: Darren boult

"This has been an unbelievable day. I can't wait till Berbatov makes his league debut against Liverpool."
    Posted by: devl

"I live in Bulgaria and I haven't managed to do any work today. I've spent my whole time looking for updates on the news."
    Posted by: korniholio

"I was so nervous following the events throughout the evening. So pleased!"
    Posted by: didds

"This has felt like the longest transfer deadline day ever. But it shows to any doubters out there that you should always have faith in Sir Alex. He always gets his man."

Saha completes Toffees switch

Louis Saha has completed his move to Everton after signing a two-year deal with the Toffees.

The striker, who also has the option of a third year at Goodison Park, successfully passed a medical over the weekend and has joined for an undisclosed fee. He will wear the No.9 shirt for his new club.

The 30-year-old netted 42 goals in 124 appearances for the Reds during his four-and-a-half-year career at Old Trafford, including a debut strike against Southampton in January 2004. But after a promising start he endured a torrid time with injuries and spent prolonged periods on the sidelines.

Saha is looking forward to the challenges ahead with his new club, but admits he is sad at the way his time at Old Trafford ended.

"I am quite disappointed my time with United has finished like this, with so many injury problems," he told the official Everton website. "But I am very happy a club of Everton's stature have shown they are interested in me.

"There is European football for one thing, and I was very impressed when I spoke to their manager David Moyes. He told me exactly how he wanted me to play. He was very honest with me.

"I also spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson and he said it would be good for me to sign for Everton because I would get the chance to play more than at United. He also thought it would help my fitness if I was playing every week."

Everyone at Old Trafford would like to wish Louis all the best for the future.

O'Shea: I'll remain a Red

John O'Shea insists he is happy to stay at United for as long as Sir Alex Ferguson wants him in his squad.

The versatile Irishman has frequently attracted interest from other clubs seeking to whisk him away from Old Trafford.

Transfer deadline day will see plenty of activity on Monday, but rather than follow the lure of cementing the position of first-choice first-teamer elsewhere, O'Shea is intent on staying in Sir Alex's plans.

"Iíll be here hopefully as long as the manager wants me," he said. "Thatíll be the case for me. Itís a squad game and whoís to say that if I went to a different team it wouldnít be the same?"

The Republic of Ireland international knows competition for places is fierce in a squad of United's strength but, for O'Shea, little competes with the challenge of trying to make it into the Reds' line-up.

"Iím at Manchester United and Iím happy doing what I do," he says.

"Itís a case of when I get the chance Iíve got to make sure I give the manager a difficult choice to leave me out of the team. Thatís the challenge I face every time I play."

Think RM gave him 2 choices...... Join Chelsea or Manchester (didn't specify City or Utd).......

Then when he reach there for the medical, he thinks to himself..... I thought the jersey suppose to be red??