Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Edwin in no rush

Edwin van der Sar insists he is in no hurry to decide when he will bring down the curtain on his playing career.

The veteran goalkeeper has said he will review his position at the end of this year before deciding his future, but he insists this is not definitely his last season at United.

"You keep on going but, like I said, (Ill look at the situation) in December," he said. "Thats what Ive done for the last two years.

"I feel good with that and at the moment pre-season is almost over, so you can start playing the games week-in, week-out and Im really looking forward to that. Then well just see how long we keep going.

"I dont want to put too much of a timeline on it or say too much about it. But as long as youre fit and you enjoy it and the manager is happy and the players are happy that youre there, thats my main focus point."

The Dutchman ended his international career when Holland crashed out of Euro 2008, and he is hopeful that curtailing his Oranje association will prolong his playing days at United.

"Sometimes theres a moment where you think its enough," he said. "Ive quit the national team now because I gave everything I had for the national team and I can focus completely now on United. Hopefully thats going to prolong my career this year or the year after."
    Hope he can stay as long as Oliver Khan!

Owen aims to move on

Having had his first year as a United player disrupted by injury, Owen Hargreaves is hopeful that his return - perhaps in Friday's UEFA Super Cup final - will be his last injury comeback of the season.

Tendinitis affected the midfielder throughout his debut season at OT but, after some impressive training displays, Hargreaves almost featured in Monday's win at Portsmouth. Now a return in Monaco against Zenit St Petersburg could be on the cards.

"Ive got a big season ahead - with United and England - and I want to be fit," he said. "Hopefully Ill be back soon and fit for the remainder of the season. Monaco is a possibility, well just see how training goes. Im improving every day, so hopefully Ill be back soon."

Hargreaves admits his knee problems have dogged him since before his arrival in Manchester, but some sterling work from the club's medical staff could end the problem.

"Ive felt it on and off for 16 months," he revealed. "Sometimes more, sometimes less its something Ive had to cope with. The staff and I have worked very hard so that Im fit and when I play I dont miss out. Theyve done a really good job. I think weve got it under control."
    Hope he will not be like the other Owen!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Reserves roar back again!

Great fight back orchestrated by King of come backs! Ole Ole Ole!
    lol he is really the come back king with last min goals.

Owen aims to move on

Hope he will not be like the other Owen!
    Hargreaves is really injury prone. It seems like its his knees and dunno wat tendon that is the prob. Really hope he can stay injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    If he scored 20 already can become legend, dont need 40+.
    haha if he score 40, RM will bid 60m for him! lol

Edwin in no rush

Hope he can stay as long as Oliver Khan!
    yah, if edwin stays, we got a chance to win e EPL

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Hargreaves is really injury prone. It seems like its his knees and dunno wat tendon that is the prob. Really hope he can stay injury free.
    all Owens r sick cats.

Heng! Flecther suddenly on form! If not can say bye bye liao! must keep on our winning streak!
    I am not a big fan of Fletcher because I feel he is a negative player as he always cuts back instead of chiong forward whenever he receives a ball in the midfield

But I have to admit that is he is quite a good finisher and pretty good in positioning himself at scoring oppotunity......perhaps Fergie can consider playing him as striker.....who knows he could be as lethal as Thierry Henry somedays

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    all Owens r sick cats.
    Owen Wilson is suicide cat

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    haha if he score 40, RM will bid 60m for him! lol
    Then this one comfirm sell no question asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I am not a big fan of Fletcher because I feel he is a negative player as he always cuts back instead of chiong forward whenever he receives a ball in the midfield

But I have to admit that is he is quite a good finisher and pretty good in positioning himself at scoring oppotunity......perhaps Fergie can consider playing him as striker.....who knows he could be as lethal as Thierry Henry somedays
    Share your thoughts on Fletcher. Hopefully his 2 goals will attract the likes of northern clubs like Newcastle or Sunderland to sign him. It is nearer to Scotland plus he may take his career further. He will be a fringe player and have little potential to develop further if he stays. Other clubs may take him to greater level and who's know, he may improve by leaps and bound. At that time, we can sign him back.
    Last edited by lestwe4get; 28th August 2008 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lestwe4get View Post
    Share your thoughts on Fletcher. Hopefully his 2 goals will attract the likes of northern clubs like Newcastle or Sunderland to sign him. It is nearer to Scotland plus he may take his career further. He will be a fringe player and have little potential to develop further if he stays. Other clubs may take him to greater level and who's know, he may improve by leaps and bound. At that time, we can sign him back.
    If i , i wun sign him back liao cos he lao kok kok already! anyway Man U also dun buy back their players!

Sunderland has been MU trash bin for year as long as Keano is in charge.....If he is available.....Roy Keane will be the first one to snap....there is only one Keano

Very soon, Sunderland will be filled with ex-Man U players.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Very soon, Sunderland will be filled with ex-Man U players.
    Then we will have free 6pts! So 6 from Sunderland n another 6 from Pool total we got 12pts in the bag!

Our 3rd kit no so nice lei...

Euro draw excites Fletch
    Darren Fletcher says the players will be watching with great interest when the draw for the Champions League group stages is made on Thursday tea-time.

The current holders will discover their upcoming opponents around 18:00 BST at the draw in Monaco, also the setting for the Reds' UEFA Super Cup final clash with Zenit St. Petersburg on Friday evening.

Given United's status as defending champions, Fletcher insists there is an even bigger sense of excitement around the camp ahead of this season's draw.

"It's always very exciting and you really look forward to finding out who you'll be pitting your wits against," the midfielder told ManUtd.com.

"There a lot of factors involved in the draw - not only do you look at who you're up against which could be a team you've played many times before or it might be a new challenge, you look at how far you'll be travelling.

"The excitement levels are the same each year, but I think they'll be even more so this time because we're defending champions."

English teams have been a dominant force in Europe's biggest club competition in recent years. There has been at least one Premier League side in the last four finals, with United and Liverpool running out winners in 2008 and 2005 respectively.

Fletcher fully expects one or more of the English clubs to be involved in the latter stages of the competition, and is confident last season's triumph will stand United in good stead.

"We want to be the first team to defend the trophy since it was reformatted," he insisted. "English clubs have done very well in the last couple of seasons and they are major players in Europe now.

"But each year you set out, you can name at least eight clubs that have a good chance of winning it or at least doing well. That's why it's easier said than done to defend the title.

"Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the top Spanish and Italian teams are all expected to be there or thereabouts. But if we can show the form from last season and learn from the experience of winning it, then we can take it on again this season."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Sunderland has been MU trash bin for year as long as Keano is in charge.....If he is available.....Roy Keane will be the first one to snap....there is only one Keano
    Thats his prob. It seems like he only knows Man Utd players. He better broaden his search if he wanna be a top manager or get some good scouts.

He is a very useful squad player. As a midfielder, he is decent but can also do a good job of marking too. Think he should train as a striker as his positioning in the penalty box is very good.

Full Champions League draw:

Group A
    CHELSEA
    Roma
    Bordeaux
    CFR Cluj

Group B
    Inter Milan
    Werder Bremen
    Panathinaikos
    Anorthosis Famagusta

Group C
    Barcelona
    Sporting Lisbon
    Basel
    Shakhtar Donetsk

Group D
    LIVERPOOL
    PSV Eindhoven
    Marseille
    Atletico Madrid

Group E
    MAN UTD
    Villarreal
    Celtic
    Aalborg

Group F
    Lyon
    Bayern Munich
    Steaua Bucharest
    Fiorentina

Group G
    ARSENAL
    Porto
    Fenerbahce
    Dynamo Kiev

Group H
    Real Madrid
    Juventus
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Bate Borisov

Celtic again! They are 1 of the strongest pot 3 clubs. Only consolation is that travelling to their ground isn't too far. RM and Liv got tough groups this time. Chelsea pick cow dung again...Roma must be cursing after being drawn with English clubs for 3 straight seasons.