Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VIII - King of Europe/Double Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Manucho confident of Manchester United future

I really hope he can make it at Man Utd but looks like just getting a work permit is going to be difficult.

Next season new boys will be WBA, Stoke City and Hull City!

This is the third promotion for Hull City in 5yrs! Dun play play!

Will they be here just for a season or will they be here for long!

I hope SAF allows F. Campbell to go back to Hull on loan next season and see how he fares against EPL defenders. If he can make it, he might have a future at Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Raughing Benitez hinted that EPL is not a top priority becos he thinks his squad is not strong enough. So implies that he is aiming for 4th spot and CL Final ?
    I thot it is no secret and he have been doing dat for the last few season?no?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I really hope he can make it at Man Utd but looks like just getting a work permit is going to be difficult.
    I hope he can make it too. Man U needs a tall, fast and strong striker. Lyon striker, Bajema and Ajax's Huntelaar are good targets

Now it has to make it published so that if he gets 4th position again then at least he would meet his KPIs. hahahah Then if he ever achieves the EPL then he has exceeded all expectations.

real madrid is very irrirating , keep saying they want to buy C Ronaldo , how come they can always get the players they want ? like beckham and Van Nistrel ?
    what so good abt real madrid ? they sucks nowadays but players still yearn to go there..

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    real madrid is very irrirating , keep saying they want to buy C Ronaldo , how come they can always get the players they want ? like beckham and Van Nistrel ?
    what so good abt real madrid ? they sucks nowadays but players still yearn to go there..
    Becks and RVN are willingly sold to them, like our dumping ground. But C.Ronaldo is different as Man Utd are not willing to sell. I dun think the decision is with Ronaldo. The decision lies with Man Utd and thats why Ronaldo can't give assurance that he will be with Man Utd. Just imagine if RM offers a massive sum, even if Fergie and Gill are not willing, the Glazers might think otherwise. They are businessmen unfortunately and the ultimate decision will be made by them.

Its up to RM to test Glazers resolve and its up to the Glazers to reject them.

Ronaldo has said he like to play in Spain 1 day and I believe he would but dun think it will be next season unless RM come up with an offer that the Glazers can't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    I hope he can make it too. Man U needs a tall, fast and strong striker. Lyon striker, Bajema and Ajax's Huntelaar are good targets
    Lastest rumour is:

Sir Alex Ferguson wants to spend his £50m summer transfer budget within the next fortnight, with Micah Richards and Sevilla's Brazilian duo Luis Fabiano and Daniel Alves top of his wish-list. (Daily Mirror)

Looks like Benzema and Huntelaar are not on Fergie's mind at the moment. I would not mind Fabiano but prefer Benzema. Fabiano along with Kanoute have been banging in goals for Seville for the past few seasons.

I hope Evra gets a new contract soon as I think he is good.

Stevie G says that they are going to win the league for the past 4 seasons. Number 1 joker in EPL!

Ok we lost Pique. Just too bad as he is a very good defender but think Man Utd made a profit. Think Fergie will need another defender for cover liao.

Barcelona complete Pique signing

Barcelona have re-signed Manchester United defender Gerard Pique on a four-year deal for a fee of around £5m, four years after he left the Nou Camp.

The 21-year-old joined United in 2004, but was never a first-team regular.

He made 23 appearances in his time at Old Trafford, scoring two goals, both in this season's Champions League campaign, against Dynamo Kiev and Roma.

"It's a dream to return to Barcelona. When I left I thought it would be very complicated to return," said Pique.

Pique initially signed a five-year deal at Old Trafford, which was due to expire next summer.

Although he was a highly-rated prospect, he was unable to break up the established central defensive partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

darn, i thought pique is good.
    i think daniel alves is not bad. fabiano good? i haven watched him before...
    and i really fancy micah richards!

but i hope this time
    fergie can really really get a good finisher with goal instinct hehe
    benzema seems quite good seeing him play couple of times. so is huntella hahhaha
    good good splurge more money!
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post

they may not be winning much nowadays, but they still won la liga this season.
    and with their clubs history and money, they will still attract big players
    they won quite many CL b4... we are kinda babies compared to Real's and Milan's european history.

anyway, this season should be ronaldo's year.
    having won epl, CL, and scored 42 goals this season...
    i thikn he will be the first person to be playing in England to win Footballer of the year!
    arrogance and ego up up up up up! hahaha
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    darn, i thought pique is good.
    i think daniel alves is not bad. fabiano good? i haven watched him before...
    and i really fancy micah richards!

but i hope this time
    fergie can really really get a good finisher with goal instinct hehe
    benzema seems quite good seeing him play couple of times. so is huntella hahhaha
    good good splurge more money!
    Yes Fabiano is good, scored a lot for Seville along with Kanoute. But he is a little too old when compared with Huntelaar and Benzema.

Daniel Alves got lots of stamina. Can run and run and will give Evra a good run for his money. Good at dribbling and crosses too.

Some info about Anderson:

As a Man Utd fan, I was wondering if you could tell me how Anderson is viewed in Brazil and whether he is as well received as he is at United? Also I was wondering how he fits into the international set up? Neil Bickerstaff

He is very highly regarded, though you have to remember that he left very early.

In fact, in his time with Porto he seems to have picked up a Portuguese accent and become incomprehensible to some of his own countrymen.

On the international front, he's in the Brazil squad, but his bid for a first-team place could be held up by a doubt about where he should play.

In Brazil he was an attacking midfielder, either wide left or cutting across from the right.

Brazilian coaches were stunned when United started picking him in central midfield, with plenty of defensive duties.

Time will tell if this is adding new things to his game, or forcing him to sacrifice too much of what he does best.

Got a question about South American football for Tim Vickery? Email him at vickerycolumn@hotmail.com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7419992.stm
    A little preview of the Copa Libertadores and who might face Man Utd at the World Club Cup championships.

Yes Fabiano is good, scored a lot for Seville along with Kanoute. But he is a little too old when compared with Huntelaar and Benzema.

Daniel Alves got lots of stamina. Can run and run and will give Evra a good run for his money. Good at dribbling and crosses too.
    Who actually finds Evra's crosses convincing? I think his crosses are mostly good for earning corners.

Ok we lost Pique. Just too bad as he is a very good defender but think Man Utd made a profit. Think Fergie will need another defender for cover liao.

Barcelona complete Pique signing

Barcelona have re-signed Manchester United defender Gerard Pique on a four-year deal for a fee of around £5m, four years after he left the Nou Camp.

The 21-year-old joined United in 2004, but was never a first-team regular.

He made 23 appearances in his time at Old Trafford, scoring two goals, both in this season's Champions League campaign, against Dynamo Kiev and Roma.

"It's a dream to return to Barcelona. When I left I thought it would be very complicated to return," said Pique.

Pique initially signed a five-year deal at Old Trafford, which was due to expire next summer.

Although he was a highly-rated prospect, he was unable to break up the established central defensive partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

Pique: Thanks for everything

Gerard Pique this week agreed to join former club Barcelona, but before he left he asked ManUtd.com to publish a letter of thanks to the club, staff and fans...

I didn't want to say goodbye without thanking all the club personnel, including the football equipment manager, masseuses, secretaries, coaches, and especially my team mates, who have always treated me well and played a vital role in my development, both as a football player and more importantly, on a personal level.

Obviously I would have liked to play more this season, but I must say that despite some difficult decisions, the manager has always treated me in an exceptional manner, for which I am extremely grateful.

I am leaving with some very special memories: scoring a Champions League goal at Old Trafford, beating Arsenal in April on the way to winning the title and, most of all, the experience of being part of this fantastic group that won the Premier League and Champions League Double.

Finally, a special thanks to the fans for their warmth and support. I would like them to know that I will always carry United in my heart and I hope that they understand my decision to go back to my home club, FC Barcelona.

Thank you all and I hope to see you in the Champions League final next season.

Gerard Pique
    Sad to see him go thought could see more of him next season!

Sir Alex and Carlos cleared

The Football Association has cleared Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz of charges of improper conduct.

The charges relate to media comments made following United's 1-0 FA Cup sixth round defeat against Portsmouth in March.

United were unhappy about a number of decisions from the matchday officials led by referee Martin Atkinson, chiefly what the Reds saw as the failure to award a penalty kick when Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to be bodychecked by Sylvain Distin in the first half.

Sir Alex and Carlos held personal hearings on Wednesday but were cleared of all charges by the FA disciplinary panel.

A statement on the FA website read: "At an independent Regulatory Commission hearing today, charges against Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz were found not proved."

Lastest rumour is:

Sir Alex Ferguson wants to spend his £50m summer transfer budget within the next fortnight, with Micah Richards and Sevilla's Brazilian duo Luis Fabiano and Daniel Alves top of his wish-list. (Daily Mirror)

Looks like Benzema and Huntelaar are not on Fergie's mind at the moment. I would not mind Fabiano but prefer Benzema. Fabiano along with Kanoute have been banging in goals for Seville for the past few seasons.

I hope Evra gets a new contract soon as I think he is good.
    Yeah...... time to BBB!

Hope this is allowed here, if not, mods please remove this.

Any bros/sis joining this one?

United Trinity honoured

Sir Bobby Charlton and Denis Law expressed their pride at being immortalised alongside George Best in a statue commemorating the ‘United Trinity’.

The bronze statue was unveiled outside Old Trafford’s East Stand on Thursday 29 May, forty years to the day since the Reds’ European Cup triumph at Wembley in 1968, and commemorates arguably the finest attacking trio ever to play together.

At the unveiling ceremony, Sir Bobby modestly described the statue by award-winning sculptor Philip Jackson as “the most fantastic compliment” to be placed in such illustrious company.

“We’re all part of a wonderful club,” he told a three-hundred-strong audience, including eight members of the ’68 side. “Over the years there have been many fantastic players here, but it's one of the greatest things that has happened to me to be put alongside George Best and Denis Law. It’s the most fantastic compliment anyone has ever paid to me.”

Law, who actually missed the 4-1 victory over Benfica at Wembley through injury, added: “To have a wonderful statue erected at probably the most famous club in the world (Sir Bobby interjects: “Certainly the most famous club in the world!”) really is a tremendous honour.

“The only tragedy is that George isn’t here, although I’m sure he will be looking down and will feel proud at this wonderful tribute. Fifty years since Munich, forty years since winning the European Cup for the first time, and just days after winning the Champions League in Moscow, it really is fitting.”

Sir Alex Ferguson, who unveiled the statue, said the monument is a reminder of the past and a prompt to continue United’s rich history.

“Players like Denis, George and Bobby have created Manchester United's history," he said. “Through history you can look to the future. You try to match it. It means so much that we, the current team, did our bit in honouring the history of this club in Moscow.”

Although the players plied their trades in a long-since-departed era, Sir Alex says all three remain models for the current occupants of the red shirt.

“My vivid memory of these players is that they always wanted the ball,” he added. “That’s part of being a Manchester United player, it’s a quality you must have. They all had courage to play, the balance to beat players and they entertained the fans. That’s why they will always be remembered.”

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast