Thread: travelling on Eurail pass

Default travelling on Eurail pass

Anyone have experience on how it works? If in SG, which is the approved agent dealing with the Eurail passes?

I've read through the eurail website, but still confused by "passholders still need to reserve a ticket" will the local agent be able to help us with that ticket issue?

Default Re: travelling on Eurail pass

You can get it locally from STA Travel. http://www.statravel.com.sg

Have fun!

Some trains require u to reserve a seat i.e. seat reservation is compulsory. Eurailpass only covers the train ticket and not a seat. Do take note that there is a seat quota for Eurailpass holders. I bought mine from diners club (Beach Road) and travelex travel agency (change alley).

Regarding the booking of the tic, i'm not sure whether local agency can book for u or not. so far i have been using this : http://www.bahn.de/p/view/internatio...l_guests.shtml to get mine. U can also book urs at the train counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Anyone have experience on how it works? If in SG, which is the approved agent dealing with the Eurail passes?

I've read through the eurail website, but still confused by "passholders still need to reserve a ticket" will the local agent be able to help us with that ticket issue?
    NOTE: dahaoren = 打好人 ;)

Heya Yatlapball,

Collyer Travel (used to be Travelex) at Chevron House (Old Caltex House at Raffles Place) prints the pass straight-away. They can also do your train reservations for you (only 2/3 months in advance, I think) then and there.

You might need to have half an idea as to where you'd want to visit and within how many days, as there are heaps of types of passes to choose from. Got an itinerary?

Train reservations are compulsory only for the Super High Speed (eg TGV, Talgo, Thalys...) and night trains (if you require a sleeper/bed) Although, some ppl might want to pay extra for a seat on non-compulsory trains, for which you'd have to give that seat up, if you're seating on it. On most timetables, there will be a 'R' indicated, for compulsory reservation trains.

Hope that helps!
    Don't Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight...

Thanks Daniel, dahaoren and especially LynneSaur

Yes I already have the itinery in mind. Will head down to Collyer Travel once I sort out my open-jaw ticket... and thanks once again for enlightening me. That reservation thing really flummoxed me!

No worries! If you do go down, look for Anna, she's probably the 'oldest' member there!
    Don't Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight...