Thread: Disappointed with Seller.

Default Disappointed with Seller.

When a seller agreed with a price but back out suddenly in a matter of minutes. I originally offered $4888 and he countered $5k which I accepted. Very disappointed with such seller. Below is the link to the sales and PM communication between us.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=379907&page=2

"
    Originally Posted by rvxing
    I provide you my h/p# too, you should had called me too. I am asking cheque is OK with you and offer on another PM with $50 notes when you asked for $1000 notes.

Regards

Originally Posted by Entrope
    Heya,
    Sorry to disappoint.

However, I did not "agree" with you on a final confirmation, and I made the decision to not proceed with the final confirmation the moment you mentioned "cheque"... as I took that time to call up other bidders and confirm their offers and payment methods.

All final confirmations by me are committed on the actual forum thread it self.

Regards

Hi Bro,

We have agreed with a $5k/- deal, since you don't want cheque, I mentioned I can draw $50 notes for you instead of $1k notes. Then you suddenly back out not even trying to re-negotiate the price. So if someone offer you now a better price, will you back out on the other person too?

Regards

Heya,
    Sorry I took my time to decide on this... I'm normally highly dubious when it comes to cheque deals.

Further more since I'm requiring a cash deal I decided not to proceed with a "Full Set" deal as I got a very good offer for the 70-200 and two SB-800's... so I've confirmed a sale for those to one person and I'm still leaving the 24-70 up for bid (:

Regards

Don't have cash on hand, if I draw from ATM, all will be $50 notes. Need to work tomorrow (a few meetings), don't have time to go to the bank to draw $.

Regards

Heya!
    Are you able to pay in cash in 1000's (i.e. 5*1000$ notes)?

Regards

$5K OK if all units are per your stated conditions. 7pm tomorrow evening, at Txxxxxx Blk xxx, h/p 96xxxxx2.

Cheque OK for you? Your name please.

Regards

All Local.

From my understanding, if there's no receipt, Nikon will consider the warranty as started from the day the item entered Singapore (they keep track).

I can get a duplicate receipt from the shop though (just checked), that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Regards

Can consider, local or parallel sets. I assume all units come with warranty.

May I know why the 70~200mm don't have a receipt since it was purchased in Apr 08? Able to get another receipt from the shop again.

Regards,

Rvxing

Heya!
    Would you be interested in 5K flat for all?

I will deliver the item to you at any time convenient from tomorrow onwards.

Regards,
    Entrope

"
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

Default Re: Disappointed with Seller.

Disappointment, seller should honor his own offer.

I don't see why you should feel dissapointed, The seller wasn't comfortable with a couple of things, maybe they can be cleared up, but he has quickly moved on to sell stuff that is his anyway, in the way he wants to. You should just move on yourself.

From the conversion above i dont think the seller has already agreed on the deal. Neither have you wasted your time in any meet up(s). Nothing wrong in this case.(from my point of view)

Such dealings are made on mutual agreements. If non can be met, just move on. Such incidents happen all the time. Its not something unusual. Nothing to be disappointed about.

For your future dealing(s) just bear in mind to be open to unpleasant surprises and you should be able to live through another lousy incident without feeling disappointed. Unless there are criminal intent in the dealing, please report to the police.

I know he had a choice to change his mind after counter my offer. In the 1st place, he shouldn't even counter offer when he haven't complete reading all his PMs and posts. Furthermore, by asking me to pay by 5x$1000 notes, he had already agreed to the $5000 deal. Not to forget, he actually post the prices of the eventually buyer before he asked me to pay the 5x$1000 notes.

I also provide him with my h/p# much earlier, he don't even bother to call, it clearly show one thing, just because he realise the other deals offer him more $, he simply change his mind and don't honor the deal.

I'm just disappointed with such seller and I know that there are a lot of such sellers and even buyers too. I also know of seller after he committed to one buyer and when other buyers offer much higher price, he still turn down the other buyers and honor the deal. Anyway, I will be able to sleep over it for this lousy experience. Think of it this way, I save myself $5000.

By the way, the seller is also selling his D3 camera for $6000 and above, anyone interested can try it and hopefully he don't keep changing his mind. Oh, just realise the seller change his mind 4 hours ago, the selling price is now $5500 (BNP). Good price, the camera is only 3 months old.
    Last edited by rvxing; 25th May 2008 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    From the conversion above i dont think the seller has already agreed on the deal. Neither have you wasted your time in any meet up(s). Nothing wrong in this case.(from my point of view)
    Oh yes, lucky haven't meet up, otherwise will waste even more time. His eventual selling price for all items is $5400, what happen someone offer him $6000 now (based on the communication with him, he will only do the transaction by tomorrow), will he change his mind again?

no 'deal' was set..you were still negotiating, and he closed with someone else who could do so at his convenience. nothing wrong with that.

it would be different if he set "set, let's meet at this time and this place" then he changes his mind and tells you its sold.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

perhaps you would have suggest a transfer to his ATM account instead.
    he is the seller and if he didnt confirm with you over the deal then you have nothing to lose.
    to him, your offer may seem attractive in the 1st place until he realised that he can get better price for his each of this single equipment.
    but then again not only there are buyers that back out last min, there are also sellers that feel insecure about the deal and also back out.
    these kind of things happen all the time.

just like yesterday, i was paying top 2nd hand market price for a lens but i didnt expect the seller to include a filter that was old (since he told me via sms) and with scratches (this part he never info me).
    besides when i thought the amount of dust at my lens barrel is worse...his really is another level...on surface looks like didnt even use a blower to blow off the white dust particles.
    and i so stupid to go pay for the lens some more...silly me.

seriously after this deal, if i ever get involve with another deal, i'll request to see the pics 1st before any dealings cos i dont want to waste my time to go down view a lens end up not buying it which is a total waste of time and money for transport.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 26th May 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvxing View Post
    I know he had a choice to change his mind after counter my offer. In the 1st place, he shouldn't even counter offer when he haven't complete reading all his PMs and posts. Furthermore, by asking me to pay by 5x$1000 notes, he had already agreed to the $5000 deal. Not to forget, he actually post the prices of the eventually buyer before he asked me to pay the 5x$1000 notes.
    I'm not sure by counter offering $5000 the seller meant that he agreed to the $5000 deal??? And as u said, he asked you to pay 5 x $1000 notes which you couldn't. So both of you did not agree on the terms. Hence he call off the deal. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

By the way, the seller is also selling his D3 camera for $6000 and above, anyone interested can try it and hopefully he don't keep changing his mind. Oh, just realise the seller change his mind 4 hours ago, the selling price is now $5500 (BNP). Good price, the camera is only 3 months old.

I think believe the seller selling his D3 has got nothing to do with your incident.

Deregistered

come one get some fresh air. do note too sometimes buyers back out at point of meeting despite all clarification before hand. so how? do that mean buyer doesn't honour his/her offer? things do happened anyway so just live and forget it. sometimes buyer backout last min cause he/she got better deals. coins are 2 sided.

btw i don't know either the seller nor the buyer(ts).

I think either party should have the right to back out if terms and conditions have not been agreed upon. Or if he somehow doesn't feel right to proceed on with the deal. Sure, it may not be very nice, but I don't see it as an issue, ethical or otherwise. I tell you, as an example, even if I agree to sell you my item and we meet up, but I see your face and I don't like, there's nothing to say that I cannot just back out of the deal.

It only becomes and issue when money has changed hands and the product wasn't in the condition as promised.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    I'm not sure by counter offering $5000 the seller meant that he agreed to the $5000 deal??? And as u said, he asked you to pay 5 x $1000 notes which you couldn't. So both of you did not agree on the terms. Hence he call off the deal. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
    Like I mentioned, he got his choice to decide to go ahead or not with the deal. Again, like I mentioned earlier, he should finish all his PMs and Posts first before he offer, counter offer and ask for payment term. Whatever, he is just wasting others time.

So, 5x$1000 notes is money/cash and 100x$50 is not, what kind of s***** excuses. Just said he like $400 more so he had to break his agreement, simple as that and I know $ is the more the better when one is selling.

Try this, go to a shop especially in SLS 1st level, ask for an item, counter offer the seller price and when he agreed to your offer, you back off. See what happen then, I wouldn't be surprised you get a 4 letters word from the seller. Just don't waste others time, period.
    Last edited by rvxing; 26th May 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Like I mentioned, he got his choice to decide to go ahead or not with the deal. Again, like I mentioned earlier, he should finish all his PMs and Posts first before he offer, counter offer and ask for payment term. Whatever, he is just wasting others time.

So, 5x$1000 notes is money/cash and 100x$50 in not, what kind of s***** excuses. Just said he like $400 more so he had to break his agreement, simple as that and I know $ is the more the better when one is selling.

Try this, go to a shop especially in SLS 1st level, ask for an item, counter offer the seller price and when he agreed to your offer, you back off. See what happen then, I wouldn't be surprised you get a 4 letters word from the seller. Just don't waste others time, period.
    Well, life goes on isn't it? There's been no exchange of dosh, so there's no completion of a transaction.

Frankly, who cares about the attitude of the fluff at SLS? Their incessant swearing, should you back away even after said scenario, does not make them right, regardless. As the buyer, you also have every right to walk away as well.

I guess your intention has already been met, any further diatribes would not seek to further your case..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Arrow Re: Disappointed with Seller.

I concur, life goes on.

I've been selling and buying some stuff from CS members too and you'll meet the resident "aeroplane", cut throat bargain hunters, poor students and everything under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Well, life goes on isn't it? There's been no exchange of dosh, so there's no completion of a transaction.

Frankly, who cares about the attitude of the fluff at SLS? Their incessant swearing, should you back away even after said scenario, does not make them right, regardless. As the buyer, you also have every right to walk away as well.

I guess your intention has already been met, any further diatribes would not seek to further your case..

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post

I post this not because I didn't get the deal, my life still go on and I save $5000 from impulse buying. Thank to his flip flop mind. Post this just don't like his way of dealing that is all.

Oh, by the way, one of the buyer fly him aeroplane and back off, his item is on sale again. What do you call this.

Anyway, I will just close the thread otherwise others may have ******* thinking about me.