Thread: [dilemma] should i temp go beijing work?

Default [dilemma] should i temp go beijing work?

i apologize for the misleading title but i have a job offer given by my auntie to go beijing work for 10days, total 14 days there. the pay would be about S$800 which is rather little and not even enough to cover my airfare there. her company is technically paying $800 to a chinese local there to work with my auntie to sell stamps, therefore my pay would be $800.

it would be like a holiday to me becos accomodations and food would be provided by my auntie's company somehow. should i fork out a little money to go there for a 'holiday' ? considering the fact that i'm flying off on the 6th which is just 2 days before the official opening of the olympics. working hours would be like just 7hrs per day and free time after that. i would have alot of chance to go street shooting.

my family is tight on finance and i'm going ord soon and no job found yet.

should i go ?
    I Love You :)

Default Re: [dilemma] should i temp go beijing work?

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    i apologize for the misleading title but i have a job offer given by my auntie to go beijing work for 10days, total 14 days there. the pay would be about S$800 which is rather little and not even enough to cover my airfare there. her company is technically paying $800 to a chinese local there to work with my auntie to sell stamps, therefore my pay would be $800.

it would be like a holiday to me becos accomodations and food would be provided by my auntie's company somehow. should i fork out a little money to go there for a 'holiday' ? considering the fact that i'm flying off on the 6th which is just 2 days before the official opening of the olympics. working hours would be like just 7hrs per day and free time after that. i would have alot of chance to go street shooting.

my family is tight on finance and i'm going ord soon and no job found yet.

should i go ?
    Base on your case. I suggest you should stay locally and look for a job here... be temp or perm.

Usually, the chance of working oversea is an experience that money can't buy.

However, given that your circumstances where the finance is tight and the working exposure is so short, it may not be worthwhile. Besides, no 100% guarantee that you can get your visa approved.

I duno.. sounds all right to me. Just take it as a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I duno.. sounds all right to me. Just take it as a fun experience.
    you already made up your mind to go...only your family finance is holding you back.

If i were you, i go... but then too bad, i not=u, so you have to decide yourself...

i might even pay them to let me work there...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

go lah... who know u may find great opportunities & contacts in China. We are a small island.. not much to plough after all
    Last edited by Exposure; 26th May 2008 at 06:18 PM.

If you have nothing much to do in Singapore during this 14 days, just go You're still young, you have nothing to lose..

Arrow Re: [dilemma] should i temp go beijing work?

You're the best person to answer your own questions.

Sit down and make a list of the pros and cons.

HTH.