Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which 5MP Camera to get?

get the Canon G5.

Personally, I'll recommend CP5700. It all depend on your needs.

CP5700, Sony 717, Minolta 7hi & G5 are all good prosumer digicams. Each has it's pros & cons.

Default sony?

How 'bout more compact 5MP models?

DSC-P10?

DSC-P92

Haven't handled these personally tho

It actually depends on what you want to shoot.

Function wise all the recommended cams are more or less there.

As you mention that your current cam does not allow you to zoom in enough, 5700 might be your answer to your immediate problem. But it's slow AF is a real big con if you are taking moving objects (unless you don't mind larger DOF)

G5 is relatively untested. Should be similar to G3.

F717 is pretty good in the AF dept.

If you want huge zoom, why not the one with image stabilised 12x zoom.. only draw back is it's 2MP sensor.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I like to shoot on anything..... mostly human..... so a fast AF might be helpful.....

zoom is not the problem.... is the problem of after zooming, my Ixus tend to produce VERY dark picture (due to the small aperture) since I can't change what the camera think it should take the picture at..... so I will be forced to take with a wide angle and then crop.... but 2MP wun let me do to much of such cropping.... thus getting one camera which can zoom and yet still give me a large aperture might be what I need...... since that's my biggest complain on Ixus (and also no flash can be added.... slave flash not that good....)

I like the picture quality that Ixus is capable of.... low noise with its ISO50.... but then the dark picture kinda offset it most of the time... I only take nice picture in bright area......

den aim for a cam with alot of zoom..

Originally posted by Glyyde
    I like to shoot on anything..... mostly human..... so a fast AF might be helpful.....

zoom is not the problem.... is the problem of after zooming, my Ixus tend to produce VERY dark picture (due to the small aperture) since I can't change what the camera think it should take the picture at..... so I will be forced to take with a wide angle and then crop.... but 2MP wun let me do to much of such cropping.... thus getting one camera which can zoom and yet still give me a large aperture might be what I need...... since that's my biggest complain on Ixus (and also no flash can be added.... slave flash not that good....)

I like the picture quality that Ixus is capable of.... low noise with its ISO50.... but then the dark picture kinda offset it most of the time... I only take nice picture in bright area......
    Sony F717 can give you a 5X optical zoom at 190mm with F2.4. Not too sure about other cameras, maybe other camera users can comment about theirs.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Talking

Go get a 717!!!

and get xtra 3mths warranty if u register online - i.e 15mths warranty leh

How about the Nikon CP 5400 ? Just out in the market ??

Any comment ?

Originally posted by MrBig
    Go get a 717!!!

and get xtra 3mths warranty if u register online - i.e 15mths warranty leh
    if only they have international warranty.... going over to UK to study on September.....

is there any other camera capable of doing f/2.4 at 5X zoom? those should be able to capture brighter picture in zoom right?

Deregistered

Originally posted by cwongsm
    How about the Nikon CP 5400 ? Just out in the market ??

Any comment ?
    The CP5700 would be a better choice for SGD$300 more IMHO. I've gone through the specs of the CP5400. Nothing much impressive for SGD$1388, even though it's an upgraded model over the CP5000.

But it boils down to personal preference and liking, touch and feel it who knows. You might like it.

Originally posted by espn
    The CP5700 would be a better choice for SGD$300 more IMHO. I've gone through the specs of the CP5400. Nothing much impressive for SGD$1388, even though it's an upgraded model over the CP5000.

But it boils down to personal preference and liking, touch and feel it who knows. You might like it.
    HI espn,

Are those photos in your gallery taken by CP5700 ??

sony has international warranty.............1 yr

Originally posted by newbie99
    sony has international warranty.............1 yr
    yup but i gotta tell them which country u gonna reside

I wonder Malaysia Sony gives 1 yr international warranty or not.... if I buy, will be buying here... I am a Malaysian....

G4 (or g3)

+ a Speedlite
    + flash accessories
    + Lens Adaptor
    + Bag
    + Lens/filters
    + good tripod
    + extra batt/memory card

You will be more than equipped to take almost any kind of shots!

i got the above setups for under 1500....

dun think im even using 10% of what the equipment is capable off... still learning....

read the reviews!

Deregistered

Originally posted by cwongsm
    HI espn,

Are those photos in your gallery taken by CP5700 ??
    Yes they are. Thanks for viewing.

There is no G4. Japanese are a bit superstitious over the number 4, thus they skipped and jumped to G5

Not all 5MPix cameras are the same. You must consider the size of the CCD imager as well. Nikon 5400/5000 Olympus C5050, Sony V1, etc CCDs are much smaller than the F717/7Hi/5700 models.

FWIW, I love my 7Hi because of the way it looks and the way it handles. However, heat issues are a major concern. Often times my camera locks-up with an "err" message when the CF-card gets too hot. Although it does not damage anything, it could cause you to miss out on crucial-moment shots.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Hi sorry for my ignorance ..... what is CCD imager ?? So is it better to be smaller or bigger ??

I am planning to get CP5400. Well, I was previously using CP775...and now want to get a better one! Sounds good?

Originally posted by synapseman
    Not all 5MPix cameras are the same. You must consider the size of the CCD imager as well. Nikon 5400/5000 Olympus C5050, Sony V1, etc CCDs are much smaller than the F717/7Hi/5700 models.

FWIW, I love my 7Hi because of the way it looks and the way it handles. However, heat issues are a major concern. Often times my camera locks-up with an "err" message when the CF-card gets too hot. Although it does not damage anything, it could cause you to miss out on crucial-moment shots.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast