Thread: Which Non-Camera Phone?

Default Which Non-Camera Phone?

Hi, I am forced to buy a non-camera phone recently. I actually wanted to buy a E61, but my parents kind of objected as they say I should not buy a expensive non-camera phone at this time when I am just 6 months from ORD. So any suggestions on a gd non-camera phone?

Thanks

Default Re: Which Non-Camera Phone?

just get one of those cheap non camera phones that they sell at 7-11

For just six month...no need even a good phone. If it has sms and can call and receive calls...get that heh.

Like TMC say you can find the cheap one at 7-11 and I also saw at least 2 models at the post office. Why spend more lah. A "good" phone you know will have video, still camera function...etc. What you simply just need is a cheap one which when you ORD...you just sell it to the next camp mate who is still in there or some new recruit about to start their stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Hi, I am forced to buy a non-camera phone recently. I actually wanted to buy a E61, but my parents kind of objected as they say I should not buy a expensive non-camera phone at this time when I am just 6 months from ORD. So any suggestions on a gd non-camera phone?

Thanks
    how abt e51 non camera ??

'looks' good... but then if cost play a part then think those 7-11 better...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    how abt e51 non camera ??

'looks' good... but then if cost play a part then think those 7-11 better...
    Actually, I would rather than the e61 than e51, cos e61 is cheaper now.

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Actually, I would rather than the e61 than e51, cos e61 is cheaper now.
    but e61 difficult to get hold rite ??

i remember i got a friend finally found one 2nd hand...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Just get a cheap one from 7-11 and be done with it. Most probably you won't want to use it often and you can just leave it lying around until you kenna reservist.

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    but e61 difficult to get hold rite ??

i remember i got a friend finally found one 2nd hand...

Actually I got 1 guy offering me at a gd price.

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Just get a cheap one from 7-11 and be done with it. Most probably you won't want to use it often and you can just leave it lying around until you kenna reservist.
    howcome not use often, when it is a gd phone?

coz when you are outside of NS, you would want to use other phones w/camera functions. The cheapo phone is then relegated to reservist only use. or you can always be like someone that I seen before. Buy a good phone and then rip out the camera just to be able to bring it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    coz when you are outside of NS, you would want to use other phones w/camera functions. The cheapo phone is then relegated to reservist only use. or you can always be like someone that I seen before. Buy a good phone and then rip out the camera just to be able to bring it to work.
    But now new directive came down. Cannot even used camera phones with camera taken out. That is why I am looking for one.

Anyway, can the E61 download those GPRS map?

Actually I am also looking at some blackberry non-camera phone. But not sure which model is gd.

I'm using 2 non-camera phones now... Nokia E60 (bought in Oct 2005) and Nokia E51 non camera (bought 2 weeks back).. Great phones, sync flawlessly with Outlook. Wifi for both phones with additional HSDPA capability for E51.

i'ld go for the E51 non-camera version, although it costs more than E51 Camera version, dun understand why u end up paying more for "less".