Thread: What gift to get from Singapore for a friend in a foreign country?

Default What gift to get from Singapore for a friend in a foreign country?

Any suggestions? I was thinking getting those packet food seasonings like chicken rice or something. But does airport has restrictions on those food stuff to fly?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: What gift to get from Singapore for a friend in a foreign country?

get him/her one of those 'fine country' teeshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Any suggestions? I was thinking getting those packet food seasonings like chicken rice or something. But does airport has restrictions on those food stuff to fly?
    depends on the place you're flying to

your friend is foreign or singaporean

any 10 year series...it should be a singapore icon in my opinion

What gift to get from Singapore for a friend in a foreign country?
    Why don't you give your foreign friend something functional:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378012

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    depends on the place you're flying to

your friend is foreign or singaporean
    he's dutch, in netherlands.
    One-North Explorers

buy tiger balm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    buy tiger balm.

better still, go buy those merlion chocolates at super market...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    buy tiger balm.
    but is that included in the annoying liquid/solvent ban list or something? Does it apply to handcarry or cargo luggage? (i read the webby's explaination, maybe im silly, but doesnt tell me an obvious answer, whether it applies to handcarry only or cargo)
    One-North Explorers

My Japanese counterparts like the dried pork from bee cheng hiang that I always bought for them.

If your friend love Asian food, then suggest to pack up the many different kind/brand of bak ku teh. Many overseas friends really like our bak ku teh.

Get him a bottle of Singapore Sling.

Buy a pandan cake from Begawan Solo at the airport, and then have fun trying to explain what it is made from to your friend. A lot of foreigners seems to think it's some sort of green tea I've heard.

The 100ml ban is on liquids in your handcarry luggage~ its fine to put any liquids you have in your check in luggage (cargo) to facilitate fast customs.

btw, I also second that Bak Kwa is a good souvenir i get for my friends~ Dry and easy to pack as a gift~

but is that included in the annoying liquid/solvent ban list or something? Does it apply to handcarry or cargo luggage? (i read the webby's explaination, maybe im silly, but doesnt tell me an obvious answer, whether it applies to handcarry only or cargo)
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

not sure how strict the denmark customs are

but i would think there will be restrictions on meat products, for london what they will do if they find it is just confiscate it; as for other places, hard to say. once my friend's dad came to visit him with some bak kwa in stow and the happy dogs at heathrow must have caught a whiff of the bak kwa so they started barking and that's the last he saw of it. maybe those dogs got rewarded.

well you don't exactly have to get him something all the way from singapore, to be frank.

How come all the suggestions seemed to be about food? Singapore's only icon is our different food type and "fine" t-shirt?
    Quite true, hoh!

TS, it would depend on what your dutch friend like and how much you want to spend.

a) NEWater bottle - can get free from NEWater Visitor Centre (You can tell them I sent you... )
    b) Copy of Lee Kwan Yew's memoirs - "third world to first"
    c) National flower decorations
    d) Merlion gift
    e) Mini-singapore flag
    f) selangor pewter's range of gift
    g) Singapore Encyclopedia
    h) Soft toy from Singapore zoo or night safari
    i) Photo of the Singapore flyer (self-taken and developed or commissioned someone here to do so)

Enough suggestions?
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post

a) NEWater bottle - can get free from NEWater Visitor Centre (You can tell them I sent you... )
    b) Copy of Lee Kwan Yew's memoirs - "third world to first"
    c) National flower decorations
    d) Merlion gift
    e) Mini-singapore flag
    f) selangor pewter's range of gift
    g) Singapore Encyclopedia
    h) Soft toy from Singapore zoo or night safari
    i) Photo of the Singapore flyer (self-taken and developed or commissioned someone here to do so)
    j) Some foreigners perfer a souvenier from Geylang.

.....you mean meat balls?
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    .....you mean meat balls?
    I expect you to say the famous Geylang sausages: