Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Earrings.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default Earrings.

    I keep losing parts of my earrings, no matter how many ?#$@$ pairs I buy, I still keep losing them.

    They are the type of non-dangly earrings which I can wear to school, to bed and everywhere else.

    Just recently, I lost one of a pair of very old lime green earrings. Had them since Sec 1...

    I'm sick and tired of losing earrings. Anyone knows where to buy those earrings with the screw-on back? At a reasonable price, that is.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I got mine from Isabella. Those gold studded kind. Then I upgraded to diamonds - depending on the size - can start as little as $90 a pair from Goldheart. If you want to get from Goldheart - I got 20% discount.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    $90!!!!??!!!

    But one pair of my earrings only cost about $4, max.
    You're asking me to fork $90?

    I'm not working, mind..


    But.. But....

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra
    $90!!!!??!!!

    But one pair of my earrings only cost about $4, max.
    You're asking me to fork $90?

    I'm not working, mind..


    But.. But....
    what kind of earrings cost $4? It could be the stud is not secure.

    ok mine not cheap lah plus got 3 different pairs of different sizes Have had all of mine on for the past 4 years & only removed once to wear something different. Other than that, they've stayed on

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    how about keeping those earrings on the eyebrows? they'll stay on there for sure, you can even check on them each time you see a mirror

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    used to buy those plastic earrings with screw-on back @ this shop in tampines...i tink it's aries or something like dat. cheap too.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by sehsuan
    how about keeping those earrings on the eyebrows? they'll stay on there for sure, you can even check on them each time you see a mirror
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    ouch


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    what kind of earrings cost $4? It could be the stud is not secure.
    The earrings that I usually wear are $4 or less..
    I wear silver, not gold. Too way out of my student shoe string budget.

    eyebrow rings?
    Errm.. a bit on the huge side.....
    Pass.
    I was thinking of tummy rings, tho.

    Originally posted by isomers007
    used to buy those plastic earrings with screw-on back @ this shop in tampines...i tink it's aries or something like dat. cheap too.
    Okay. What do they look like?

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    oops! i was thinking along the lines of ear-studs. but can la, poledra. get ear-rings with the rings that nice and big that it can "frame" up your eyes lor. can change them somemore to match outfit

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by sehsuan
    oops! i was thinking along the lines of ear-studs. but can la, poledra. get ear-rings with the rings that nice and big that it can "frame" up your eyes lor. can change them somemore to match outfit
    I don't need anything more to frame my round face further..

    Yes, I am looking for ear studs.

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    later i suggest too much, Poledra becomes a draw for photographers because of excessive ear-rings and ear-studs all over the face

    btw, i can try to ask for nut and bolt sets from the nearest hardware/bicycle shop for you...

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by sehsuan
    later i suggest too much, Poledra becomes a draw for photographers because of excessive ear-rings and ear-studs all over the face

    btw, i can try to ask for nut and bolt sets from the nearest hardware/bicycle shop for you...
    Wah seh. Stop teasing leh.

    Isabella (Jurong Point) has some cheaper screw-on earrings. Last time I was there, they got a few sub $20-30 earrings. Nothing fancy though.

    AND... before the rest of you get the wrong idea, I don't wear these things. AND... I am not female. Lav can witness one.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by VincentLin
    Wah seh. Stop teasing leh.

    Isabella (Jurong Point) has some cheaper screw-on earrings. Last time I was there, they got a few sub $20-30 earrings. Nothing fancy though.

    AND... before the rest of you get the wrong idea, I don't wear these things. AND... I am not female. Lav can witness one.
    Finally.. Some sense..
    Now to dig some time out to go get them...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by VincentLin
    Wah seh. Stop teasing leh.

    Isabella (Jurong Point) has some cheaper screw-on earrings. Last time I was there, they got a few sub $20-30 earrings. Nothing fancy though.

    AND... before the rest of you get the wrong idea, I don't wear these things. AND... I am not female. Lav can witness one.
    Yeah $20-30 is ok. Afterall if u lose 6 pairs of $4 earrings (=$24) - u might as well get the one from Isabella. I used to be able to wear those but can't as I am NOW allergic (wef 4 years back) & can only take 100% gold earrings - gold plated is not enuf.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    323

    Default

    For budget wise, I would recommend to use just bolt and nut. You would never regret losing one or more.

    Cheers.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra


    Okay. What do they look like?
    lotsa shapes to choose from and with a plastic screw. colourful as well.

  17. #17

    Default ooh..

    Lav, at least you got the budget to indulge in the diamond earrings..

    as for me, I dun wear them...cos i don't have pierced ears...
    hmm.. prefer finger rings...





    argent2

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default Re: ooh..

    Originally posted by argent2
    Lav, at least you got the budget to indulge in the diamond earrings..

    as for me, I dun wear them...cos i don't have pierced ears...
    hmm.. prefer finger rings...





    argent2
    argent2

    Its a matter of priorities. I spend on diamond earrings cannot buy ex lens liao

  19. #19

    Default

    ah well this is why i never pierced my ears

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Is there an award for Most Irreverent Thread or Silliest Thread?

    Cannot believe i just read through this, and also the 182 views this thread has. Piang.

    No offence ladies. i just find it amusing. Lilz, do you have to wear 100% rings and necklaces too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •