Thread: Sleeping peacefully

Default Sleeping peacefully

I was in some event and captured this baby sleeping.
    Any comment ? Thanks

Btw, this was shot at 1/250 @ f/4.5

Default Re: Sleeping peacefully

just my two cents worth. i think a tighter crop will help, as the right side of the photo is too empty.

this picture might work better with central composition and maybe a slight tilt or without. the use of negative space didnt work, created more tension on the left and nothing to balance on the right. i like the gentle bw tones, its great and well capture too.

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    just my two cents worth. i think a tighter crop will help, as the right side of the photo is too empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    this picture might work better with central composition and maybe a slight tilt or without. the use of negative space didnt work, created more tension on the left and nothing to balance on the right. i like the gentle bw tones, its great and well capture too.
    I would go with sprintist's suggestion for a center framing rather than usage of negative space on the right. The rule of thirds doesn't apply all the time either

A tighter crop may be potentially uncomfortable because as it is, the baby's head is already cut off; it's not complete, so an even tighter crop may not be the best idea.