Thread: Ansel Adam exhibition

Default Ansel Adam exhibition

Anyone knows where is it held?

It is held at Utterly Art Gallery, along South bridge road, its on the second floor of the row of shophouses beside the mosque. Works by another famous photographer Russell Wong is also on display there... anyone going?

hey peeps, come join us, we're going down this Fri lunchtime...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=37838

1. Ansel
    2. Larry
    3. eskie?

1. Ansel
    2. Larry
    3. eskie?
    4. anavrin

1. Ansel
    2. Larry
    3. eskie?
    4. anavrin
    5. Deep5 (hey.. then i can pass u the cds, Larry.. how? but still tentative)

OK just checking, are we going for lunch after the show or do we take lunch first before meeting up?

well thats the thing
    what time are u guys meeting?
    i have something on from 11-1 at city hall..

i need to know what time...
    what time is lunch?

ahha i no more job so dont care liao *woot* lol lunch time can be 3pm

please confirm what time

Well, there is a kampung chicken rice at a corner along that short row of shophouses where the gallery is located, can meet up for lunch there

Aiyah, have to pull out of this one coz got smthing on at school ard this time.....
    so my name is removed from the list
    Sorry guys...

1. Ansel
    2. Larry
    3. eskie?
    4. anavrin

OK confirm all of us are meeting at OUB Centre (at the big metal OUB sculpture facing Raffles Place) 12.30pm, then taking a walk to the show, then have lunch after the show.

Or, meet up, have lunch first then go to the show. I think we'll just play by ear (or by stomach).

im sorry
    i didnt see this till now
    and ive already gone to the show and back

This is a very small show (6 prints from Ansel Adams, 7 from Russel Wong). According to Kenneth Tan, who runs the gallery, it is just a preview of a bigger show sometime end of the year.

Anyway it is worth a look, especially for people who've never seen a good large format print. It is what the Art of Photography is all about, huge prints with breathtaking details.

Russel Wong's Wisner 8x10 field camera is also there on display for the benefit of those who've never seen one.

Kenneth's effort is certainly worth our support.

yah, agree that the exhibition is a nice effort. nice cosy little place.

however, i wonder if u guys felt that something could be improved upon. i was quite "disturbed" by the reflections on the glass while viewing, esp for those displayed near the window. it's totally understandable that there is a need to protect those prints which r collectors' items, but the fact that it takes "some effort" to appreciate the photos rather than being able to really enjoy them with ease (without being bothered by the reflections) is something to think abt. i'm no expert on that n do not really have any suggestions how that problem can be solved. can anyone throw some light on that issue.

also, i noticed fingerprints (on the glass) on russel wong's display. they're near the top edge so i dun think any visitors would take the effort to do such a prank. maybe that kind of a distraction has been overlooked.

not trying to be difficult here but juz sharing some observations made today.

On reflections, I think installing curtains or blinds might help. But then that will mean heavily dependant on artificial light. I didn't notice the finger prints though. If they are high up, then they are probably left by the movers or whoever hung up the prints. Shoud feed back to Kenneth. I'll probably pay him another visit before the last day of the exhibit, just to have another look at those beautiful prints again.

totally agreed on the reflection
    esp on ansel's prints very annoying.

lol on one note... ansel's picture.. the one of the forest/woods haha i notice alot of dirt on his lens/picture
    kekekekeke

even the masters aint perfect
    but its a beautiful shot, regardless
    the misty/foggy effect.. ah so nice

yes, stunning to see moonrise in print form *swoons* hehehe

i enjoyed myself
    even tho.. so short

Agreed with eskie on the beautiful prints..

was there on fri around that time too ..but didnt see the post for meeting place in time, so went by myself. although the gallery was small, there were sufficient space to move around and admire the pics..really beautiful and surreal pics on display.. everyone should go take a look...

"moonrise" is really superb

sigh its just amazing.
    eh what time were u there?
    i think i was there about 1.30 or something like that

interesting that russel wong prints his pictures on watercolor paper. i wondered about that

think i was there from 12 - 1+ pm. i'm the one wearing a light blue t-shirt, jeans and white adidas shoes.

Originally posted by eskie
    sigh its just amazing.
    eh what time were u there?
    i think i was there about 1.30 or something like that

interesting that russel wong prints his pictures on watercolor paper. i wondered about that
    One of the organisers there was explaining about the IRIS printing. Its a inkjet print of a high quality scan of the negative. I guess its too difficult to print out on that size using traditional methods.