Thread: birdie

Default birdie

oh my god flying birds are so difficult to take!!!!!
    anyway this is probably my more or less in-focus one, the other 200 are goners.

since the background is one whole mass of heads, i'd like to ask what's a recommended cropping? how does this one look to you guys? thanks a lot!

Default Re: birdie

Was this shot cropped, or as is from camera?

My guess is straight from the camera, with TS saying the other 200 shots were goners. The colours are great and such wing span are indeed hard to capture. Gd job...
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

oh yes calebk it's been cropped. one blurry head in the middle bottom was kinda obstructing, you still can see the top of it.
    horizontally uncropped.

thx nigel, the sun that day was mad but it helped give the wings' edge a nice glow.

great capture ... but u need to improve your odds

1/200 is as almost good -or bad - as a random shot, but perhaps better than shooting with P mode and eyes closed ...

thanks espion i wanna improve too... any tips?

took it by using manual focus to chase the vulture. servo cant really respond when its flying in my face.

anyone with similar shots care to share how they got theirs?

Hmm, the crop takes away the tips of the vulture's wings, particularly the left wing. I think having a head there is fine, especially since it's out of focus anyway.