Thread: if good is done, give due praise

Default if good is done, give due praise

LUNCHTIME commuters got some respite from the daily crush at train stations on Tuesday.

With the additional 360 trips SMRT started rolling out at weekday from noon to 2pm, they could also get to their lunch destinations in a shorter time.

The extra trips during lunch form the bulk of the 700 trips which will be added by June 21.

Bank officer Gerard Sim, 26, who was taking the train from Raffles Place to Bugis for an appointment said he was pleasantly surprised at the quick succession of trains .

'With the limited lunch hours we have, it is good to reduce the time we spend on travelling,' he said.

Sales executive Zahirah Ayang, 33, who often takes the east-bound train from City Hall for lunch appointments, agreed.

'I will get more time to spend with my friends over my one-hour lunch than waste them on waiting for a train.'

By pumping in more services, SMRT has promised to cut the waiting time between trains during the lunch period from seven minutes to 3.5 minutes.

The additional train trips have been rolled out at the most congested stations during lunchtime - between the Ang Mo Kio and Marina Bay stations on the North-South line, and the Outram Park and Aljunied stations on the East-West line.
    link

...somehow, i can imagine that some people will have something negative to say about this. in fact, judging from the comments there, they already have.

Default Re: if good is done, give due praise

good work needs consistancy.

here's a typical video made by the british about the london underground - link

生在福中不知福

*disclaimer- if you are easily offended by vulgarities (or stickman violence), then this extremely british video might.. offend you, stay away from it.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th May 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    link

...somehow, i can imagine that some people will have something negative to say about this. in fact, judging from the comments there, they already have.

These people need to be stationed overseas and experience a rail system almost literally fall to pieces (you should hear the front-page criticism of their own locals too).

I never really knew what I had till I left home. Now I'm back I will never take our rail system for granted ever again.

Yes it's crowded during morning commute peak hours but a train every 1-2 minutes is a godsend. Appreciate it. Oh, and if it's crowded, do your bit by moving to the center of the carriage, yeah? I know nobody around wants to do it because they want to get off fast, but just do it.

SMRT is doing a great job and being tremendously proactive - I'm not sure that there are many other places which can lay claim to the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sloth View Post
    These people need to be stationed overseas and experience a rail system almost literally fall to pieces (you should hear the front-page criticism of their own locals too).
    well.. one day, when they experience this they'll fall to their knees in tears and crawl back home.

when the final shove came, their knee ligaments gave up the ghost.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th May 2008 at 09:23 PM.