Thread: Keychain Breathalyzer

Default Keychain Breathalyzer

Just wondering, how many of you clubsnappers would like to have a keychain breathalyzer?

Personally, I feel that it is impossible to stay off drinks at a party. Wouldn't a personalize breathalyzer do good for Singaporeans? and perhaps help encourage responsible driving?

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Keychain Breathalyzer

Nope, already got enough gear to carry. My keychain already got mini-torchlight, swiss army knife, car keylock, etc.

Know your limits and stay within. If you cannot drink, then be strong enough to say no.

Anyway, those tests are not dependable and only give you approximate. Not accurate.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    Wouldn't a personalize breathalyzer do good for Singaporeans? and perhaps help encourage responsible driving?
    I think that if you're too drunk to drive, most likely you're too drunk to heed the advice of a breath analyzer.

You can be under the legal limit and still be too drunk to drive. Accuracy of those little pocket devices is also questionable.

I don't know of any good solutions to the problem. As for yourself, I certainly wouldn't advise against drinking at parties, but please be safe and responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Nope, already got enough gear to carry. My keychain already got mini-torchlight, swiss army knife, car keylock, etc.
    You don't actually have to carry it in your keychain. Leave in the car, hanging off the rear view mirror. But my previous comment still applies (I think it won't do much good).

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys.

Cool Re: Keychain Breathalyzer

I feel that it is really illogical to stay off drinks totally during a party.
    I wouldnt enjoy it im sure. Even during family gatherings, it would be
    nice to indulge in my uncle's special cocktail concoction. So i think it's best I have something handy like the keychain device.

just my twocents worth though.

Just take a cab if you expect yourself to drink. Had been doing that for decades....

Red face Re: Keychain Breathalyzer

i dont do that since i have my own car. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by vonntai View Post
    Well as the saying goes: if you drink, don't drive.

Up to you whether you want to heed the advice or wait until it's too late (hopefully it never happens, but you will never know). Please be responsible and not present yourself (and other drivers on the road) with potential harm.

Lennyl also raised a valid point here. You may be under the legal limit, but everyone's ability to hold alcohol is different, and some may be too intoxicated to drive safely/responsibly.
    Last edited by calebk; 20th May 2008 at 12:54 PM.

yeaa i think responsibility means not driving altho you're not over the legal limit but feel too intoxicated to drive.

i had it before.
    totally inaccurate...

Quote Originally Posted by anglejn View Post
    yeaa i think responsibility means not driving altho you're not over the legal limit but feel too intoxicated to drive.
    Unfortunately being intoxicated also means judgement is impaired. That's why alcohol and driving is so dangerous until we're all driving this.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Unfortunately being intoxicated also means judgement is impaired. That's why alcohol and driving is so dangerous until we're all driving this.
    Totally smart alec, but my kind of car.

I feel that it is really illogical to stay off drinks totally during a party.
    I wouldnt enjoy it im sure. Even during family gatherings, it would be
    nice to indulge in my uncle's special cocktail concoction. So i think it's best I have something handy like the keychain device.

just my twocents worth though.

Well, you can drink, but limit yourself, if you know you are driving. Esp if you put others in danger.

If you drink, then take a cab or get someone else to drive you. You can always pick up your car in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Well as the saying goes: if you drink, don't drive.

Up to you whether you want to heed the advice or wait until it's too late (hopefully it never happens, but you will never know). Please be responsible and not present yourself (and other drivers on the road) with potential harm.

Lennyl also raised a valid point here. You may be under the legal limit, but everyone's ability to hold alcohol is different, and some may be too intoxicated to drive safely/responsibly.