Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentaxian Gathering in June, open for suggestions :)

Default Re: Pentaxian Gathering in June, open for suggestions :)

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    lovely shots all^^ always nice to see Pentax photographers doing macros^^

Edit: Nobody did butts or other insects close-up/macro?
    Butts? All went hiding in the rain... Insects, got some, but lazy to change lens (FA 100 instead of the A50) coz' drizzling. Anyways, it's only an hours worth of shot, or even lesser. The rain 'force' us close to 3 hrs of solid chit-chat!!

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Butts? All went hiding in the rain... Insects, got some, but lazy to change lens (FA 100 instead of the A50) coz' drizzling. Anyways, it's only an hours worth of shot, or even lesser. The rain 'force' us close to 3 hrs of solid chit-chat!!

I was tempted to go this morning before I go SKC, but after it started raining a bit I decided not to go^^; So just went SKC instead. Anyway I'm sure many would benifit from those 3hrs

Quote Originally Posted by faisalee View Post
    WOW... Bernard!!!
    Amazing shots :-)
    Thank you, Faisalee! Just my modest pixs, and lots to learn from the teachers in Pentax! Looking forward to meeting you in the next pentax meet.

Amazing shots by everyone!

Here are a few of min...
    All shot with 100mm f2.8 F Macro

Screamer...

Is not exactly how I wanted, but...

Ready to Drop...

Lotus...

Mantis Kung-fu

This in particular annoyed me until I gave up! The branch was swinging with rain and I couldn't stand still hehe...
    I can see you... (sorry about the blurry photo! Just wanted to show what made me almost yell at the little fellow haha!)

Long way up...

135mm f2.5 K Manual, FW you were right... this is one amazingly sharp lens!

Enjoyed a lot, rain added a bit to the focusing frustrations but Loved every single moment
    Last edited by faisalee; 22nd June 2008 at 09:40 PM.

i was there this morning and was awed by the array of dedicated macro lens in display. to soothe my bruised ego, i went shopping after the gathering.... hehehe. just came back from alan photo with a tamron 90mm macro lens. $565 with a filter thrown in and payment in credit card.
    Last edited by seefei; 22nd June 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Wow, many beautiful shots captured today.

Great colors, contrast, and nice bokeh too.

otc

Wow, many beautiful shots captured today.

Great colors, contrast, and nice bokeh too.

otc

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    i was there this morning and was awed by the array of dedicated macro lens in display. to soothe my bruised ego, i went shopping after the gathering.... hehehe. just came back from alan photo with a tamron 90mm macro lens. $565 with a filter thrown in and payment in credit card.
    Beautiful lens... you will love it

Since when the Pentax meet became a haven for LBA??

Very good lens.. it's one of the most recommended in the community.

Such gatherings are bad for the wallet Anyway, if you can't get money worth for ur tamron, let me know. We can go for some macros when u are around balestier or TPY area

Quote Originally Posted by faisalee View Post
    Amazing shots by everyone!

Here are a few of min...
    All shot with 100mm f2.8 F Macro

Mantis Kung-fu
    Wah lao, I think I better remove my pix on the Mantis.. You've done such a nice job with this one!!!! Almost like displaying his mantis boxing routine in Neon disco lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Wah lao, I think I better remove my pix on the Mantis.. You've done such a nice job with this one!!!! Almost like displaying his mantis boxing routine in Neon disco lights!!
    lol! You remember how dark the place was! he was hiding under the leaf! Pentax SR rocks

Nice photos faisal
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Quote Originally Posted by art2d2 View Post
    Nice photos faisal
    Thanks bro. You missed a lot of WET fun :-)

Real life test for the K10D/K20D

I think I need to remove all of the pic I just uploaded..=S Guess I need a dedicated marco soon...

That Mantis is extremly hard to shoot till I give up with my Sigma...i also realise the colour is totally different from you all...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post
    I think I need to remove all of the pic I just uploaded..=S Guess I need a dedicated marco soon...

That Mantis is extremly hard to shoot till I give up with my Sigma...i also realise the colour is totally different from you all...hahaha
    I have started to Appreciate the colors Pentax + Pentax lens give... No 3rd party can match

I know with the D200 I could have NEVER shot that silly mantis sitting under the leaf upside down

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post

ishou80, I'd always shared this with ppl on macro (dunno if night86mare bro and snowywolf sis remember). Many tends to give up macro before they even attempt or had attempted a few times. So they are limiting themselves. You just need the "know how" to do it.

So don't worry about sharing ur shots, u'll improved better if u know how u can improve. If you need help to know how to use your sigma (70-300mm?) well, let me know when we meet

Mantis are great subjects. They are one of the the easier insect^^;

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    ishou80, I'd always shared this with ppl on macro (dunno if night86mare bro and snowywolf sis remember). Many tends to give up macro before they even attempt or had attempted a few times. So they are limiting themselves. You just need the "know how" to do it.

So don't worry about sharing ur shots, u'll improved better if u know how u can improve. If you need help to know how to use your sigma (70-300mm?) well, let me know when we meet

Mantis are great subjects. They are one of the the easier insect^^;
    yes, you did.. anyways ishou80 if you can go and bug (pardon the pun) longko to teach you he is very good teacher..

dragonflies are also easy, i still remember toa payoh park.. hahahaha.. all the dragonflies much more guai than the flies and butterflies and moths

Thanks Longko! It's a sigma 17-70mm...I'm aiming the Pentax DFA 100mm macro but the price is on the rather high side...Looking forward to learn more from you on the 12th. =D

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast