View Poll Results: How many MMORPG have you tried before?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero, I never play MMORPG

11 50.00%
  • 1 - 2

4 18.18%
  • 3 - 4

1 4.55%
  • 5 - 6

1 4.55%
  • 7 - 8

0 0%
  • 9 or more

5 22.73%

Thread: Share your MMORPG story?

Default Share your MMORPG story?

Hi all,

I am just interested to know, how many users in this forum actually play MMORPG, and what are your life experiences in playing MMORPG

I used to play MMORPG a lot. Started from the ancient one such as NexusTK, the infamous one such as RO and Maple Story, until the more recent one such as Granado Espada and Cabal. I didn't play as much now (don't have so many free time anymore ), just occasionally log in 1-2 hours and slay several monsters.

I am more prone to play free MMORPG, since in my opinion, its better to spend the money somewhere else. But my friend who play p2p games said several interesting points as well, such as less immature and annoying players, and more serious players (obviously since you are paying every month, so you don't want to make a bad impression and get banned or reported to the GM in the online game.)

Graphics is one of the important factor for me in choosing MMORPG, but I don't like those MMORPG whereby when you encounter a monster, a new battle scene appear, which means you don't battle the monster directly on the map (such as FFXI). I think so far, the game that I like the most is still RO. Maybe because it was the first 3D-like MMORPG that I tried, therefore it leave a lasting impression. That was the only game that I almost wanted to pay for it when it goes from open beta to gold version.

I think my record in playing MMORPG is playing for more than 7 hours / day for 2-3 months. I rejected most of my friends appointment to ask me out, never touch the TV during that period, and I almost failed one of my college module because of that

Oh well, those were the times, now when I think back to it, there's funny moment, stupid moment, and embarassing moment. I just suddenly have the urge to talk about MMORPG, and wondering if anybody have any interesting things to share as well

Default Re: Share your MMORPG story?

No time more for MMORPG. Spending all my time now in the role of daddy for my girls, roleplaying myself as a horse, slide and turnabout!
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

lol, good luck to you bro being a daddy can be tough.
    hope you will gain exp and lvl up, and perhaps gain some new skills

I played everquest last time and im in love with a female char but turned out "she" is a male korean... i was heart broken then...

I see... shouldn't have put too much hope in an online relationship, you never know who is the real person that is moving the character

I know one or two persons who likes to play as girl character as well, in order to get help easier if needed and perhaps some freebies from the male players.

Quote Originally Posted by arantha View Post
    I see... shouldn't have put too much hope in an online relationship, you never know who is the real person that is moving the character

I know one or two persons who likes to play as girl character as well, in order to get help easier if needed and perhaps some freebies from the male players.
    ya.... so therefore i stop playing MMORPGs.... felt cheated... hahaha...

Used to play MMORPG. FFXI, WOW, Shattered Galaxy. Now I only play text-based MMO Fallen Sword.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

Quote Originally Posted by arantha View Post
    lol, good luck to you bro being a daddy can be tough.
    hope you will gain exp and lvl up, and perhaps gain some new skills
    Yeah, I am now only lvl 2, but I have learnt invulnerability to sound and pitch cries. They just flow past me. I also got super strength to carry the 2 girls. last, but not least, further honed my NS skill of sleeping anywhere and anytime disregarding the noises around...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams