Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    We will be updating this thread with links to pictures inside ClubSNAP of the charity drive.

    Please feel free to upload pictures related to PhotoAid here as well

    We will also like to invite anyone to contribute PhotoAid related pictures to our gallery http://photoaid.clubsnap.org/gallery/ provided for and hosted by ClubSNAP. Please email your images (maximum length on the long side at 800px) to photoaid.pictures@gmail.com.

    We will include a copyright statement on your picture stating ''image copyright of (your name or your CS nick, please indicate preference)''

    Thanks!
    Last edited by eikin; 18th May 2008 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Finally it is home sweet home and we made it thru the first weekend. 2 more to go. Please help if you can.
    Last edited by John Teoh; 18th May 2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Too much heat liao.... typed wrong :D

  3. #3

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Pixie signing in ... =) Thanks all! One week to get rid of the "Chao-Tar"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Nice meeting everyone.

    Will submit the photos a little later...

  5. #5
    garibanco
    Guests

    Default Greetings from HK

    Hello Yan Zai, Victor, Charlene and others Photo Aid volunteers,

    It's Gary from Hong Kong. My pleasure to have met you guys there during the Saturday. Sun is hot but the noble motive is even hotter. Cheers to you guys. Meaningful event, keep it up with my remote best wishes to you!

    Just a bit of sharing, in my place, media has also stepped up effort on supporting the fund raise for China Sichuan's earthquake. A TV show recently raised more than HK$200mn (SG$36mn). Walking along the steet, I saw many volunteers asking for donation support. Corporates, non-profit organizations, individuals seems collectively charged for charity.

    Ahead, challenges surely poses on how reconstruction could be done mentally or physically for the victims, and on how secondary disasters like broken dam or diseases could be minimized. But the motives so far that I've seen in Merlion Park and in HK city does show an admirable "we are the world" attitude.

    Cheers,
    Gary

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Greetings from HK

    It was great meeting you all. Hope I can make it to next week and help you out with the Indian tourists =) Take care everyone.
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    was great to meet alot of the core members and definitely razor and dca's ring flash.
    I Love You :)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    yeah! The ring flash is soo useful as a torch to clear the place in the dark!!

    cant wait to see our fun photos...

    Hope more can join us next weekend!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  9. #9

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Hi garibanco ,

    It is my pleasure too to meet up with you.

    Glad to see that you finally make your way in here

    Regards, Charlene

  10. #10

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Interesting day working with you guys...

    Just hope we hit the target so we can help out those in need.

    3 cheers for the organiser!!

    Hart

  11. #11
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    i have added some photos that i took

    http://photoaid.clubsnap.org/gallery/photoaid2_weekend1

  12. #12

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Interesting day working with you guys...

    Just hope we hit the target so we can help out those in need.

    3 cheers for the organiser!!

    Hart
    U forget about ladies eh...

  13. #13
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i have added some photos that i took

    http://photoaid.clubsnap.org/gallery/photoaid2_weekend1
    The server is still not accessible due to the problem with the server

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    The server is still not accessible due to the problem with the server
    ya, the dns issue now.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya, the dns issue now.
    More Power to the folks who are doing their best to rectify it man.... sometimes we take this site for granted but it is times like this we notice that the people behind the scene matters alot more then we give them credit.

    Kudos to these individuals...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Greetings from HK

    Quote Originally Posted by garibanco View Post
    Hello Yan Zai, Victor, Charlene and others Photo Aid volunteers,

    It's Gary from Hong Kong. My pleasure to have met you guys there during the Saturday. Sun is hot but the noble motive is even hotter. Cheers to you guys. Meaningful event, keep it up with my remote best wishes to you!

    Just a bit of sharing, in my place, media has also stepped up effort on supporting the fund raise for China Sichuan's earthquake. A TV show recently raised more than HK$200mn (SG$36mn). Walking along the steet, I saw many volunteers asking for donation support. Corporates, non-profit organizations, individuals seems collectively charged for charity.

    Ahead, challenges surely poses on how reconstruction could be done mentally or physically for the victims, and on how secondary disasters like broken dam or diseases could be minimized. But the motives so far that I've seen in Merlion Park and in HK city does show an admirable "we are the world" attitude.

    Cheers,
    Gary
    Hi Gary
    It was nice talking to you and I hope you enjoyed yourself while you're here.

    And thanks for your donation as well. Hope to "meet" you here in CS in future
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  17. #17

    Default Re: Greetings from HK

    Quote Originally Posted by garibanco View Post
    Hello Yan Zai, Victor, Charlene and others Photo Aid volunteers,

    It's Gary from Hong Kong. My pleasure to have met you guys there during the Saturday. Sun is hot but the noble motive is even hotter. Cheers to you guys. Meaningful event, keep it up with my remote best wishes to you!

    Just a bit of sharing, in my place, media has also stepped up effort on supporting the fund raise for China Sichuan's earthquake. A TV show recently raised more than HK$200mn (SG$36mn). Walking along the steet, I saw many volunteers asking for donation support. Corporates, non-profit organizations, individuals seems collectively charged for charity.

    Ahead, challenges surely poses on how reconstruction could be done mentally or physically for the victims, and on how secondary disasters like broken dam or diseases could be minimized. But the motives so far that I've seen in Merlion Park and in HK city does show an admirable "we are the world" attitude.

    Cheers,
    Gary
    Hi Gray, welcome to CS. Really nice chatting with you. Hope you had enjoyed yourself in Singapore.
    To be good - learn. To be better - Practice. To be the best - Keep trying. :cool:

  18. #18
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    We will be updating this thread with links to pictures inside ClubSNAP of the charity drive.

    Please feel free to upload pictures related to PhotoAid here as well

    We will also like to invite anyone to contribute PhotoAid related pictures to our gallery http://photoaid.clubsnap.org/gallery/ provided for and hosted by ClubSNAP. Please email your images (maximum length on the long side at 800px) to photoaid.pictures@gmail.com.

    We will include a copyright statement on your picture stating ''image copyright of (your name or your CS nick, please indicate preference)''

    Thanks!
    don't forget to email your pictures to have them included in the gallery

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    don't forget to email your pictures to have them included in the gallery
    mine is in my own gallery... should i include?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: PhotoAid 2 for Victims of Cyclone Nargis - reportage from Merlion Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    mine is in my own gallery... should i include?
    include lor, for full picture from different cameras

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •