Thread: External hard disk

Default External hard disk

hi all, i'm going on an extended trip overseas i dunno how to solve this problem. how do i store my photos ? ive a 4GB SDHC and plan to shoot in raw or at least largest jpeg format, which means i'll fill up my card pretty soon. i dont want to bring my laptop cos it's extra lugguage (im backpacking) and i won't have access to computers cos i'm going rural areas.

i've heard of this external hard disk that auto syncs its memory with the SDHC card each time it's plugged in. anybody know where i can get this gadget ? thanks !

Default Re: External hard disk

Do you already own an iPod?
    If you do you can buy the iPod camera connector...
    The only problem is that you cannot view RAW images from the iPod, but you should still be able to download them into the iPod.

This shop sells some....here.

There are some with preview and there are some without.

I recommend Nexto and Hyperdrives for their really fast transfer speeds and extreme battery life. Epson, Vorsonic comes with LCD to preview pictures.

I myself am not a great fan of Digimate products because of a bad experience in my Taiwan trip. But they might have improved in their later models.

Ryan

DO NOT use digimate. I had 3 pcs of DigimateIII exchanged already. The screen cracks like no ones business. I gave up on it the 3rd time. btw nexto is distributed by east gear.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Bro... how long is your trip? if it isn't like a month long... i would suggest you but more memory cards instead...

HDD does have more tendency of failing than cards...

And i think the card prices now should be low enough for u to get 2-3 from you budget of the ext hdd...

think about it
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

yea viewing is right i usually just tag along 3-4 memory cards it should last you for at least 10-11 days for raw maybe a week or so.

Hmm, the last time i went bali, i clocked more than 4gb a day.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    DO NOT use digimate. I had 3 pcs of DigimateIII exchanged already. The screen cracks like no ones business. I gave up on it the 3rd time. btw nexto is distributed by east gear.
    thanks all for the recommendations ! i'll do some research on the prices and quality

Quote Originally Posted by viewwing View Post
    Bro... how long is your trip? if it isn't like a month long... i would suggest you but more memory cards instead...

HDD does have more tendency of failing than cards...

And i think the card prices now should be low enough for u to get 2-3 from you budget of the ext hdd...

think about it
    im going for 1month + so i doubt i can get enough memory cards to last me thruout !