Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1045

Thread: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

  1. #321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    "Someone" will pass you plastic bag and help u wipe and will LTC you if u are sick...
    the real LTC come and humtum you then you know.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #322

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    the real LTC come and humtum you then you know.
    Loving, Tender, Care leh.....
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  3. #323
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Alex sent to my email the text to my artwork in chinese and jap...etc Problem is it will take time to now add that in hehe I only just start to eat lunch...hectic day at my office with a boss hoovering over my head.

    Also...what makes me a not so effective PR..I can't speak Mandarin or much dialect for that matter and what is worst...I seldom design my advetisement in Chinese on my PC so ...language and proof reading is my disadvantage...with time I usually sent this to my China or HK office to do that for me but the lack of time as it is less then a day to Saturday..it is not possible. Plus...if I add all those other ones..the poster will again be made into a very small one with fine prints to read. And to do one type of each language I have a problem with getting them all done and have to purchase even more laminates and the time to do that many will be few times long then present heheh..

    So I appreciated those that helped with the text correction here and in private. I think it made the difference and it shorten the text further.

    Since this is what I said I will do I will keep to it the extra in other language and all that...if I have the time to do it I will try. No promise there. Okay time to get back to my work. I still have stuff to do at my office before I can start working on the PhotoAid thingy at the office heheh...


    Just add in here...the finalised version after everyones' input. Thanks.

    Last edited by sammy888; 23rd May 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: inclusion of visual

  4. #324
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    thanks sammy88. very good effort.

    also, after seeing the hugh ring flash last saturday, i am determine not to be out done, tomorrow i will bring my newly improved strobe reflector prototype 3, i name it "woklight".
    Last edited by denniskee; 23rd May 2008 at 07:49 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #325
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    thanks sammy88. very good effort.

    also, after seeing the hugh ring flash last saturday, i am determine not to be out done, tomorrow i will bring my newly improved strobe reflector prototype 3, i name it "woklight".

    Argh...problem...one typo slipped thru and the shout out came too late heheh...already just finish the printing and laminating of the posters ARGH!!!!!...hehehe very tricky small word. I thought it was "bear" then it was "born" then its "borne" hahahahah...*slap forehead*

  6. #326
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Okay since Alex took the trouble to do the translation and I still have some time I try out his chinese and japanese text on my photoshop CS2 and it worked or at least I hope it did when I proof read against his email to me heheh so here it is...hope it is alright. If any one need them for emailing or printing, let me know. And no more typo scare heheh... I damn phobia now hehehe

    Last edited by sammy888; 23rd May 2008 at 10:03 PM.

  7. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Alex sent to my email the text to my artwork in chinese and jap...etc Problem is it will take time to now add that in hehe I only just start to eat lunch...hectic day at my office with a boss hoovering over my head.

    Also...what makes me a not so effective PR..I can't speak Mandarin or much dialect for that matter and what is worst...I seldom design my advetisement in Chinese on my PC so ...language and proof reading is my disadvantage...with time I usually sent this to my China or HK office to do that for me but the lack of time as it is less then a day to Saturday..it is not possible. Plus...if I add all those other ones..the poster will again be made into a very small one with fine prints to read. And to do one type of each language I have a problem with getting them all done and have to purchase even more laminates and the time to do that many will be few times long then present heheh..

    So I appreciated those that helped with the text correction here and in private. I think it made the difference and it shorten the text further.

    Since this is what I said I will do I will keep to it the extra in other language and all that...if I have the time to do it I will try. No promise there. Okay time to get back to my work. I still have stuff to do at my office before I can start working on the PhotoAid thingy at the office heheh...


    Just add in here...the finalised version after everyones' input. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Okay since Alex took the trouble to do the translation and I still have some time I try out his chinese and japanese text on my photoshop CS2 and it worked or at least I hope it did when I proof read against his email to me heheh so here it is...hope it is alright. If any one need them for emailing or printing, let me know. And no more typo scare heheh... I damn phobia now hehehe

    Thanks sammy88, very nicely done!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  8. #328

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.



    good work ^^

  9. #329
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    i believe that it was eikin that did the translation and not me

  10. #330
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    It is all for the cause as a voluteer lah...least I can do with what I do best.....typo and all heheh.. Since me no where near our Golden Girl's PR skill leh. Hope what I can contribute will help the Killer PR crew as effective tools to convince more folks to donate. Handle with care, I think the posters will or should last till next week.Or at least I hope so heh...if not have to go shop for more materials and ink packs and slog another warm night at the office heheh.

    Good Luck everyone....let's make it a good one this week.
    Last edited by sammy888; 24th May 2008 at 12:46 AM.

  11. #331
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i believe that it was eikin that did the translation and not me
    Oh..I saw your name in the email. In fact I took a glancing look and the email address was not shown so I was not sure who did it except the for name Alex. Did not even think it was you heheh. But it is great everyone chim in man...

  12. #332

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Nikon flash "on" the whole day and firing the whole day so battries "bo lug" lah
    I will be bringing QTM 2x2 for usage for sat morning till ard 2 pm since I have a shoot later , that should help tahan the battery for the night

  13. #333
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    I will be bringing QTM 2x2 for usage for sat morning till ard 2 pm since I have a shoot later , that should help tahan the battery for the night
    we have that... no need to bring yours.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #334
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    A friend of mine showed me photos taken of the scene in Myanmar these day...it is really saddening to see what is going on...and how mad I got with their JUNTA for allow no AIDS or the rather lack of it. Scene of dead children that drown with their bodies spraw all over the shore line. Excavator dumping bodies. It is really bad there.

    I am trying to see if I can get the permission to use them for our PhtoAids since very little photos has surface from out of Myanmar. It would be good to have them though gruelsome but it is the hard cold fact of life here.

  15. #335

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Good meeting out so many new faces from the forum and was able to put a face to the nick , hahaha, Seya next sat

  16. #336

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Great experience for today PHotoaid volunteer works. Nice meeting Everyone.
    Beside the Super Hot weather , we was well taking care off by the Core group leader.
    Plenty of water & yummy lunch

    Sun block lotion still not powerful enuff , my neckline and face very red now.

    Hope tonight the group will able to get more tourist for donation & hit the donation target. Jian You!

    *** Tangsshooter work harder hor!
    Last edited by Mulan; 24th May 2008 at 03:57 PM.
    " Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality"

  17. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulan View Post
    Great experience for today PHotoaid volunteer works. Nice meeting Everyone.
    Beside the Super Hot weather , we was well taking care off by the Core group leader.
    Plenty of water & yummy lunch

    Sun block lotion still not powerful enuff , my neckline and face very red now.

    Hope tonight the group will able to get more tourist for donation & hit the donation target. Jian You!

    *** Tangsshooter work harder hor!
    i ish wan 2 die o'readi...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #338

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i ish wan 2 die o'readi...
    You re? Can't recall this nick, but im sure you in the core team today.
    My neck burned like Rosted pig now.
    " Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality"

  19. #339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulan View Post
    You re? Can't recall this nick, but im sure you in the core team today.
    My neck burned like Rosted pig now.
    i having my heat rash again, after this must go see doctor again...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #340

    Default Re: PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

    Hi hi...nice to meet all you guys and gals today.

    I really want to send my respect to all those PR and shooting people,
    need to run around under the hot sun,
    I felt bad when I was sitting inside the tent just do simple printing jobs

    Thanks for everyone hard works

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •