Thread: 19-year-old police trainee dies 2 days after falling during exercise

Default 19-year-old police trainee dies 2 days after falling during exercise

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...348024/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A 19-year-old police trainee died on Thursday morning, two days after he fell during a running exercise.

Trainee Special Constable Roslan Saharo was feeling unwell during a trial Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) at the Home Team Academy on Tuesday morning.

He was among a group of 120 trainees who reported for the exercise.

Shortly after he started his 2.4-kilometre self-paced run at 7.30am, a physical instructor saw Roslan stumbling and falling.

He was given prompt medical attention and sent to the National University Hospital. But he died on Thursday.

The Jurong Police Division is investigating.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Loy Chye Meng said: "I am saddened by the loss of such a young officer. Our hearts go out to the bereaved. The police will render support and assistance in every way to TSC Roslan's family." - ChannelNewsAsia.com

another poor chap
    SALUTE
    Li0nHeaRt's Multiply
    Nikon D300 | Nikkor 17-55 f2.8G | SB-900 | Fujifilm F11

Default Re: 19-year-old police trainee dies 2 days after falling during exercise

Sad... Was he sick that day?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: 19-year-old police trainee dies 2 days after falling during exercise

I thot I read the straits times wehre he was "found lying on the ground" and people were wondering why there was no last runner or buddy.

My condolence to the family and friends. May you rest in peace.

hopefully someone revamp IPPT...
    sometimes, even the fittest also can collapsed
    Li0nHeaRt's Multiply

woah, poor thing. reminds me of the nsf whose eyesight kana damage.

ippt.......... dunno whether good anot, everytime i take, i pushed till the max and i always vomit at the end, but seems kind of harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by li0nheart07 View Post
    What's wrong with the IPPT system? I have never taken it before so I'm pretty ignorant about it.

actually if your body cannot take any more physical abuse, is a warning sign you should start to slow down during a run.
    stopping suddenly is more harmful instead.
    the fittest collapsed is probably due to their mental strength overwriting their physical strength like me sometimes i would run till i drop.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post

ippt.......... dunno whether good anot, everytime i take, i pushed till the max and i always vomit at the end, but seems kind of harmless.
    when you push yourself to the limits, did you finish below 9.45 most of the time?
    if yes, you didn't vomit for nothing.
    and 1 more thing dont drink so much water before a run, your stomach probably cant hold it in after all that movement.

IPPT w/o penalty (RT)?

The key is to understand your own body as best as you can. Understand the warning signs of the body. By the time others see something has gone wrong, chances are it might be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post

Yeah in the old days I used to vomit after the run, pushing real hard.
    It's impt to monitor what goes into the stomach before a run. Also upon finishing, cannot stop suddenly or sit down, that can result is vomiting. Solution is to walk about and take deep breaths.

agree... before IPPT is advise not to take in too much fluid also...
    ample water parade is needed the night before instead of heavy drinking minutes before the start of the run...

but still as mentioned before, even the fittest also collapsed
    Li0nHeaRt's Multiply