Thread: My First Sunset Shots

Default My First Sunset Shots

Looking for comments so I can improve.
    Lots of room for that
    No cropping was done.

These pictures were taken w/ my A40 over the past week.

Taken with Tripod

Last edited by Cherlyn; 24th June 2003 at 10:19 PM.

Taken handheld ('cos I didn't have a tripod with me)

Much better.

Just that the arrangements are slightly out, the 2nd shot doesn't blend in with the rest. As for the shots itself.... still thinking.

IMHO.... if Ur subject is sunset.... then Ur focus should be on the sky with minimal distractions..... It seems from Ur pictures than Ur main focus is on something else.....

Anyway.... I am a newbie.... so juz speaking from a newbie's perspective.....

Like Ur last 4 pictures..... Nice....

Originally posted by togu
    Much better.

Just that the arrangements are slightly out, the 2nd shot doesn't blend in with the rest. As for the shots itself.... still thinking.

--> [COLOR=orange-red]daddy, what are you comparing? 1st couple of shots w/ the last few?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange-red]hmm was playing w/ a40's settings :P the 2nd shot was taken at the same period of time also thanks daddy. should have placed that 2nd shot in an individual "post reply" [/COLOR]

Originally posted by xin
    IMHO.... if Ur subject is sunset.... then Ur focus should be on the sky with minimal distractions..... It seems from Ur pictures than Ur main focus is on something else.....

Anyway.... I am a newbie.... so juz speaking from a newbie's perspective.....

Like Ur last 4 pictures..... Nice....
    thx, seen other sunset shots.. and decided to try some with subjects kekekeke
    Last edited by Cherlyn; 24th June 2003 at 11:02 PM.

I think you've got some good compositions there. Probably like your first shot best. The 2nd shot would have been the favourite but for the exposure. I think its alittle too dark, even for silhoettes. But its alot better than the previous landscape shots!
    Well done!

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Cherlyn
    --> [COLOR=orange-red]daddy, what are you comparing? 1st couple of shots w/ the last few?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange-red]hmm was playing w/ a40's settings :P the 2nd shot was taken at the same period of time also thanks daddy. should have placed that 2nd shot in an individual "post reply" [/COLOR]

Heh, some are pretty good actually, whereas some you'll need to adjust your curves. Another title other then "My first suset shots" will be good.

Funny, I sort of favour this shot, only if the lady is on the right hand side and the horizon is not tilted. I like the concept.

Last edited by togu; 25th June 2003 at 12:19 AM.